South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #1  
susanb1960

S/C/G: not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

Default Throwing down another Towel on the Beach

Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the Beach. I have been lurking this thread for about 2.5 weeks now, it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I started the SBD. My partner and myself started together and I had no idea this would really WORK!

I have a HUGE amount of weight to lose but right now I'm going to focus on 100 pounds of it. Since we started as of this morning...I have lost 15 POUNDS!! I can hardly believe it...not the weight loss, I've done that before but the fact that most of my cravings are virtually gone! I still think about food...I'm addicted but what's new...but I don't HAVE to HAVE it like before...it's really strange.

I HOPE this lasts! We went out to lunch today...we could have gone anywhere and I thought about chinese and would stick to chicken, no rice etc...as for the msg not to be added...but I KNOW how I am with chinese food...I can't stop. So I so NO...imagine that! Instead we had a turkey wrap with a whole wheat tortilla and coleslaw at a local deli...amazing. It was great, I'm not stuffed and I don't want to keep eating and eating.

Ok...I'm rambling...sorry. I'm so happy to have this forum for support and information. There are great recipes here and lots of guidance too. I bought the 3 Fat Chicks book prior to starting SBD and that was helpful too.

Anything else you want to know just ask...except maybe how much I weigh...I'll get brave enough soon! Other than that I'm 45, have 2 kids, a 26 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. My son has a disability and still lives at home with myself and my partner and 3 cute dogs. I also am the pround Nana of 3 Grandkids...Gabbie 6, Emmie 4 & Zak 17 months. I am an advocate for people with disabilties and the director of a non profit agency serving ppl with disabiltiies and their families...just a little stress.

Long post...sorry...I hope to get to know lots of you and will take any advice...tips etc...

Thanks,

Susan
Old 07-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/314.5

Height: 5'6

Hi there Susan. I'm Sandy and I am starting my 2nd shot at SB tomorrow (Monday) I look forward to getting to know you.

I too have a lot to loose..but, this time: I want to do it for me!! I have to! I have flinstone feet all the time, my legs feel like elephant legs by the end of the day. I have NO energy!!

I know this works! It's a life change that I need.

Look forward to giving you lots of support.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #3  
susanb1960

S/C/G: not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

Sandy,

Good luck...you can do this... IF I can do it...anyone can!

I understand about elephant ankles and NO energy I'm battling that myself. It has been better the past 3 weeks. Also I used to have heartburn EVERY day and haven't had it ONCE since I started the SBD.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #4  

Default Sounds like we are in the same boat

I am also giving this a go. This site is fabulous! Great information! My mini goal is be down 15lbs by the end of the summer. 35 by the end of the year. 160 is a number I am throwing out there - I would love to be down another 10 or 15 but not going crazy.

See you around.....Sue
Old 07-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Add me to the club ladies... lol

This is my second go round with South Beach... I was on it about two years ago and just loved it...... but for some reason when I went to phase II I struggled and eventually stopped... but now at my highest weight EVER... I am giving it another shot...

I have to eat heathier for my body's sake!

Hope everyone loves the beach
Old 07-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi and welcome again to everyone. Please join us on the Phase I Start thread.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

, Susan!

So glad to meet you! Sounds like you're a very giving person (what a tough but rewarding job you have!) with a wonderful family! It helps a lot to have a partner do this with you...my H eats SBD dinners with me and that really helped immensely!

Congrats on making some major changes and prooving Sandi's sig right, "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" You're finding a way...that's awesome!
Closed Thread