Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Back in Kindergarten #14

WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #14 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......~

Come and join us, All are welcome!!

Last edited by jules1216; 07-10-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  
ugggg.....

I am not as smart as SuzyQ so you'll have to go back to read anything you missed in #13!!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Don't have much to say; I just happened to be up at 5 am. So here I am

Got on the scale and I am back to square one...but I am not surprised. I do feel a bit bloated from all the overindulgence yesterday, so I'll drink lots of water today and stick to the food plan (no chips, missy) I hope to get to my yoga class today...always feel good after that.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies...

Not feeling much like posting today but wanted to check in and say Hi

It is a rainy day and I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day. Was on the verge of going back to sleep when DD thought she needed to bug me, lol. She was bored so thought I should entertain her! Anyway...V and I did a 1.5 mile walk this morning before getting rained on. Glad it wasn't a down pour and we cut the walk short. Just barely made it home before it started.

{{{{{JULES}}}}}hope DH isn't being an @$$ today and you guys made up.

Well, off to get laundry done today and go back to bed and read the newspaper and then my book.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #5  

Happy Sunday

Don't think I'll be getting any exercise today, and Sunday means my brother comes over and a big dinner so food may not go well either...but I'll drink a lot of water.

Bad news is its TOM today...good news is that since I weighed yesterday, that extra pound may not have been "gained" so much as "retained" if you know what I mean
Old 07-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Hi all, moved gf's big pieces and some little stuff to DS's apt. She needs to go pack some more and is taking some stuff up to her grandmothers house to keep in an inside room. I told her I could help in the evenings.

Got home and yes DH and I made up. We can't seem to stay to mad at each other for too long.

Making chili and cornbread muffins for dinner!!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

I might be *smart* Jules but I am lazy. I ain't going back to read nothing!! haha - tell hubby he better be nice to you or there will be some very angry chickies on your front porch!!
No chips Katy?? I already had a handful of cheetos and a slurpee. I will be careful the rest of the day.
Sassy - mango is so good! You should try or kiwi.....yum.
Susan/NYC - how was the yard work yesterday? It is suppose to be hotter today.
Michelle - where are you??? Hope you are well and staying cool.
Bep- Itching still?? the old baking sode probably will work the best!
Shawna - when do you go back to work?
Kathy - how are you today?? Hugs to Cole!
Cristi - yes.....you are last missy!! lol - very impressed with your walking!! I meant to ask what book you were reading? Come back and post more!! I will have *Cristi withdrawels* if you don't! Hi to Vince!

Gaby and I had scrambled eggs forbreakfast and the handful of cheetos. ..put a load of laundry in and went to the dog park, bought a slurpee - things we do every day.....a book to read sounds good....any suggestions?? The wading pool sounds like the next thing on agenda,,,,,,

chat later - hope you all have a good day!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies!

Awwwwww But Suzy Q you missed my "Waltons Goodnight". lol.

I like Kiwi, I will try mango one day I'm sure. lol.

For me its off to work soon...............

I hope you all have a Great Sunday Evening!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Jules - just missed you! I am glad you and hubby made up Chili sounds good and I love hot cornbread with - ummm, butter......oink, oink....just piggy today too I guess....
This lady in the area is starting her daycare - charges 25 a day....I pay 15 right now. ,,,if I moved over there I would save on the commute and time in travel too. I don't want to pay $500 in daycare...*sigh*...

anway, just thinking out loud!!

TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN!!!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

I just missed you Sassy!!!

I did go back and read the Walton good night .....which leads to the question (hey in my mind!!! ) "which Walton boy would you have wanted a tumble in bed with??".....hands down,,,,John Boy!!

anyway....you need to try the mango Sassy!! Have a good day at work!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #11  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy

well i got to get out of the house for a couple days, we went to north carolina for the weekend to a church camp meeting that my in-laws do every year. the girls have all been going since they were babies. this is the first year i have been able to go in forever. back to work tomorrow....blah. hope everybody has had a great weekend, i will check back later.
shawna
Old 07-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Suzy Q! You always give me a good laugh!

Hmmmmmmm which Walton boy would I want to tumble with? Hmmmmm I would have to say Ben. You know those red heads are firecrackers!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #13  
RosieKate

Sassy and SuzyQ- all this Walton talk has me confoosed - my parents got rid of our tv when I was 7 and I lived tv free for most of the 70s - I missed the whole Walton's thing....Big gap in my cultural knowledge base...I don't know who any of the boys are, but, you know, I was so boy crazy growing up I suppose any one of them would do ( Does he have a pulse...hehe)

Shawna
- camp sounds so fun - too bad you gotta go back to work

Jules
- So glad you and the hubby made up Men - can't live with them, can't shoot 'em

Cristina - hope you had a nice relaxing day

Susan/NYC - hope you had fun with your brother...TOM WI's don't count....right? At least that's what I tell myself....

Ok - took a big step today...don't know if it will come to anything, but I'll tell you all about it and keep you posted. I signed up for a weight loss study that is being conducted via my health insurance company and the local health sciences university. They want to study the effects of how an Atkins style diet compares to a high carb-lowfat diet. I would be committing to a diet - they would choose which one and I would stick to it for three years under full medical supervision, weight loss counseling, and some group exercise. I filled out the questionnaire and realized pretty quickly that because I am a very healthy fat person that I would be a good candidate. I underwent the telephone screening and qualified for a full screening which will take a full day up at the university hospital. I go to an Orientation on August 16. In some ways I can't believe I did this...but I have been stuck for so long gaining and losing the same 10 pounds, and I need to lose about 50 when all is said and done. I felt, well, why not? Both diet approaches have their supporters and detractors and as long as I am medically supervised I would feel comfortable taking the plunge with either approach. So there it is.. I will keep you posted as it progesses... After the full screen I will either qualify or not then the program starts in November.

Nighty-night gals!

Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Hi Ya Katy! Oh that is okay. You know you can get caught up with the Waltons now, they are on Hallmark and I think even Tvland channels + on DVDS. lol.

Good Luck with your WL Study!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay....you gals can run, but you can't hide from super sleuth. I decided to pop over and say "hi" to those I know and "pleased to meet ya" to those I don't. Cristi, Susan, Katy...found ya, huh?

Hope to talk to all of you again soon!

Sue
Closed Thread