Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  

Angry I failed

I'm back ladies. (and probably some gentlemen)

I used to come here all the time. I was very successful for a while at losing the weight, I lost 30 pounds or better. I am pained and ashamed to admit that it is all back. I don't really know what to say,except I am disappointed- hurt- embarrased- and roll in whatever else it feels like. I know some of you out there have been in my shoes, so you know what it's like.

I guess I just wanted to admit that I have to start over. I am still mad at myself, but I want very badly to be free from this addiction I have to food. I thought I had it licked, and I don't know why I fell. All I know is one day I stopped watching what I was doing and I never looked back. I finally hit the wall when my weight climbed right back to where it was...
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #2  
Aleecia

Welcome back Aqua,

I do remember seeing you around here. You and I joined right around the same time.
I'm sorry to see that you're having such a tough time. Please don't feel like you failed. In my eyes you have courage. You might have hit an obstacle in the road but that's okay. You have picked yourself back up and are ready to try again. We're here for you and all know how difficult this journey can be.
Lots of for you as you get back in the swing of things.

Best of luck to you. Again, glad you're back!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #3  

Hi Angel33. It's nice to see you again.

Thank you for welcoming me back with open arms.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Aqua, the minute I read your post title, I thought "No she hasn't" and I didn't even read the post! After reading your post, I still thought "No, she hasn't!" because you're back here again. Why be embarassed - none of us here are perfect! We've all fallen off the wagon and just climbed back on again - just like *YOU*. We're here for you and you CAN do it this time, just like you did the last! Personally, I've been on a roller coaster with my weight since college, so about 5 yrs now. Losing weight is a struggle, fighting food addictions is a struggle, but if you are determined to do something about it, you will.

Good luck!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #5  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

You didn't fail aqua...you just hit a bump in the road. You've already picked yourself back up and brought yourself back here. You're good to go...just hop back on.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Aqua, welcome back. No, you're definitely not a failure... you're just human like the rest of us, hon.
I was just sitting here thinking, "Look at me. I'm a moderator, and I've gained back about 40 pounds over the last couple of years and I can't get it back off!"
You're not alone, Aqua. Hang in there... we're ALL going to get this weight off!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

I dont know you since im fairly new but i dont see you as a failure life keeps us busy and we cant spend our life stairing at what we eat or our waist lines. Done be embarrast*sp* either you have shown me that this is the place i should be cause you have come BACK here cause you know this place helps and these people will help you and open there arms to you and not judge you. this place is awsome and so are the people here. You will do awsome getting to where you gotta go. you should NOT look at it as a failure but as you were living life.. hehe and no matter what your size you are a beautiful woman have a carrot for getting back on the wagon.

misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #8  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Many of us have been where you are now - so don't feel like a failure. The important thing is to never give up. Welcome back to the 3FC family - I hope the support and advice you'll find here will help you as much as it has helped me.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #9  

Wow!

Thank you all so much. I feel so much better now that I have come back, and admitted to all of you how I feel and what has gone on.

Up until after I read what you all had to say right here, I have to admit I was feeling very bitter- at myself. It was hard to come back and say that I gained my weight back after being so gung - ho a few months back. Even looking at the board was hard, I really felt so much shame in myself. I am better now though, I really needed to hear you all say that- thank you again so much!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  
Big Daddy

S/C/G: 360/360/200

Don't worry, Aqua. I just started here, but I have yo-yoed with my weight for years. The simple act of making a decision to change makes you a winner in my book.
Lenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7''

AquaChick - you don't fail if you fall down, you only fail if you stay down.

Give yourself a good kick in the @$$ and re-commit to yourself that you can and will do it.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Aqua chick...three cheers...you are here....and that's the first step. Don't use negatives...use positives. Forget what was, focus on what is...one step at a time. Use affirmations. "I am starting a journey towards wellness and self-care..."....whatever works!

Susan
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

If you lost 30 pounds once, you can do it again Good luck!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #14  

Excellent points and advice!

You are all correct, it's best to be glad I made the decision to try again and to be optimistic about getting rid of weight again.

It's amazing how a little attitude adjustment can change our state of mind- I hope it will also work on my state of being.

You gals are so wise. I couldn't be happier to be back.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I had the exact same reaction as sunnigummi when I read your title and agree with the others -- you have not FAILED!

Goodness, I have definitely been there --many times!

When stuff like this happens to me, I like to ask myself why. So, I'll you questions designed to address the same thing:
- Why do you think you got complacent?
- Were you following a plan you think you can do for life?
- What can you do differenlty this time, to make yourself more successful??

You learned a lot about yourself, right? What works for you? What doesn't? Take some time to think about what you are going to try to make it stick this time around.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote