Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #1  

Default Too friggin' hot!!!

I need to jump back on the wagon, seen how I slid off it in the recent couple of weeks. I’ve just been sort of maintaining at just below 300, but I stopped exercising and haven’t been paying much attention to my food. I’ve just been so tired of all the heat we’ve been having here in CA. When the forecast for a week is all in triple digits, all I want to do is to go from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned office in my air-conditioned car and back again. I feel like I have no energy to breath, much less exercise. It’s a good thing I don’t feel like eating much either, or I would be gaining everything back like there’s no tomorrow.

Any advise for surviving the heat-waive?
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  

When the heat is beating me down i'll jump into a cold shower or pool, this really refreshes you ill do it as often as 3 or 4 times a day.
thaylon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I slipped off too when we moved last week. Started eating bad and no time for exercise. I have taken a break from exercise and I guess my body really needed it. But I am making sure to stay under my calories. That seems to be working for the last week anyway.

I do my exercise indoors - ride an exercise bike.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #4  

I have no advice for you, but I understand.
I'm in Kansas, so temperatures this high are not unusual this time of the year, but it seems much more humid than usual. I have not been walking in the mornings for the past week because even at 6am, before the sun is up, it is waaayyy to hot and humid. But I also work a job where I am on my feet for the whole shift (CNA in nursing home), so for 4 hours every evening, I'm getting sweaty from all the walking and lifting I do... I guess that kinda helps to keep with it.
I agree with the pool thing...however I cannot get into a pool yet as I just got another tattoo last week and it is not healed (pool or lake water can ruin new tattoos).
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

Workout DVDs/Videos are my thing when it is too hot to go outside. I'm in GA, so it gets really hot and humid and sticky. So I stay inside, with my AC, and a good workout DVD.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

AC - I am going to miss that Our new place doesn't have it and it gets pretty warm!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Heat index over 100 here today and just got back from the park. Took the baby out in the jogging stroller and did it. I didn't get my 2+ miles I've been working on. Just did 1 1/2. And he started getting cranky so came on home to get him out of the heat. But I figured even partial was better than none, and if it's that hot, I'll probably sweat off more.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

I know the feeling only too well! It is so HARD to get out and do the exercise... but, once you do... gosh it feels so GOOD!!!!!! GREAT even!!! I hope you can find a way to be motivated to work out even in this heat!! Good luck!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

In Philly it was 102 today. I walked 4 blocks and felt like i was going to die. AC AC AC!!!! I keep water in a big bowl in the freezer and dunk my head in it from time to time. I take two minute cold showers a few times a day and workout in the AC. Ya burn the same amount of calories so better be safe. And drink a lot of water!
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey fellow Sacramento dweller (I'm in Davis, so I am feeling your pain at the moment).

I get up and do my walk/jog at 7:00am. Its the perfect temperature. It sucks to get up early and get it done, but then you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

Otherwise, crank up the AC and work out inside! There are lots of things you can do - tapes, rebounders, etc.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 AM   #11  

Thanks, everyone, as usual, I got just the motivation I needed. I cranked up my AC when I got home and got on to my elliptical and though it was tough starting out, once I was done it actually felt pretty good, heat and all. Just sucks I can't do my outdoor walking thing, I miss it.
Hopefully this heat waive won't last too long.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote