Old 07-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #1  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Default Wendy's side salad

Hey ya'll--I am a huge fan of the Wendy's Caesar side salad but haven't had one in a long time til today--Have they gotten smaller or is it just me?? Maybe it's just been a while but there is no way I felt like that was 2 veggie servings.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well, now that LAWL has changed the lettuce serving size, my guess it that it is only 1 veggie serving.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #3  
on LAWL

Katie--I'm so glad you mentioned that--I am going in tomorrow and wanted to ask for all the new info--I need to go back and print all that was posted, too. And I need to get all the new info to my sis since she is just doing my plan. She will be thrilled--she an old WW gal and the cut in veggies was tough. I bet if I had measured that salad today it would easily have been less than 2 cups of lettuce. Did they change the watermelon serving b/c I've eaten a TON today!!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Wow - I didn't think the caesar side was on plan!! I've been doing the Wendy's house salad and suffering with white lettuce!! I haven't had the caesar in quite a while, but you can bet it will be part of my lunch menu tomorrow -- I'll ask my COD if it counts as 1 or 2V. The side I've been eating counts as 2Vs (at least in the blue book I have). If it weren't for this thread, I would not even know about the various plan colors.

So I wonder if a jr frosty can count as 1 Starch (haha). I'll even throw in some FiberSure!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #5  
Katie

Dare to dream, Joni, dare to dream...
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #6  
on LAWL

Joni--during the school semester I was probably eating 2-3 side Caesars a week and put them in my diary and not a word was said. I counted them as 2 veg but now will only count them as 1. I use a little less than half the dressing and count it as my fat--again--no problem with my center. I drink lemon water to try to counteract the tiny bit of bacon--but it doesn't stop me from eating it! I won't even respond on the Frosty--I love them and it breaks my heart when my girls eat them in front of me--sigh....
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

What did the salad serving change to?? 1 cup as 1 serving is hard enough for me, i find it hard to get my 3 veggies in 1 day and if they change the serving to more than 1 cup i dont think i'll have salad again. LOL
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #8  

oh btw i'm afraid to ask my cod because i dont think i will like the answer so i think i'll keep it off until they say something.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Oh Debbie--I could eat salad all day--especially if someone else fixes it. I don't think it's a big deal--I've always gone over on my veggies and it's never affected me (when I am OP!) I figure if you are going to go over on anything then veggies are the safest.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #10  
Katie

I usually go over on my veggies too.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
I usually go over on my veggies too.
I've never even measured my green veggies...starchy ones are a different story, but salad and greens...PILE IT ON, BABY!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #12  
on LAWL

I agree! My sis said they are "unlimited" on WW and that's the first thing LAWL does on Stabilization is go unlimited--so I think they just do it mainly to teach you portion control.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #13  

ahhh kids, i just typed my whole response and he erased it. as i was saying you gals are great for eating all of your veggies. I was never a veggie eater and 3 times a day, i was definately struggling getting it down. I did get used to it and started to like it but i only ate salads. I got tired of that and started eating cukes and carrots and got tired of that and found some of your recipes and i'm having zucchini, tomatoes & bell peppers now oh and eggplant. I'm lovin the zucchini. I'm definately getting used to it but eating more than required, hmm i dont know about that. for me its the starch that i can eat more of, i read some people miss theirs some days but i never did.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #14  
on LAWL

Debbie--veggies are my least favorite food group and there are a limited few I will eat, but like you I am getting better. My favorite right now is mushrooms--love them on the grill--I use a BBQ basket with mushrooms, zucchini, and onion--it's good. I also sautee them with onion and put on top of beef patties or with my scrambled eggs. I could live on starch and fruit--I tried and look where it got me!!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #15  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Asian Salad and veggie talk

I love my salads, too. I decided to be a bit adventurous today and try the Asian Salad from McD's (Hungry Girl raves about it). YUMMY! I just finished it and realized I never even put the dressing on it; the grilled chicken has a "little something mildly spicey" that has a dressing texture to it. Not sure how to count it, but I'd say at least 1V, 1P, 1F (there are mandarin oranges in it which typically is not my thing in a salad...but this just tasted good all together). If anyone knows the right food counts, please share.

Some days I'll look at my menu and realize I haven't gotten my veggies in, so I do the lo-sodium V8...add my Morton salt and no more guilt.

Boy, I feel good today. It's Friday, I made it to the gym this morning and, so far, POP day for me!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote