Old 07-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #1  

Smile New to Weight Watchers, New To New Bern

Hi! I am a newcomer to New Bern. Been living here almost a month now. Joined Weight Watchers last week and plan to stick to it for health. At 66 years I know I will sag like a week old balloon but don't care....Have a new home, I am retired, I write mysteries (two published). I have daughter in this area and she is a WORK OUT FIEND....me, I have never been into that lifestyle. I have no idea how these message boards work or even if I will be able to get back on it. Never done this before. Could use all the encouragement I can get.
big momu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #2  
Melissa

we are glad to have you join us here! I hope that you can find your way back. Are you doing the core plan? We chat here all of the time, we would love to help you out in any way that we can.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #3  

yes doing the core plan.......seems it is about the way I have eaten the past few months and would just tighten it up a bit and take out sugar......
Old 07-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #4  

I am very very ignorant what is a thread? Is that this conversation? There is a 14 in the box next to it what does that mean and the larger number to the right of that? Excuse ignorance but never did anything like this before and am sort of stumbling around.
I saw your nice welcome. thanks so much. I jsut don't know how to respond or get message....or anything.....like I say I am sort of stmbling around.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

it's good to have you with us. i'm about to turn 60 and have just found water aerobics. do you think you might like to do that? i have to tell you--it makes you feel like a kid again to run, jump, hop, and do all sorts of other things in the water that you can't do on land any more.

where is new bern? i'm in montana.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #6  
Melissa

big momu, sorry no one has responded to your questions. I guess this board can be a little confusing when you aren't used to it! Here is a link to the main core board page:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Each title is a thread. When you click on the thread you can read everyone's posts. We have a new chat thread about once a week where we talk about all sorts of things. You can also start a new thread if you have a specific topic or question you would like to discuss. I hope that helps some!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #7  

no i sink like a stone, I am serious.....terrified of water
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
it's good to have you with us. i'm about to turn 60 and have just found water aerobics. do you think you might like to do that? i have to tell you--it makes you feel like a kid again to run, jump, hop, and do all sorts of other things in the water that you can't do on land any more.

where is new bern? i'm in montana.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

i just now saw your post that has the questions. i guess you and i were posting about the same time before. sometimes that happens. don't feel alone about needing to find out the ins and outs on boards. we all have gone (and go) through the same thing. when i joined here, they were on chat#15. i thought it was for teenagers. that's not what it was at all. it was just the 15th thread of daily chats.

several of us come here daily (sometimes multi times daily) and chat. we just finished chatting on http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=89029&page=13. this thread is sort of a "sit around the table and talk about what's going on in your lives" thread. it is closed now as we just started #50, but you can learn something about posting by reading what everyone said here.

some of us also post our daily menus. today's is the wednesday's thread. (looks like 2 different members started this week's wed thread.) melissa posted you the thread that has all the topics that are current for the core group. you'll find them there. (so's #49)

come on over to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89630 . at the bottom of the page there's a large white window (box) that says "message:"

type what you want to say in the box then move your cursor to the button under the box that says "post quick reply". left click it. your message is added to the thread.

hope this helps. okay, come on over and join us.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-19-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, great job! I can tell you were a teacher in your prior life.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

thank you, vickie.

okay, momu. we're all waiting to meet you.