View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #7
DollyR
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Firstly recognise the situations where I am likely to over eat and find strategies to deal with them, like exercising, reading a book, coming on the 3FC, doing some crafts and keeping my fands busy.

Secondly, and this takes time, learning to cope with stressful situations by just thinking them through. OK the bank making a mistake is tough, but it's all stuff that can be fixed. Without resorting to eating unhelpful foods.

It does get easier as you go along and get more practice at dealing with stress!
Well said Kykaree Things do get easier and there are moments when we all fall through the cracks so to speak.

I get to the point sometimes where I fall inot bad habits and eat my stress away. On the boat home yesterday my family was getting on each other's nerves BIG time so when I went to get that bottle of water I added a piece of blueberry crumb cake. I wooffed it down like someone was going to steal it from me. I hated myself for it but it was like an out of body experience. Mistake??? YES...am I killing myself over it.....NOPE.

Just move through it if you can and remember its over and done with. You can do it!!!

10% Goal 270 or 122kgs.

FIRST GOAL: Hoping for 33 pounds (14.9 kgs) gone by June 1, 2017. as of Feb 25 only 27 more to go!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote