Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #15

to Back In Kindergarten #15 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......~

Come and join us, All are welcome!!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Post from Sassy on thread #14

Hey Ladies.

Jules - greed seems to always come no matter what. Its a horrible thing. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

My hub is 6'8". So we ultimately want something he is comfortable in, all the cars we have it narrowed down too have pretty good gas mileage. Also we are trading in our full size Dodge Ram for the new car. Big difference there. lol. We are keeping our little Mazda that we use for work and back right now as a back up car. The new cars all get about the same gas mileage, if not more than it does. We only have about a 20 minute commute to work. So not bad.

Suzy Q - I read your letter, sounds good to me. Straight and to the point. My mom learned after everything she went through that being straight and to the point is the best way to go. If they don't like it, then too bad. Its very sad how people fight over money after their loved one has passed. I think my Great Grandmother had the right idea. She gave everything away BEFORE she died. I know we can't all do that because like my step dad and others, death can come unexpectly. Its just very sad.

Well my back is okay as long as I don't over do it. I need to clean but its not worth having my back go out on me. So I'm just doing laundry and that is it.

Hub is going to vacuum. He always does because it really hurts my back to do it. Yesterday on our way home we had a tornado warning!!!!!!!! They spotted one not too far from where we were! But nothing ever came of it. (thankfully) I think it blew down a few trees and that was it.

OHHHH hub's little stray kitty had her kittens! She came up to the deck this morning and no big tummy! We don't know where she had them. But she was about starving! I gave her a can of food (mil gave me some cans) and she wolfed it down! So we're going to buy her some Kitten Chow too, mil said it would be a good idea.

We fear that once the babies (if they survived) can walk and follow mama then she will most likely bring them up here....... If so we'll have to find them homes, we can't have all these cats outside. lol. But lots of people at work so maybe a few of them will take some if need be.......

Well have a great evening!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Post from Miss Cristi thread #14

Today was It Figures day and I had the whole joint to myself...gotta love that. Of course I usually do anyway because most of the ladies go in the early a.m. Also got my 1.5 mile walk in, again the treadmill, ick. Been so lazy because I haven't been sleeping so great lately that I end up sleeping in until 8 or 9. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.

JULES...love both Danielle and Bethany! How did you end up with Teri though? Through all the pregnancies I only picked out boys names. We decided from the very beginning if there was ever a girl she would be named after her great-grandmother on her dad's side so that name was a given. But had a hard time coming up with boy names. DH picked all three first names and I chose the mns. With #4 (baby from V and I) I chose the name. It's really hard to pick the *right* name. Love the name Ryan too! That was the mn we had picked when I had DD.

KATHY...don't think you can house train a goat...and this one wasn't. It showed the woman having so much urine and feces to clean from all the dogs and goat that they let stay in the house-so GROSS! How is Cole doing? Is his ankle better? Oh, no thanks...I have hard enough time just trying to keep this little house cleaned...sure wouldn't want to clean someone else's, lol. I remember as a teenager my Aunt would pay me, or one of my sisters to come and spend the weekend cleaning her house. You would not believe the mess! Sometimes she let if go so bad she would have all three of us girls go over and do it. But we didn't mind...we love her and loved spending time with her. She's only about 10 years older than me so we've always felt a little close to her.

SUSAN-NYC...yeah, the treadmill bores me to death too! I feel exactly like that too! Even with the t.v. or music on it still bores me. Makes the time go by faster, a little but I do prefer my walking to be outdoors. Sounds like you had a nice time...I so wish I was on the west coast again, really miss it.

KATY...I too would love to do a study as that and I hope both you and SuzyQ get excepted into the study. And yay! to having the drywall done!

SASSY...hope your back hasn't/doesn't go out on you-been there, done that. Been doing fine though with the back since I have been exercising regularly. But I have had mine go out just brushing my teeth. Have you guys decided on a vehicle yet? At least you have it narrowed down to three! I have to take DS shopping for one next week, or this weekend. He's been driving DH's truck.

MICHELLE...I know at times you don't really feel like posting but sweetie it really is good to get things out. I am sorry that you are having a time with DD. We miss you when you don't post.

SUZYQ...kharma with get SM in the arse. What goes around comes around and you just don't go around treating people like she is. Same with ex-SIL...she was in charge of her dads estate and for some reason didn't send the kids their share of some stocks he had in Boeing. The sad thing is nothing can be done...DS contacted some attorney's and to file anything it has to be done in the county in CA. They were supposed to have the choice of keeping the stock or cashing it in. Well, she took it upon herself to cash it in and didn't give the kids their share. Then there was some property in OK that she sold and cheated all her brothers and sister and nieces and nephews. It was supposed to be split up between all of them. The kids (my kids) were splitting their dad's share that's how they were involved because he is deceased. Now she has nothing to do with anyone and won't even except letters or anything from anyone. All the while her and her kids are living it up on the money that is owed to her brothers and sister, nephews and nieces. Oh, and because she took it upon herself to be executor of his estate she paid her self! DH#1 always said he didn't want to be around when his dad died because he knew this is exactly what would happen. His sister is a greedy biotch. I think it is sad when people cheat their own family, so very sad. I feel though the same thing is going to happen when my parents pass away. I told my mother to not leave me anything and do not leave me in charge of her estate. She had me at one time. Anyway...lots of to you.

Guess I am going to go. Finally found a site for support for Army Moms yesterday and I want to finish checking it out. I read some and I think it will be nice chatting with other moms going through the same thing. But, I want to find some place local to get together in person. Going to contact a local radio station and the newspaper to see if they could possibly help in finding something and if not, thinking about starting one, not just for moms but for wives too. I may go talk to my neighbor also. She has been in the air force for 16 years now and works on the Air base in town...maybe she knows of something or could put something on aboard or base paper if they have one. There has to be something around here. Anyway...

Take care and have a good day ladies! Chat with ya later
Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Post from Shawna thread #14

Hi yall,
Actually susan im back at work.......woopty doo...my store was actually in pretty good shape when i walked in the door. but they had 15 pair of shoes stolen last week and 7 pair were on saturday. we usually only have 1 or 2 pair. soooooooooooooo, this tells me that everybody was standing around running their mouths and not paying attention to what was going on.
yes i have been watching that show, it cracks me up!! i also love hogan knows best. its almost time for the new celebrity fit club, i dont know about half of them this time. isaac from the love boat is going to be on there .....how funny!!! now that makes me feel really old. i dont watch a whole lot of tv, but when sept gets here ill be watching my favorite greys anatomy, they changed to thurs nights and thats volleyball game night for oldest dd so i will have to tevo it.
well i decided that i would take my cheat meal for lunch today, so i got an italian beef pita and french fries. well, its not very good, and my fries are cold......somebody must be trying to tell me something....
well back to work!!
shawna
Old 07-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Hope that helps to get the thread started! Better get going - chat later!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Girlies -- Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. I'm sorry I haven't been here chatting, but I'm the opposite when I'm upset and down, I just don't feel like talking. I know it's just as bad to hold it in, but I just don't see it that way. My DD has just been giving us, especially me, a really hard time with rebelling. It slowly has started over the past few months, but here lately, it's really gotten me down. We used to be so close, and I'm starting to cry as I'm writing this, but anymore we just seem to clash. I really miss being close with her, because I already went through horribly hard times with my older DD when she moved out right when her senior year started. Life is just so hard at times, and I wish she would see just how much I have done for her.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--we sure are a chatty bunch--always having to start new threads!! Your letter was good, better to get it out than to let it stew.....

Sassy-- so nice that your DH helps you out!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Cristina--it's funny about DD's name---if she would have been a boy she would have been Jerry Lynn Jr and have been called J R not junior. SHould have known she was a girl since we hadn't decided on any girl names....DH and I went back and forth--he liked none of the names I had picked out from before, He liked Amanda, I liked Jennifer or Rebecca...he decided he liked Jennifer too. Then it was on to the middle name--couldn't decide between Rose or Leigh (after both grandmothers--Leah is my mom & Leona (called Lee for short) was his) My middle name was my grandmothers name. When my mom left the hospital Teri's name was Jennifer Leigh when she came back it was Teri Lynne. I finally gave in because I was tired of arguing. Teri hates her name of course--says it sounds like a boy's name.

I may be back later...
Old 07-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Michelle--you popped in while I was posting--DD and I argued most her senior year starting the summer before it. DH says it's because they have to start asserting their independence and get you ready for them to leave home. It's really hard when they do...I was depressed from before Christmas her senior year until after Christmas last year. I still have moments....
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Hi Sassy!

I am glad your back is feeling better. I love kitties - she must be a good mommy to hide them from danger. My cats always had their litters in the closest.
I went to TJ and bought a shrimp salad. They have the prettiest flowers, so I splurged and bought a bunch to take to my dads grave. Feel a need to regroup. I was thinking life was so simple 9 months ago before I was promoted. I don't know how it got so complicated.
Anyway - going to head out early to do that.........and it is raining - smells so good.

Michelle where are you again? Come chat!
Hi Suzy Q!

She is such a sweet cat. I wish we had our own house with a yard and such that we could keep her. Maybe we can convince the in-laws to take her. (after her kittens are older) I'd even be willing to pay to have her shots and get her spayed if they would take her. She is just so darn sweet!

We'll just have wait and see I suppose.

Michelle - So sorry that things are so rough right now with DD. I can understand not wanting to post. I sometimes am like that. Sometimes I just need some alone time to get myself through it. But remember we are all here for ya if you decide you want to chat. Also, feel free to PM me if you want to chat privately. I hope things get better

Thanks Jules. Yes he is great -- when he wants to be! lol. He got the vacuuming done and while he did that I started supper. He is cooking, but I just got it started for him, cutting veggies, etc. I can do that because I can do a little bit at a time and sit in between.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Night!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #10  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

hi all...just a quick second...I was in the ER all night last night. woke up around 1:30 in terrible pain...something about swollen or something or the other intestines or somethinglike that...was almost instantly doped up on morphine for the awful pain so things are a little fuzzy. Been throwing up. Have a u/s tomorrow to check for gall bladder issues. Still really sick and hurting.

feels yucky to sit up and type. chat later.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Bep - big Sounds a lot like what hub went through when he had his gallbladder attack. Q? Is the pain around your should blade and come around to the front? I hope you feel better!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #12  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

JULES -- I know they are trying to become independent, but they should try it maybe in a different way. I don't mind if she wants here independence, but I do expect respect, and I won't accept anything but that. I watch My Fair Brady every single Sunday night. I love it! I'm a reality tv junky for sure; there isn't one I hardly miss.

SASSY -- Thank you for your kind words. I've always been the type, even when I was younger, that has held things in, and then I still end up stressing over everything. I've always been a worrier too.

BEP -- I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I hope the ultrasound comes back with nothing wrong. I've had so many of those before my hysterectomy and I hate them!

SUSAN -- This system used to always kick me off and I would also lose my posts. Marti told me to always check the box by my name "remember me" and that has seemed to help now, so you might give it a try.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Beppie--I am so sorry your feeling bad--maybe it was whatever this is building up instead of the jun you ate that has had you feeling so bad lately...hope your feeling better soon..keep us posted..

Michelle--I am so sorry she is being disrespectful to you. My DD and I argue but she has always kept by our rules and we both try to never say things we will regret later--we can get heated but always seem to get it worked out. My DH has always said he can't believe how we are fighting the one minute and laughing the next.

Sassy--hope you can find homes for your kittys!!

Good night all!!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #14  
~Believe~

YW Michelle, I used to be like that until I met hub. Now he will annoy the crap out of me until I tell him what is wrong. So usually its easier for me to just say it. But I understand.

Thanks Jules. I don't even know if any of her kittens have lived or what. She is a stray so I don't know. She could even have a home and just be mooching meals off of us. lol. But we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #15  

Hi all, just a quick check in

stepped up my jogging today to an ever so slightly higher intensity, Lets hope it makes up for all the not so good food I've been eating!

Bep - oh honey I'm sorry. I went through terrible gall bladder attacks and had to have surgery to remove it. I hope you are doing ok!
Closed Thread