Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board Chat #49

So ... what's going on?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm chasing you! So how come your little egg yolk isn't showing up anymore? I thought I was on alone. I always check to see who's on when I get on.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #3  

You know what? I think I had changed it to invisible at one time and didn't change it back. I should do that now. I don't want to be anonymous!!

So to celebrate my little "we all get to choose" moment, I went to Taco Bueno and had bad food tonight. Actually it might not have been sooo bad I guess, but whatever.

I might be having a bad time in a few minutes. Someone is on the phone from the Naval Center for Shaun and I'm hearing part of the conversation. I swear if it's bad news I'll probably slit my wrists.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

OMG, my fingers are crossed that it's not bad. Don't worry about dinner. Just don't get on the scale tonight.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #5  

AARRRGGH! He's still on the phone -- I'm staring at my cordless downstairs that says in huge letters EXT IN USE. If they were saying he was booted out, I don't think there would be a long conversation. Maybe they're saying "Hey, dude, could you leave tomorrow?"

My heart can't take this pressure!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #6  

The reason I'm more worried than usual (like I need a reason, huh?) is that this is the actual Naval station, not his recruiter calling from the local recruiting office. The guy asked for "Seaman Recruit Shaun Cook".

I AM OFFICIALLY WORRIED!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, you've got me worked up too now!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #8  

Wow, the suspense! I hope it's good news.

I'm frustrated...I turtled this week. Grrr. I guess it's better than gaining, but I have really been trying. Oh well, nothing else I can do but keep trying, huh?

So a while back, we had a service auction at my church, remember? I'm finally paying one of my services tonight. I gave away movie nights in our theater room, where we provide the popcorn. A blind woman won this one, so she's here with a friend watching a movie now. I thought it was funny that she would want it so badly, but I guess the sound is great down there too. She wanted to see 9 to 5, which I think is a hilarious movie, with great music, so I imagine it'll be fun.

I'm off to check on their popcorn levels.

Angela
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I looked at the twinset. I'd be tempted to go Navy capris/slacks. If the wheel is black then you could also do black. The description on QVC says it's red/white/blue. I also think white capris go with everything. You could even wear jeans or jean capris. It's so nice to have so many options, isn't it?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I shouldn't be laughing but this sounded so funny to me! You are a good woman with a million great ideas. I'd love to come watch a movie in your theater room. BTW, I've heard that being sick can affect a person's weight loss and so can medicine. I'm encouraged by your turtle. I'm sure it will be more next week. My money is on you!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #11  

Oh hey, Vickie, guess what you did today? You ruined my fall. And my spring. And my fall and spring. And fall and spring and fall and spring for the next few years.

I'm signing up to go back to school. What fer, you ask? Dietetic Technician. Not to work at it, but just for myself. I'm probably halfway there because of already having all basics done, and it would just be the specialized classes.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Moi?! How did I do that? And by the way, what a cool idea for you. Something for you to do in your down time.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #13  

Holy cow, Angela, that's awesome! I mean about the blind woman and her friend watching 9 to 5 in your theater room, not the turtling. But the turtling is not bad, although I hate that term because that's what some movie called it when you're about to poop. TMI?

It might not be bad. I heard him saying something like "so when do you get to pick your job or location" and then "you mean like Coast Guard and Navy" and "oh that sounds fine" ... we can all settle down and whenever he FINALLY GETS OFF THE FREAKIN' PHONE I'll tell you about it.

It's six weeks from today when he ships out. Sigh ... six whole weeks.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #14  

Because you said something like knowing enough to be a nutritionist. I study this stuff all the time because I'm terrified of getting to be like my parents, or dying of cancer like my sister, or being overweight like all of them, or having fibromyalgia, super high cholesterol, and diabetes like my mom. Or heart disease, COPD and joint degeneration like my dad. Heck, both parents have had malignant melanoma too. I am so doomed.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't remember who asked but here is the link for the blueberry lemon muffins. I don't use the lemon anymore but as Saundra pointed out...the options are endless!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...y+lemon+muffin
Closed Thread