Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Just rejoined WW and looking for support

Hi,

My name is Kathi and I have just rejoined WW for the 5th time. I lost 35 pounds on it years ago- quit gained it all back- and MORE and am now ready to deal with this. Personally, I have gone through a divorce and recently the breakup of a three year relationship. I have three kids (16,15, and 10), so I am pretty busy with them and need to make time for myself.

I have already lost about 20 pounds and need to lose about 100 more! I would love to find someone (or a group) to connect with and to cheer on!

I go to meetings and am trying to be very good with journaling. I have a treadmill at home and do 2 miles day. I am gradually working some running into the routine. I also belong to a gym that I haven't been to in MONTHS. One of my goals is to get my butt back in there and start weight training again!

I have decided to take a break from dating and concentrate on ME for a while! I am taking my mom, 3 kids, and best friend to Hawaii in November and would like to lose a significant amount of this weight by then! I know I will be nowhere near goal, but I would just like to be closer to "normal" if you know what I mean!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #2  
suzy-loozy

S/C/G: 268/240/165

Height: 5' 9"

Default Support is everywhere

Hi Kathi!

I just happened upon your email and would like to say BRAVO for rejoining WW! Good for you...........It sounds like you've had some distressing things happen in your life.....I too went through ending a thirteen year marriage, a year and a half ago... ...Like you I need to lose over 100 lbs as well.....I've joined WW for the third and last time! Because this time it's for me!

I want to lose 103 total and have been OP for 16 weeks and dropped 28.3 lbs......what a difference that has made in the way I feel and as you know it's the little things.....like crossing ones legs.......more energy......Not popping the corners of the sheets on the bed every night.....LOL.....the little things......

You say you're going to Hawaii in Nov......and want to lose a significant amount of weight.....just be careful not to have too high of expectations.....that's approx 16 weeks away and thesibally you could drop 30 more pounds by that time....putting your total to 50 lbs lost....

That would certainley be deserving of a trip.....and a fun one at that!

There is a web site that I go to almost daily and it is ***************.net. It is also a WW support site that offers a great chat room......I think the forums are allright but I love the live chat and have learned so much from the ladies (and men) on it......I'd love to invite you there. We welcome all newcomers and can be a great support for you. We can be blunt and tough at times, but we all are obsessed with sticking to the program, and helping others.....

No matter what, keep doing what you're doing and welcome back!

It's not the single events in our lives that enrich us, but the journey's we take!

Ciao!

Sue
Old 07-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #3  

Sue- yes, I know I need to keep my expectations reasonable. I guess when I say "significant" I mean, that I will be able to see and feel a difference. I have already sabotaged myself too many times with unrealistic expectations!

Sounds like we have a lot in common! And not in a good way.

That's awesome that you have reached your 16 weeks! And dropped almost 30 pounds to boot!

I can't wait until I can say that I have LESS than 100 pounds to lose!

Kathi
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #4  

Hi Kathi and Sue, I am new,.....er to this site and just started posting today. I also am looking for support and to be able to support others. I joined WW for the second and last time in Jan and have lost 75 pounds. I am finding that I need to keep with a posative supporting network besides the meetings. This is great. I am really proud of you both for your successes GREAT JOB!!!. Keep it up. I know myself I have good days and bad days but I do not let the bad days get me down or make me give up like I used to. It did not all come on in a few days it is not going to go off in a few days. In one of our meetings a statement was made that I am really making my montra, "No food tastes as good as being thin feels" I really like that and wanted to share that with you. Hope it helps you.

Debbie
Old 07-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #5  

Hey Debbie-

I see you are from Minnesota, too!

You said you have lost 75 pounds? That's fantastic! Are you at goal, or do you have more to go?

I have heard that saying before- it is a good one.

My favorite is-

"If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got." I also like-

"Failure is not the falling down, it is the STAYING down." Eleanor Roosevelt

What day do you weigh in?

Kathi
Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #6  

Weigh-in today- down 2 pounds!

Kathi
Old 07-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I am relatively new here and am also looking for support! I have also just rejoined WW for the last time! I am looking forward to having people to share successes and struggles with. It seems like we are all starting out in just about the same spot. I can't wait until I have lost 20 lbs. like most of you!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  

Hi Momof4! As you can tell, this particular board is pretty slow at the moment, but I pop in now and then. I live on the 300+ board most of the time, a WONDERFUL place for support. Feel free to join us there! Congrats on your loss so far! It won't take long for you to see plenty of results! And
Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #9  

hi everyone,
I am new to this thread... I am actually looking for advice... I have over 100 lbs to lose and I am looking for the best and doable eating plan... I have done ww too many time to count. I hear so much about the lo/no carb but I am torn to try it again or stick with what I know... I am also looking for support with my decision. Can anyone offer any advice??? Thanks I look forward to hearing from you all
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #10  

Sorry to be so absent! I am in Florida on vacation, but will be back on Wednesday. Welcome to the newbies! I will check in when I get home.

Kathi
Old 08-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Hi everyone, seeking support and ready to give support.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 131.1kilos/129.9/70kilos

Height: 167cm

HI EVERYONE I JUST WANTED SAY I LOVE THIS WEBSITE IHAVENT BEEN ON FOR AWHILE BEEN A BIT SICK WITH THE FLU. I WENT TO WI ON MONDAY NIGHT AND I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN THE SCALES READ THAT I HAVE LOST 3.2 KILOS. ALL UP I HAVE LOST 5.2KILOGRAMS THE MOST I HAVE EVER LOST ON WEIGHT WATCHERS. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BUT I THINK IT IS BECAUSE I AM PREPARED TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. I STILL THOUGH DONT NOTICE ANY CHANGES IN MY PHYSICAL APPEREANCES YET. OH WELL BUT I KNOW NOW THAT IF I DO FALL OFF THE BAND WAGON I JUST HAVE TO GET BACK UP AND DUST MYSELF OFF AND KEEP GOING. THAT I THINK IS THE NUMBER ONE RULE FOR ME. OKIES THAT IS ALL FOR NOW SHERRIN
Old 08-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #13  

HI! I am back from vacation and ready to get back to work!

I haven't weighed in since I got back, I am a little chicken. I know that I gained about 5 pounds on my two week vacation, I think I have just about lost it, but I am still nervous to see what the scale says. But, I guess you just have to go and face the music, right? The only way I can move ahead is by being honest with myself.

WElcome Momof4, Victory, Merrick, and Sherrin! I promise to check in each day if you do! This thread can get a little slow, but with committed people we can get it going again!!

Kathi
Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #14  

Hi Kathi! Don't worry too much about your gain from vacation...it happens, but it also tends to come off pretty quick if you get back OP. Actually, getting back OP is always my biggest problem when I've been off for a while. I'm struggling now from letting myself have the month of June off due to all the busy-ness of that month for me. Here it is August and I'm still bouncing up and down. I do hope that folks start posting on this thread more. WW is such a good plan for me and clearly it works for others too!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 262.2/243.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I do hope that folks start posting on this thread more. WW is such a good plan for me and clearly it works for others too!
I would like to post here! I'm new to the board and am in my 4th week of WW. I have lost 10.2 pounds so far! I love this plan and would love to have others to share in this journey! My first mini goal is to be under 250 so I will have less than 100 to lose. I was reading the Wendie plan and decided to give it a try this week. My WI are on Monday so I'll know then if it is working.
Closed Thread