South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday Chick Chat

Good Morning Chicks- It is rainy here this morning. I only have the little ones for half a day and then I am off to the store. Whats up on your towel today?
I will be back the tea kettle is boiling.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #2  

Morning LC! Today heading out to a small lake to have a paddle this morn. I love the quiet in the morn, and to be able to get in a little kayaking early is very soothing to the soul. So see you gals this afternoon!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

back.........nothing like a cup of tea to get you jump started in the mornings. I am feeling a little stiff, as I though that I would start jumping on our trampoline for exercise- wow it is hard work- I think I only managed to do about 15 mins- it may have been only 10 and I am just hoping it was 15

Schatzi- enjoy you paddle. We live right on the water we should have a kayak, both of my girls love it.

Beachgal- good idea with the shirt. And I think that I will take my measurments today. Have a good one.

Enjoy the day ladies.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dashing in and out again this morning! Next week WILL be less hectic - except for Thursday which is booked solid! How does this stuff happen when you are supposed to be retired?

Little Chick, are you on the Bay or the St. J. river down there? Living by the water is wonderful. Schatzi, your paddle sounds wonderfully relaxing. I need to get out on the Lake.

We are in for a string of and HOT days. Alison's mother's funeral will be Saturday morning and I need to figure out something to wear that doesn't look like a patio dress! The visitation is tonight and tomorrow but I'm going to skip that. The whole family is very hostile and the whole thing will be very miserable. Why can't people just put aside their differences in sad situations like this?

This morning I am going to clean before it gets too hot - I fired Candice, by the way! - and then will drive to Ottawa. I am going to buy a "dragon" to cook weeds in the veggie garden. I am also getting a hose reel thingie because I'm sick of dragging hoses at the Fairground. I'll work in a visit to Aunt Rose when I'm there. Of course I may wander into a shopping centre while I'm in the big city.

Have a super Thursday on The Beach! Gotta get cracking at real life.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #5  

Morning gals....

LC I just recently started exercising and seem to feel stiff all the time. Here's hoping it will pass!

Ruth You would hope people could put those issues aside during times like this. Family dynamics are so strange sometimes.

Schatzi That does sound nice and peaceful. My house is going to be calm for about 30 more minutes or so. I have actually been awake for a little over an hour and the sensors in my girls' bodies haven't gone off yet!

Me- Dinner at the in-laws tonight, a few errands this morning, that will be about it. DH needs to mow the lawn today, although I don't think it will happen until tomorrow. Our neighbor is a "pool guy" and just fired one of the guys that works for him. DH offered to go help him this morning, so it is just the girls and myself. I think we will hit the farmer's market to stock up on fruits and veggies. Need to shop the ads to find out where chicken and ground beef are on sale. I have become my grandmother as I will go to 3 different stores to ge tthe best deals. I do wind up saving quite a bit!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Mornin all

How has everybody been?
It ihas been really hectic here, busy busy busy, but I have not fallen off my diet once!! Yeah!!

It is going to be so hot here all weekend. DH is going fishing on the coast tomorrow, I don't know how he is going to stand the heat. Hoping he will bring back a cooler full of trout though.

Well I will check in later gotta get to work.

Later Ladies
Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #7  

Good Morning Chicks!

Very busy day today. Unexpected familiy illness is taking me out of town and we leave tomorrow for vacay. There are just never enough hours in the day.

I having a little trouble staying on the beach. Did you ever feel like you are being pulled out from the safety of the shore? Its really a matter of not having what a need. I didnt' want to do too much shopping since we leave tomorrow and yet, to be successful, you not only need what you need, but you need it prepared (peppers are great, but if they're not cut up and waiting, they're not getting eaten). Anyway.... Today is a brand new day!

Have a super one girls!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

Ruth- I live on the saint john river but the bay is only 15 mins away. Hope you find something to wear.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I guess I was to hot or lazy to sit by the computer and post. This weather is really getting to me.Leo feels it also, could hardly breath. Happy we are retired and don't have to rush to get to work,so we are relaxing.

Its going to be a HOT & HUMID day more so than yesterday. Leo's not walking with me this morn as he was out of breath with yesterdays walk. I think its the all this things he went though fighting his cancer,thats making him more tire than usual.

Well!! the scale moved down [.5] this morn,so lets hope it moves down a little more before my Monday W-I.Not going to count my chickens before they hatch. I just wanted to let you know that my stall is finally breaking.

Have a good one Hugs BB
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning Early Bird-LC! Up and perky even before your tea...you are a wonder! Wow...trampoline jumping, eh? Makes me think of the 'Girls on Trampolines' segment on the 'Man Show'. Will you be auditioning, you hot chick?

You're killing me, Schatzi! Your kayaking expedition sounds phenomenal!!!!! I'm dying to get back in a kayak. Do you own one?

Hey, Ruthie....who says this isn't real life? Love the dragon thingie...My dad used to have the odd 'waterbug' (a black cockroach...shiver! ) in his shop...every now and then, out of frustration at not being able to kill it, he'd chase one with the blowtorch he used for welding. I suppose it's awful that I found that funny... Have a great day today and enjoy the shopping! There's nothing like retail therapy... I'm sorry about A's family being so dysfunctional. You really would think that people could put their issues aside at a time like this.

Kiko, I go to yoga on the day after my really strenuous workout. It really does seem to help with the stiffness. The combo of the tough workout and the yoga stretching makes for a very peaceful (and comfy) Friday. I also just got some great organic bath salts that are meant for taking the stiffness out of muscles. Not sure if they work--our bathtub will be ready in about 2 weeks--but they sound promising! I hear you on the several stores. Good luck at the farmer's market...they are awesome! I'm going to ours, too!

Cheryl, good going on staying OP in spite of hectic-ness. What have you done to make sure you stay OP? How are you handling things without overeating? I'm always looking for tips!

K, I hear you on being pulled out. You definitely have to plan to succeed on this plan...and that means putting in the extra time. <sigh> It's SO worth it, though! I've started taking 15 mins in the morning to prepare all my snacks for the day and it helps immensely!!! I realized that I was doing great when I was working and brought my snacks with me to work, but once I started staying home, I wasn't getting my snacks in. Try hard to plan ahead for things like vacation (though you certainly couldn't anticipate the family illness...hope things are much better soon! ) and make extra of something you can eat for meals and/or snacks so you don't have to do extra shopping for one day.

BB, congrats on breaking that stall and welcome back! You were missed!!! Sorry Leo isn't feeling well. I'll keep him in my prayers. This weather is so hard to deal with...like moving through soup! Take it easy with your walk, okay? Drink LOTS of water!!!

Me: Off to yoga this morning. Need to hit the farmer's market for produce and bunny food, then will do some scrapbooking, filling out paperwork for my teaching app (which should have gone in a year ago! ), and some other chores around the house. Dinner tonight is spicy chicken patties with horseradish aioli from Cooking Light (made with chives from our garden and crumbs from WW breadsticks I found at the co-op! ), fresh asparagus, and sweet potatoes.

Have a great day, chickies...stay cool and hydrated !!!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Good morning to all. I just have a few questions that maybe someone can anwser. First of all, Ive been doing the sbd for about 4 days now, and im finding it really hard to get out of bed in the morning, is that normal and will it pass? Also ive been using sweet n low in my coffee and tea now (instead of my usual sugar) but someone told me that its really bad for you. Is that true? Thank you all very much.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

BEACH I have a really good support system, my sis & Dh are great. Like last night I had a viewing to go w/my sis and so we had dinner at her house and she make things for me, like we had marinated pork tender loin on the grill, salad and grilled veggies, she had bread and strawberry shortcake for dessert but I just had a few strawberries. I work 50 hours a week so I do all my planning on the weekends, shop on saturday, prep & cook on sunday. I eat lots of snacks cucumbers with dressing are my fav snack, kinda like chips & dip, drives the girls at work nuts.

50 IMO It depends on who you ask, I use all 3, Equal in my coffee, Sweet n Low in my tea, & splenda on foods, there are pros and cons on saccarin (sp) and asppartamaine (sp) I have not heard any on surclose (sp) but it is still new. My mom is a Type 1 diabetic and has drank nothing but diet pepsi my whole life and her drs say it fine, she doesn't like SnL or Splenda, but she has no choice sugar is not an option for her, but she is healthy.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hey!

Good morning ladies, hope your beaches are comfy. Just a quick hi, I've got a few things to do before class today. Finished my run, but I felt like I was dragging a ball and chain........not sure what that is about. Weather is supposed to be beautiful for the next 4 days, I'm excited about that. Not much else to report.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Hello all. Thank you all so much for your help so far. I have a couple more question if i could. First, can i have a skinny late? Skim milk, espresso, and sugar free flavor. And how much can i lose in the first month?(on average)
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #15  

Boy, it is hot out there! Looks like we hit 102 degrees again today. Thank goodness for airconditioning.

I just got back from donating blood. We've got a critical shortage of just about all types including mine so I figured I'd make time for it. I've got lousy veins though so now I have a clot in the left arm (where the vein was just too small) and the right arm is really sore from the vein that worked. My usual vein in my left arm has built up scar tissue from using the same vein.

I've got a new recipe in the crockpot. Smothered Lentils. It has ham, lentils, tomatoes and other stuff. If it tastes good I'll post it. It's phase 2 (or 1 if you leave out the carrots).

My den leader and I met with the district executives yesterday about next year's camp. I'm going to be the camp director and she will be the program director although we will share some responsibilities like promotion. It should be fun. Now we need to come up with a theme to top this year's Festival of Knights. That's going to be tough.
Closed Thread