Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #1  

Default How did you choose

How did you choose to do Core over the Flex Points?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #2  
Melissa

Hello! Personally, I went with flex when I first started WW. I did that for...hmmm....6 months maybe? And lost 5 pounds. (of course I should preface by saying I'm NOT a good dieter!!) Then I switched to core because I was obsessing over my points all of the time. That's all I could think about...how many points I had left in the day...if I eat this now then I can't have popcorn later...that sort of thing. So for me it was less stressful. Of course lately I haven't been doing good with anything! But that is why I prefer core over flex. It just depends on your own personal style and preferences.
Also, core encourages more healthy choices for those of us who would bank points for unhealthy treats.
Good luck and congrats on "the bank!"
Old 07-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #3  

thanks
i've been doing flex for about 4 weeks and i have noticed a little change but not as much as i had anticipated. I'm thinking of trying core for the next 2 weeks and seeing if that helps.

I have a hard time... finding the time to measure my good ect with 2 kids to look after and school.. and my house hold duties...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #4  

I chose Core because I love the idea of being able to eat when I'm truly hungry. On Flex, I was always hoarding my points and constantly worrying about food. Now, on Core, I know what I can eat and what I can't, and if I'm hungry, I pick up a piece of fruit or whatever and eat! It does take more planning and cooking than Flex, but I find it's worth it. I have 3 little girls at home, and they're eating more healthily too. They don't know the difference between brown and white rice, whole wheat and regular pasta. Fruit is one of their favorite snacks. I really think Core eating is the healthiest way to go.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. If you do choose to go Core, I'd suggest you give it at least a month. It takes a while for your body to adjust to all the whole foods, but when it does, it's wonderful. Give it your all - Core doesn't work very well halfway.

Angela
Old 07-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/174.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I chose flex, because I wanted to make sure I didn't give myself any reasons to cheat on my new way of life. Of course, they core plan is good too. I think it depends on if you have the time to keep track of points or not. For me, I make the time between my family and household duties. Good luck with whatever one you choose. You will lose weight because you believed enough in yourself to make a change.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I agree with Melissa and Angela - doing Core definitely gets rid of the 'food obsessions' and hoarding points for non-healthy items - using up all your points on non-foods then being 'stuck' for mealtimes - besides I was always hungry.

And no one could ever argue that core was not a healthy plan: fruits, vegetables, dairy, lean protein and whole grains - what could be better for you than that? Also the freedom of being to eat when you're hungry and not have to obsess over every piece of fruit or hardboiled egg sure helps.

Yes it takes more planning and cooking (you should see the envious looks I get at lunchtime when I reheat my dinner leftovers!) but it is well worth to have a more relaxed approach to eating and food!

Good luck!

Frouf
Old 07-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #7  

I think a lot depends on whether or not you want to eat nutritiously or be able to each junk. When I was on Flex, it was too easy to say yes to chips, etc. because I had the points. I hardly wanted to spend a point on milk or good fats. Once I realized healthy is better, I went to Core. I feel about 1000 times better, have more energy and know I can do this until I die. All cravings are gone and I'm able to walk past the bakery without thinking I need to eat something. RAH CORE!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #8  

Quilter.. i just noticed how much weight you've lost.. that is amazing!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #9  
Another Tammy

WOW! That IS awesome, Quilter! Did you lose that all on WW and Core? Regardless, that kind of loss would give everyone hope and optimism! Congratulations!
Closed Thread