Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Talking Hanging around here toooooooooo much!!

Tee hee this past week I realized just how MUCH I am hanging around this place and how much I rely on all of you here.

I work with a woman named "Misty" (my real name is "Sue") and when someone called out something to Misty... well... I started to answer! LOL my friends and I had a good laugh that perhaps I am spending TOO much time on the Internet! But not really... I am also working out 10-12 hours a week, which YOU are all helping keep me inspired to do! (Well if not "inspired" at least to where I do not want to come on here and post that I am not doing anything LOL).
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

heh. I think the same is true of me. I used to read the news and visit other sites every morning -- now I come here!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  

Ha--I spent over two hours here this morning trying to learn how to put an avatar up...I did it! YAY ME....and now I am back again. i think my hubby thinks I am having an online affair.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  

LOL same here, Heather. Now I email my best bud in Florida and play on 3FC in the mornings. And I have to leave for work at 6 AM LOL but I still get up in time.

And mudbugs... yay good for you at getting up the avatar! I love it when people share their actual photos so I can see who I am talking to!

And hey your hubby will SEE that difference with all the weight you have lost. Congratulations!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I know I am here too much. Lol, I get upset if the kids are hogging the computer and I can't get on here.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #6  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

its funny you post this! Our IM dept. at work doesn't sit around and watch every internet move we make in the building. the $ and people it would take (there are about 600 of us in the building) would be high. So they use a "buzz word" system to monitor us, and make sure no nimrods are checking out p*rn at work. They've programed in a set of words that when someone searches/reads or whatever on the net or go to a site with a title that contains one of the buzz words, it sends them a signal, and they go check it out. You cant imagine how many times i've sat at my desk on 3FC wondering when the net police are gonna come for me because i keep visiting a site called "three fat chicks" !!! LOLOL!
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #7  
lilybelle

mel67, at my former employment, several of us got caught playing party poker and texttwist on-line. I didn't know about 3FC's then but I would have came here too if possible.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Okay, I think I have a serious 3FC addiction! I also have to log on in the morning, as soon as I finish exercising, so I can "report" it for the day. I usually manage to get on for a few minutes at some point during the day at work, and then again before bed. It sure beats a food addiction though.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

Oh Mel67 years ago, when a friend told me about this site, I couldn't exactly remember the name and I mistyped it. I landed on a p*rn site. That one would definitely set off the filters at work!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #10  

Wow I can't believe so many of you "play on the Internet" during work! LOL would NOT go over where I work.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 PM   #11  
lilybelle

Lol, Misti it didn't last long at my job, they started making us have some secret code to log on.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

Actually, it wouldn't go over well at my job either Misti. I eat lunch at my desk most days and that's the few minutes I usually peek in at 3FC. During lunch on my own time is acceptable use of the computer according to my work's computer and internet policy. As it cools off in the fall, I really want to get in the habit of walking some at lunch instead of just staying inside, but right now, it's just too .
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #13  

We are not even supposed to do it during our lunch break, although I know some people do stuff like that, and some supervisors are more lenient than others. But I can understand why companies have had to really crack down on people's internet usage as way too many take advantage of it.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #14  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

The only time I've seen or heard of people getting in trouble was one guy got caught looking at p*rn, and another lady was fired because she was utilizing work computers to do work for her personal business, and thats a BIG no-no here. when there are complaints that work is not getting done, then they'll take a look at the net usage for that person. other than that, as long as the work is getting done and we don't look at restricted sites, i've never heard of anybody getting "slapped" for net usage. of course there are policies in place, blah blah blah, but it really comes down to the work getting done. alarms don't go off until projects start being late, or somebody complains.
some sites are automatically restricted by buzz words. For instance, when I'm at work, none of the weight trackers will show up here on 3FC, just little red X. When I click on them, then I get a message that the ticker site is restricted. Don't know why, but there it is.

Last edited by mel67; 07-17-2006 at 10:12 AM.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #15  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I guess being a grad student where my advisor has a separate office from the lab is a huge advantage. Ugh - net policies. I spend my time between experiments, before and after reading around here. Haha. I don't DO net policies. However, I am producing results so my advisor isn't even worried about how much time I waste around here.

You guys are my support net. My mom is trying to get my sis to lose weight and she's always complimenting my sis's loss and never saying a thing about mine except "you need to go down some more." What the ****. I told her it makes me feel bad and she said I was being childish. I replied with "well I'll just use my fatchicks site instead of you because you're terrible at supporting me." She didn't say anything to that. I was ticked.

Anyway, personal issues aside - I love this site more than anything!

Oh yeah, don't EVER forget the 3 in 3fatchicks when typing it in because THAT will land you on an unmentionable site.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote