Thread: Super Foods
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #78
Heather

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nicole -- If you're overwhelmed take a step back. Many of us find a "baby steps" approach helps (though others jump right in).

If you want to try to incorporate these foods, another way to go might be to focus on a different group each week. Think about extra places you could incorporate berries, for instance, and just do that for a week. The next week pick another one.

OR, start by just tracking what you ARE doing, and pledge to increase by one super food a day... then after a while add another one...

This approach works for all sorts of lifestyle behaviors, not just Super Foods. I was overwhelmed too in general (though, to be clear, Super Foods were not my focus, and still aren't per se...), but I just made small changes. Last summer I started by thinking about food and portion control and moving a little more. After a month I started serious calorie counting. Later I added exercise. Over the rest of the year I made other changes, generally small at the time. For instance, now that much of my plan has become routine, I have decided it's helpful for me to add more protein to my diet and am finding new ways to do that. And I am trying to find more variety, and starting to finally do some baking again!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote