South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #1  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Default Goal by November??

I have seen how people lose 30lbs in 3 months, so there is a good chance I wold reach my goal by November, right?

Thanks!
michelle
Old 07-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Michelle, everyone loses at their own rate. However, the closer you get to goal (and you ARE close), the slower they lose. I would think that 30 lbs in three months would be setting a goal that you are unlikely to meet. That tends to make you feel frustrated and upset, which can mess with your journey to health. Why do you feel the need to set such a fast goal? The slower you lose, the more time your skin has to rebound, the more likely you are to keep it off, and the more time you have to learn new, healthier habits, which means you are more likely to maintain. Bottom line: the slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off and be healthier when you are done.

So...why not set a goal for something like 20 pounds (that would be a little less than 2 pounds a week, a healthy weight loss rate) and think that if you lose more, you'll just be really thrilled! That way, you set yourself up for success and excitement, rather than frustration and a feeling of failure. Okay?

Think, too, about other goals you can have...such as being able to do bicep curls with 20 lb dumbbells, correctly doing 50 crunches, or participating in a triathalon. Goals like that, when combined with weight loss goals, can really give you a healthy perspective.

Think about joining in on the weekly goals post (look for it...Kiko usually posts it weekly), choosing a moderate monthy goal for pounds and exercise minutes and posting in those threads, and making plans to reward yourself in a non-food-oriented way when you meet them. That can keep you going towards your goal.

Just remember...faster does NOT equal better, especially when it comes to weight loss!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #3  

Just to let you know, it took me almost a year to go from 172 to 142 - goal is 127. I have a tendancy to lose 10-12 pounds then stick at the same weight form a while, lose 10 more, etc.

The good news is - as I have found over the last year - there is a BIG difference in how you look from 160 to 150, an even bigger difference from 150 to 140, etc. so the closer you get to goal, the slower it will come off but the bigger difference it will make.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #4  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Thank you both for your thoughts and information.
My husband and I are going on a cruise in November....While it would be nice to be at goal then....anything is better than where I am now!!!

I would be happy losing ten pounds by then

michelle
Closed Thread