Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143.8/123/123.8

Default is plan okay for teens?

Hi!
I'm new and I have no idea if I'm doing this right! Took me all afternoon to figure how to register and post this. I've been on LAWL since Jan 4th. I reached my goal (lost total of 21 lbs) and now I'm on maintenance. My question is-- I have a 16 year old brother. He is 5 ft 10 in. He had surgery on his knee last fall and was out of sports all year. He's gained weight since not very active right now. He weighs 210 lbs. He wants to know how I lost the weight and wants to do the plan. He's pretty healthy. I was on the gold plan. I've been reading your postings for a couple of days now. It sounds like he would be on purple based on what I've read.
I started him on T/O yesterday. I bought the stuff from the center, but didn't tell them who it was for. I have 4 boxes of LA lites that I"m no longer using and plan on giving to him. Any info you can provide will greatly be appreciated.
Amy
arey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I don't see why not--it's all just regular healthy food. And what a great sister you are trying to help him out. I agree that Purple would be best for him. It's just larger proteins (about 2oz per serving) and an extra vegetable. Be sure and have him take a multivitamin and some calcium--still a growing boy I'm sure! When you run out of Lites you can also substitute Luna bars and Kashi Go Lean Crunchy--both are very comparable. If you've been reading a lot of posts you've probably seen all this before. Good Luck to you both.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.8/123/123.8

Thanks! I just read on another "thread" that they usually give the males on program the highest calorie program. Now, I'm wondering if he should be on the red program???? I'm almost 36 yrs old, so I'm close to 20 years older than brother. He was a surprise to my parents. I'm old enough to be his mother. Poor him, he has two mothers to deal with!!
Like I said before, I was on gold. Does anyone know if other than the ounces in proteins are the other amts the same on purple as for gold (ie. 1/2 banana =1 fruit)
arey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would put him on the highest calorie plan that there is-considering that he is both male, and a teenager. He probably actually being both of these, would not even NEED the Take Off segment to lose weight.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Teenagers are supposed to be on the orange plan.

2 1/2P, 1F, 3V, 3S, 3F, 2D & 2 protein bars.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #6  
on LAWL

the amounts are the same everywhere but the proteins--and you're right (and Aphil) about starting at Red then I guess if that doesn't continue to work then move to purple--I was just thinking Purple because DH (who is no longer a teen--by far) did purple from 232 to 193. I know Red was recently discussed but I don't know the additions over purple.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Oh Debbie--can I be a teenager again???!!!??? I would love the extra starch and dairy!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  

i know what you mean about the starch, i wish i can have 3 a day, 2 is just not enough!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #9  

the differences between orange & red & orange & purple

on red you have 4V instead of 3 on orange.

on purple you have 4V, 2P, 1D & 2S instead of 3V, 2 1/2P, 2D & 3S on orange.

IMO you should do the orange since it says teenagers should have orange.