Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/153

Height: 5'4"

Default One day at a time

Hi to all,

I have been traveling (business) and then there was the July 4th holiday so now I am getting back to what I need to focus on. I see so many sucess stories here and find them encouraging; even so, my mini-goal is to get through TODAY and TOMORROW (traveling again!) and stay with eating sensibly. I am on a modified WW diet, but the reality is that I have dieted so often throughout the years that I can do it with my eyes closed. Right now my problem is just getting some traction so that is the reason I am making a micro-mini goal. If I make it though today and tomorrow, we'll see what the next goal is.

I do plan to check in and share the story, irrespective of the outcome, but I am determined and really need some kind of on line group to check in with. Thanks for being there!
Mirabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #2  
aint misbehaving

S/C/G: 194/ 189 / 145

Height: 5'6

Hi Mirabai, BB here. I to am a WW, lifetimer who has gained all her weight back. I'm one of those stress eaters who has had lots of stress over the last 5 years, but started last week to really get it back together. I'm using the plan, but journaling seems tough for me this time. I can see where traveling would be rough... but you can do it.. Keep me updated. We have WW and weight in common, I'm at 189 right now. My lifetime weight was 150. WE CAN DO THIS :carrot I KNOW WE CAN.. Ready?
aint misbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/223.2/135

I'm on Weight Watchers too. It's the only diet I've ever been on and I like it a lot.

What do you mean by traction?
amberzade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  
aint misbehaving

Hi amberzade, Houston, me too. Are you going to meetings for WW? I"m thinking about going back, just need to find the right leader. If they do not moitvate me, I won't go. I enjoy those that have a good sense of humor...
Laughter burns calories...
Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for your replies. I said that I would report how my two day goal went and I made it through yesterday, but today at an all day meeting ended up eating two portions of some kind of cobbler. What I found interesting was that this occured after I talked infront of the group (for about an hour) and was very well received. So, it had some kind feeling of reward for me. I did manage to not eat the cookie that was given to me so that was an achievement.

The entire time that I was eating the cobbler I was also thinking about discussing it here. I felt very aware of the comments that were sent to me sharing and supporting my efforts and that felt wonderful.

While I am on a modified version of WW, I am not attending meetings as my schedule just doesn't permit it. So in a way, this might become a "meeting" for me. I too feel that the leader has to be right and don't have the time or the energy to find the right one.

As for what I mean by "traction" it is what didn't happen for me today. To me traction is like the engine of a train pulling something. It moves really slow as it tries to go forward and at some point has to get enough speed to keep going forward on its track. Once I get traction, it will feel easier to keep going. So, while yesterday I was able to get a teensy bit of traction, I lost ground today. Having said that, I am feeling pretty good just to have this place to come to.

My adult weight (when I felt best) has been around 148-153. I am 5'4'' so it might seem like that is still a lot, but I actually look pretty good at that level.

Tomorrow my goal is to get through TOMORROW. I think right now it might have been too ambitious for me to do two days at a time, so going along with the "One day at a time" theme, I am doing just one day.

Will check in tomorrow and appreciate the comments gals, and would really be interested in knowing if you take it "one day at a time" and do you feel you have traction, or whatever you might want you call it.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #6  

Made it though yesterday. just goingto stay with doing one day at a time, so that is today's goal too. Also, exercised yesterday. I felt great getting up today.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #7  
aint misbehaving

Red face

[QUOTE=Mirabai] What I found interesting was that this occured after I talked infront of the group (for about an hour) and was very well received. So, it had some kind feeling of reward for me. I did manage to not eat the cookie that was given to me so that was an achievement.

Hello Mirabai,
I so agree with the reward thing. I do great on ww during the week, but after all of the stress from work and home (husband with parkinsons and 13 yr son) I feel I just have to reward myself with a few too many glasses of wine... For whatever reason I eat way too much the next day, trying to feel better from a slight hangover... Say I won't do it again, but Friday rolls around and I'm back at it... But only on Fridays...
I HATE IT. I think thats why I must get back to ww meetings I'm need the accountabillity.