South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Wed chick chat - July 12

Morning Chicks, it is foggy and overcast here again today. Hoping it will burn off. Figured I would get us started whats up for today?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's going to be another steamy day here with afternoon thunderstorms. Already it feels like a tropical jungle outside, my glasses fogged up when I came out of Curves, ugh! We spend most of the afternoon yesterday at the park, where the kids had a ball exploring the banks of the creek and splashing in the stream. Despite the heat it was a really fun day, although they were filthy and sweaty and covered with bug bites. Oh, to be a kid again!
I don't have anything planned for today, we'll just see how the day unfolds. I put some boneless pork chops in the crockpot with some tomatoes, onion and garlic, and Jake will have his over noodles and I'll have mine over sauteed cabbage, and that will take care of supper.
What's going on with the rest of you today?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Little Chick. It's nice to see you back on your Beach Towel!

Cottage, we are hot and steamy here too. The sunrise was blazing red this morning and now it's clouded over.

My plans for today are in flux. My friend's mother died last night and I'm sorting some things out for her. Baking a pineapple cake will be on the schedule - my food band-aid for lots of situations. Our minister is out of town but I do have a number for her and will try to reach her when A. has firmed up the funeral plans. This is going to be a hard one as A's family are extremely dysfunctional.

Today I am supposed to go for my third allergy shot and do a clinic visit with Hershey for Thera-Paws. At four, friend Art is supposed to pick me up, we are to have dinner in Gananoque at the Athlone Inn and then go to Kingston for the sunset ceremony at Fort Henry. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, it's time to vacuum the house as I may have company over the next few days. Hmmm...crockpot, eh? I may throw in a pork stew of some sort for A. and her nuclear family.

Gotta jet.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  

Good morning!!

LC So good to "see" you!

Cottage Hmmm... haven't pulled out my crockpot all summer, that sounds like a good plan.

Ruth Busy as always! I am sorry to hear about your friend, she is lucky to have you near!

Me- We got back into town yesterday, and I am SO glad to be home!! We had a great time, but it is always so nice to get home. I am up 1.5 pounds this morning, which I don't think is too bad considering I kind of ate what I felt like! I will change my ticker tomorrow if need be since that is my normal weigh in day. The baby is waking up, so I need to go! More later.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hello, I haven't been on here for a long time! I have really gone back to my old way of eating. It was so slowly! And not completely. I still avoid sugar desserts when I'm out unless I think it is really worth it. I need to restart phase 1. I don't know why it is harder to restart this time. I have restarted a few times only to go, oh well and eat potato chips at a cook-out! I don't think I've gained back weight although, I may have gained back a pound. CLothes still fit, not too tight but I always had the goal of losing more.

Earlier this year, Goal was going to my sister's the end of May. My new goal is my mom is coming to visit in September, actually both my parents are coming and my dad has done AWESOME with South Beach. My parents found out about from me and they have completely changed their way of eating.

SO, I gues I'm just popping in to say hi and hoping it will help me to come back to the healthy way!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #6  

Blazing Saddles!!! It's Hot Hot hot already! Is it to hot fer cawfee ya ask?? NAH!! nectar of the Gawds I tell ya!

Welcome back to the Dailies little chick!

Cottage:
Dinner sounds delish! I might just wait fer the birds outside at the feeder to roast themselves in this heat ... a quick meal heheeeeeeeeeee.

KikoWelcome Home ..1.5 taint bad atall!

Ruth: Sorry to hear about yer friends mom.. As usual you are here there and everywhere today!

I've been busy taking this Project Management course and trying to learn MS Project.. which is pretty much the standard tool -- unfortunately the companies I worked for used IBM workbench and this piece of crap called NIKU.. but this morn, I'm off to the hair salon to have my color touched up and a bit of a clip..
Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Morning chicks! Hope everyone is doing fabulously this morning. I haven't been as good as I should be about getting on here. I've just been so swamped with trying to get everything done so I can finish grad school in December. Grr! I'm too old for this !

Yesterday I made lasagna. For some reason it didn't come out as good as usual. Lasagna is one of my specialties. Not sure what I did wrong. Maybe it'll taste better today.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

thought I would pop back in as it was a quickie this morning- I have the kids again today. one is sleeping and one is hanging out with the girls. It is hot hot hot here now. I was out mulching my gardens this morning and cleaning house and playing with the kids. I just finished my lunch and I could not eat it all. Today is day three and still no head aches- So far so good- I do though need to go by a scale- as I have no idea what I weigh- or I may just take a pair of pants that I want to get into or just take my measurments- Well I must dash and clean the kitchen while the baby is sleeping and then decided on supper, the pork chop thing sounds yummy..

Ruth- take care you are such a great person. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Schatzi- thanks for the welcome back it is great to be here on a daily basis again.
kiko- thanks to you too for the welcome back and 1.5 is not to bad it will be gone before you know it.

To the rest of you chicks have a wonderful day.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

So good to 'see' you, LC!!! I think the measuring with a pair of pants you like can be really good...it's so motivating when you fit into them! But in case you lose a lot from your upper body, you might want to measure all over, too...or pick a shirt to fit into as well.

I'm back after a week spent with my best friend, who came out for a long visit. It was good to see her, but I definitely needed to return to my gym/food plan/normal schedule after all that eating out, running around, and staying up late.

Cottage, your dinner sounds delicious! I couldn't stand the thought of cooking, so we're having a cold chicken salad with nectarines from Cooking Light.

Ruthie, you are a doll, as always. A is so super-blessed to have you in her life. Hope you have a wonderful time tonight...what is the sunset ceremony about? Sounds interesting!

Kiko, glad you had a good time! Welcome back...I hear you on how good it is to be back to the normal life.

Debbie, back! Sounds like your parents will be a great support to you! When you're really ready to restart, no potato chip will get in your way. I know how hard it is to change your life that way...but it helps if you think about when you'll have few temptations and start P1 then, to set yourself up for success. For instance, I wouldn't start P1 in a week when I have two birthdays, a shower, and Christmas, you know? We'll be here to support you, too. Just keep posting and keep your hand out of that potato chip bag!

How'd the hair cut/color go, Schatzi? Bet you look awesome! Hey, I read that hot drinks actually cool you down (and cold drinks make you hotter) because your body adjusts to that temp...cools down to compensate for the heat in the drink)so keep on drinkin' that coffee!

Pear, I hear you about grad school. It can suck away your life! But it comes back quite quickly once you're done. Don't worry...you're on the home stretch now! You can do it! I was talking about you with a friend of mine that loves ratties, too. I gave her a rattie stuffed animal (from Ikea) for Christmas. It was so cute!

Me:
Busy, busy, busy trying to get things caught up with my friend gone. Did my "pain in the butt" class this morning...yikes!!! It's good to do it, though...and eating has been good today. Back to measuring/counting calories now that I'm not eating out at every meal like I was with my friend here.

Wish I could get in the garden, but it's rained all day. Hot and muggy! Might try to work on a quilt or on some mending tonight. Have a great afternoon, chickies!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My dinner and evening was just cancelled - the Sunset Ceremony has been rained out. It goes on every Wednesday all summer so we'll probably get there in August as we're both busy the next two Wednesdays.

I'm going to put on my raincoat and go out to get some lettuce from the garden. It should be well washed!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #11  

Ahhhh.... so good to be home!! I didn't get a lot accomplished today, but that is okay. Took the girls to the library, worked some in the yard, that was about it. Had an omelet and salad for dinner, the rest of the crew had a frozen lasagna that I grabbed at the store today. I need to get a good grocery store run in during the next few days.

Off to snuggle DD and then read a book. I am beat!!
Closed Thread