Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile Bale of Turtles in a Rush!! #161

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 07-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We were getting long, so I have started a new thread. Please all check out our newest member, Bluestarr, and her post on thread #160. She can use our support and good advice and I know she'll be giving us some soon as well.

Mousie, it is wonderful that you have continued to lose weight even though you have been recuperating. Weigh to go! I am amazed at how much weight you have lost. You and Princess and Ariana and some of the others may have to start a sub-group called Fast Losing Turtles!!! LOL. You guys are great! I am also so happy that your blading partner has reconsidered and will take blading vacation with you.

Bluestarr,
So glad to have you on board. I think we're a great group and love to help each other out. What is most important thing I've learned? When I need help the most because I'm having a hard time, resist the urge to hide my head and work it out myself and come here and ask for help. Boy, that really works! Good luck to you. Disregard the idea of pigging out before you attend your WW's mtg. because you're going to see how you can plan and prepare and eat well and still lose weight. for signing up with a friend and taking care of yourself!

Chris, so glad to hear from you. Isn't it amazing how if we follow the WW's guidelines we can succeed? man, I'm not kidding. I am so thrilled that the scientists have put together a plan that will work when we work the plan.

Things going great here. Having both dds on program helped a lot this weekend. Also dh had nephews in last night for a movie night/pigoutfeast. Usually I'd be dipping into the snacks and goodies. Not last night!! I had a pointed out day (easier than Core for me right now) and went upstairs to watch a movie. Yay. I am so pleased!
Everybody have a great weekend and chime in when you can.
Again, when the thread gets long, I move onto the next thread so look for it around post #32 or so. And we have some real interesting stuff on the last thread, so peak to get caught up.
Love to everyone.
Judy
234.6/214/thinner into onederland
Old 07-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/218/150

Height: 5'6''

I love that...."bale of turtles", how cute! I hope everyone has had a really great weekend so far, and that Monday will be a kind start to the busy week ahead!

I am very proud of myself right now. I am not really a big fast food gal, but after church with my two year old son in the back in seat, saying he was hungry...and realizing I haven't done the grocery shopping this weekend yet, I decided to go to Wendy's. When I do get fast food, I usually get a cheeseburger and fries. Well, remembering a new Wendy's commercial, I ordered my son the kids turkey sandwhich and yougurt (which he loved!)...and I ordered for myself the baked pototo and chili. I used to order healthy, but I stopped a long time ago. (obviously, ha!) Well, I couldn't finish all the potato or chili, and I am still full! I have no desire to overeat...that's weird for me, because usually I want more food even if I just ate a good sized meal.

Anyways, I just wanted to share. I really hope ya'll have a good close to the weekend!

Sarah
Old 07-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #4  
Chick

Sarah, You're doing great already!
Judy
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #5  
Martha

S/C/G: 265/246/150

Hello to everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...I worked hard this weekend. We redid my grndtr's bedroom- paint, trim and border- I really feel some sore muscles today from climbing up and down that ladder.

I weighed this weekend and am now down to 242- for a loss of 23 pounds. I feel so good that I have been able to continue with losing even with the stress of dealing with my MIL-she is doing ok, still with periods of confusion (I do still have her car keys) but she is able to still live in her home and doing okay. We are taking turns checking on her and taking her to store, etc.

Mousie, so glad to see that you are doing much better- and that your friend will continue to blade with you.

Welcome Sarah! Yeah to you for making good food choices at Wendys. I was really amazed as to how many points I use to eat when I went to fast food (which was most every day)- I can easily see why I gained so much weight. I am glad you joined our group- everyone is really supportive and motivating.

Judy, glad all is going well with you. Points are easier for me than core. I have problems with portion control and if I ate core I think I would overeat- I keep myself balanced with measuring and tracking points.

Chris, keep up the good work.

I am going to try the 2 point sausage cupcake recipe that I found this morning... I love trying new recipes.

Have a great day! Hoorah to all of us- let us keep it up one pound at a time.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar071...5/150/242/.png

Martha
Old 07-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday All!

Well you all have been very busy turtles while I was away... I have to read all of the previous posts to catch up on what has been going on but can't do it right now... I came back to a desk that is piled high with stuff that needs my attention.

Good news for me.... I went to W/I and not only did I hit my 10% goal but I am officially in Onederland! So happy about that!

Enjoyed my time off from work but I took a nasty spill on my bike one day, more about that embarassing moment later on

I hope that all is well with everyone!
Susan/Princess
Old 07-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #7  

Susan! Horray for Onederland!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Congrats Susan on making it to onerland! Bravo!!

Welcom Bluestarr - nice to have more in our "bale" of turtles.

As for me, I was down 1# at w/i last week. So I'll take it & work on more this week.

Hi to everyone else & keep up the good work. Not too much new up here, just working, trailoring, and trying to get in some exercise.

Talk soon.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  

Whew -- I leave town for a few guys and you are suddenly a BURST of activity! I've got a lot of catching up to do!

I think Mousie's right, sometimes I do feel like the Insanely Busy Turtle.

First of all, WELCOME Chrily! This is an excellent group, and I joined myself a few months ago, in much the same way.

Mousie: I know what you mean. 10/12 sounds darn fine. I'm short, but I have big hips, (not just from weight -- I just have a curvy body, not a straight-up-and-down body), so 10/12 may be as small as I go. We'll see. I may not get as skinny as WW specifies -- 130 might be too skinny for me. I already look lighter than I am because I have more muscle. But that stinks, mousie. Mom had the same problems with other pain medications. At least you will be able to stop taking them soon, right? I am sorry that you are going stir crazy, but I hope you feel better soon! It is so AWESOME when people notice. Congrats! And re your husband's support of your desire to do your rollerblading trip -- how sweet!

Judy -- thank you. I'm glad it helped and that everyone wasn't rolling their eyes at my little motivational soapbox speech. We are always happy to support you!

Bandit -- it's good to keep going to meetings even if you're up. It's easier to deny when you don't go to meetings.

Chrily -- you may want to try Curves, if you haven't already. It's more of a go-at-your-own-pace kind of place, and incorporates both strength training and cardio. It's an excellent place to start, especially if you actively dislike working out. I know I did, and although I'm not crazy about it now, Curves helped me make exercise a happen, and got me into better shape so that I could go to Bally's after a year at Curves (I found Bally's to be more rigorous. Some people always stick with Curves, though.) Curves is non-intimidating and easy to do, and the people there are usually very helpful. Plus, the girl talk helps the time pass. Alternatively, since you like to walk, you might like walking by yourself at the gym or outside, with an audio book. I am an audio book addict -- they make workouts bearable (that, and wheel of fortune, if I happen to be there at the right time. I love word puzzles.) And you shouldn't feel guilty about taking time to exercise. Exercise now can elongate your life, giving you more time to spend with them...also, it gives you more energy for them now, and makes you less stressed and more receptive. Mousie, I know that the idea of losing weight and being noticed can be unnerving, but the truth is that it is also reassuring and exhilerating, and being comfortable in your own body is actually much more relaxing than being overweight. Really. I've lost 43 pounds, and yes, people notice me more, and I've been an introvert for a long time, but it's actually quite wonderful. I feel better about myself and the way I look.

Martha -- good to hear from you!

As for me, I skipped WI last week (it was the day after 4th of July, and, well, I did my best to be good but stuff happens, and on the Wendy plan you're not supposed to WI less than 2-3 days after a super-high-day, so I am putting it off for this week.) I am a little nervous about WI this week, but I did go to New York and Company Wednesday and found a ton of clothes in my new size (a 14! ) and several shirts that were actually medium, which is great -- I am so used to being an XL that it is something of a shock. It is so great to be fitting into 14's and M's after years of 20's and XL/XXL!

My little sister came to town this weekend, but I wasn't too bad. I managed to hurt myself over the fourth of July, so I couldn't work out for several days, and I only made it two days last week (another side effect of hurting myself), but I am back in the saddle again, starting today. What matters is that you get back right on that horse, right?

Oi -- I don't think I can catch up on everything today, Turtles. I may just have to jump back in with the recent posts, despite my best effort to read up on everything. Sorry about that. I haven't even welcomed our newcomer, bluestarr. That's it, I cry UNCLE -- I'm starting over with the most recent post tomorrow. Don't hold it against me if I missed something big, 'kay?

Lots of affection, Ari
Old 07-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

OKay..good behavior only last for so long with me. I cheated and now I'm paying for it. I've been munching, grazing, craving and chewing on it all and gained. TOM is coming so I think that has alot to do with it. Please help me get on track and stay there. I feel like I"m failing this somehow.

Chris
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Tuesday

Ari: Don't feel bad, I was away for a week and feel like I missed everything and still have not been able to get caught up.

Just a quick fly by here to see what is going on with everyone.

Bandit and Mousie: Many thanks! I really feel much better health wise... that 10% really makes a difference I think. Now for the rest of the weight that I want to lose

Chrily: Just climb back on that old wagon and get started again... remember how crappy it feels to have a gain at W/I and you may not be as ready to cheat or at least not cheat as often. Maybe find plan friendly things for that TOM, SF FF chocolate pudding is always a winner with me during that TOM.

Have to run!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

The pudding sounds like a good idea. I should probably sit down and make up an "EMERGENCY" snack list for that time or any other high stress time I have when I just feel like munching.

CHris
Old 07-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #13  

Thanks, Princess. I'm glad you are understanding.

Chrily - Princess is absolutely right. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the track. On this time, think about what made you get off track in the first place. Did you eat because you were really, really hungry? (And not just stressed out, sad or bored?) If it was genuine, strong hunger, don't beat yourself up about it, but plan to have healthier snacks around, and next time you think about eating junk, make yourself eat a piece of healthy food first, and then see if you are still desperately craving the junk once you have food in your stomach. Another trick I found to stave off the junk food munchies is to promise myself that, if I still REALLY want it, I can have it on my high point day (Saturday -- I do the Wendie plan). Usually, by that day, the cravings are gone, but if they're not -- I go ahead and have a measured portion of whatever I desperately wanted. Another suggestion would be to break your meals down into component parts, and space those throughout the day -- for example, I have cereal and milk at 8 am (at work), a serving of fruit at 10 am, Lunch at 12:30 (an entree and a veggie), a piece of fruit at 2:30/3 pm, a piece of raisin bread and yogurt butter at 4 pm (1 pt), and then dinner after I workout. Spacing your food out throughout the day makes it easier to not snack between meals, in my experience. And lastly, are you counting points? Just some thoughts. You can do it Crily!

As for me, ladies, the boss just dropped a bombshell on me this morning -- the project I'm working on has to be finished, FINISHED by late September. That sounds like a while away, but not with the kind of work I do. <groan> It looks like I'll be living up to my unofficial title of Insanely Busy Turtle, and soon.

On a happier note, I weighed myself last night (early, yes, I know, but the curiosity was killing me) and I haven't gained any weight, which is great news, considering that I was on vacation for 5 days and I managed to hurt myself in that time, so I couldn't exercise much. But I made it to the gym last night, and I'll go again tonight and tomorrow, and my weight is stable, so I'm back on track to start losing again. And I am getting complements left and right on my new, smaller clothes.

So, how are you ladies doing?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

I haven't been vigilant about tracking my points. I get so sidetracked and busy during the day. I know I have to log them when I use em, but I try to write them all down at the end of the day (BIG NO NO) and by then, I'm a goner.

I've been doing good today. I've been busy doing housework and laundry and working on our camp trailer. Busy enough to keep me out of the kitchen. I want to go for a walk but its 100 degrees outside. Not the best walking weather.

Chris
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #15  
Chick

Okay Turtles,
I know I have to take a deep breath and relax.
First of all Princess/Susan for making your 10% and reaching onederland. I am so happy for you.

Bandit, congrats on losing a pound at your WI. Keep up the good work.

Everybody--now that we've got such a great group going and contributing here, I know we all understand that we'll comment and respond as we can without any pressure.

I'm tackling my overeating by planning each day.
Hey Chris, here's an easy way to keep track of your points as you eat them.
Take pennies for the number of points you're allowed for the day. Put them in a bowl. As you eat anything, transfer the penny/point to an empty bowl next to the penny bowl. When the pennies are gone, so are your points. This is an easy way to keep track and I hope it helps you. I know we have all worked on points and forgotten to journal or keep track and then get disappointed when we don't get good results on the scale. I love your idea of having good snacks on a list and in the house for those times when you need them.
Judy
Closed Thread