South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend on The Beach - July 8 & 9

Good morning! Good morning!

I'm up with the birds again and have already done the watering. (Remind me of the watering workload when I do planters and baskets next spring!) Very shortly I am going over to the Fairgrounds to lug hoses and water over there. What an exciting life, I lead! The rest of the morning will be spent sorting the schoolkids' artwork to get ready for the judging Tuesday morning. The little futzers have sent in over 1000 pieces of stuff to be sorted. Too darned enthusiastic!

This afternoon, I go on a garden tour which will not make me feel any better about my own gardens. I have done a lot in them this season, much better than last year, but am just glad I'm NOT on the tour this year. "And here is a fine example of the outstanding variety of weeds to be found in Eastern Ontario." Later today I'll pick up meat and make a batch of my dog food for The Girls. They are eating store-bought right now and are not happy.

I finally bought a cell-phone yesterday and need to do some techy reading so I can get using it. The DVD is still waiting to be connected too. I am feeling challenged!

What's happening on your patch of sand this weekend.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
I'm sittting here enjoying my coffee and waiting for Jake to get ready to go to some yard sales. I used to go yard sale-ing every Sat. morning, but haven't been for a while, so I'm looking forward to it. Monica and the girls were over last evening for a while, and are going to come out again today. Caitlyn was very excited telling us all about her trip, and she had tons of pictures that we didn't have time to go through them all. I was so glad to have her back home that I just couldn't stop hugging her! Monica brought some literature about the cottage we're renting in NY in August, too, and we're starting to plan our itinerary. That willl be a fun trip!
Jake is ready, so I'll be back later.
Ruth ~ You'll love your new cellphone. Sometimes I wonder why I waited so long to get one, I can't live without mine!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Ruth if you could bottle your energy and sell it you'd be a millionaire! Enjoy the cell phone but remember one of the best things about it is turning it off!
Convenient yes but sometimes Silence is amazing!
Cottage: I was up early lookign for things for me and DH to do Garage saling could definitely have promise
For the first time in Forever I have nothing housie to do this morning aside from maybe throwing in a colored wash
with my new closet system keepign our room clean is cake My Mom Visited yesterday coming with gifts of curtains and a new Carpet from my sister So I took the day off and was a cleaning fiend in the morning 8 am-12 PM Then realized they hadn't eaten ( i called my sis when they were in transit) threw together a crustless Quiche and made the kitchen spotless again
Martha I'm not but I felt pretty darn good!
Todays Agenda includes Haircut for DH (he needs a rebuzzing on his summer 'do) hopefully haircut for me (My Mom said Kier you're a beauty-faced girl but get a haircut!)
Maybe garage saling (tho we call it crap saling lol) the Meadowlands fair is going on right now so Perhaps thats an option
Ok I might catch a few more ZZzzzs
Have a great Beachy Day
Kierie
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Trying to type with one hand,hurt my other hand washing the bathroom floors.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend no matter what you're doing. Just try to keep beaching.

Hugs BB
Old 07-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Just a quick hi this morning! I'm off to walk the dog then make a late breakfast. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #6  

I'm so excited! We've been planning for the past 2 years to tile the backsplash in the kitchen, but have been putting it off because of the cost. WELL, we found the EXACT tiles we've been wanting at one of the yardsales today, there were several boxes of it, and Jake talked the guy into selling it to him for only $5!!!!!!!!! We saved a couple hundred $$!! All we have to do now is buy the trim, and we're ready to go. I can hardly wait to get it done, Jake laid out the pattern and it's going to be so nice! I also found some pretty curtains for the guestroom (brand new!), and bought some books and children's videos for only .50 each. I think we made out pretty darned good!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #7  

Popping in real quick.. I took a doozy of a fall last night down the deck stairs, and did something to my back.. Aspirin and the heating pad today..
Old 07-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning all....quick drive by, gotta go to work (I don't wanna!)
Schatzi - take care!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

Schatzi, I hope the heating pad and a little rest helps your back. That must have been pretty scary! Feel better soon!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #10  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

ouch Schatzi - hope you feel better soon

cottage - congrats on finding such a great deal! that always feels fabulous!

Soon - have a great weekend - don't work too hard

pear - what kind of dog?

beach - at least you cleaned your floors

KO - sounds like you were one busy girl!! it made me tired just reading about all your activities!

Ruth - you always sound so busy doing stuff you really like - good for you

I've had a decent couple of days...I got in some exercise this morning and then DH and i went to lunch at a person's house that I didn't know so i was worried about what was being served. I took along the black bean-jicama salad and it was AWESOME!! everyone loved it! I made it with additional bell peppers (yellow to go with the red) instead of celery and it was really good.

They served hamburgers so i just went bunless and didn't have fries or dessert and they had RED VELVET CAKE!!

My one downfall was buying kalamata olive spread at the store last night...it was just like one we had at a restaurant and it was OP so I bought it...I ate it for breakfast this morning with bell peppers...whoops...1/2 of the jar (i ate the first half of the jar last night)...oh well - i haven't been craving any sweets or carbs because of my overindulgence so i guess that's a victory right? plus i burned way over the 600 calories that were in the jar in my run this morning...i just need to stay 'clean' for the rest of the weekend before my weigh in on Monday Morning

have a great rest of the weekend
Old 07-09-2006, 06:25 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schatzi, I do hope "adult beverages" did not enter into your accident! Shall I pass the Tylenol 3? Seriously, I'm sorry you are hurt and hope you get better fast. Summer is no time to be under the weather.

Yesterday was a good day with lots happening except I did not pick up dog food. The garden tour was just lovely and inspired me to come home and tackle more weeds. I spent three hours weeding my veggies. I can't kneel so I sit or lie down. Talk about feeling grubby! My bath felt so good before dinner!

Church is on the schedule at 8:30 - it's Lucy's week to go, not that it does her any good! After that I will do some more work getting Fair stuff ready for judging. This afternoon Hershey and I will go visit Harry and pick up the dog meat on the way home! The Doggage are giving me disgusting looks when I fill their dishes with kibble!

What's happening with you today, Darling Beach Babes?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:35 AM   #12  

Morning Beachers!!!!

Quote:
I do hope "adult beverages" did not enter into your accident!
Adult Beverages I never heard that phrase.. But No, I let the girls out late at night and the light is out by the stairs, and I misjudged ...But today feeling better, thankyou!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #13  

Schatzi - I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now. Falls can be dangerous and we wouldn't want anything to happen to you!

Ruth - I hate weeding. I finally got a bunch of it done on the 4th and my garden looks so much better. It's hard to do it when it is so hot.

Lucky - I'll have to try that salad. I saw jicama at the Sprouts store yesterday and almost bought one. I've never had jicama before (as far as I know)

cottage - what a wonderful deal! Garage sales can be great.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Brian was finally no longer contagious so we got to the library yesterday and went out for DH's 50th birthday. We did BBQ for lunch and Italian for dinner. I ate fairly healthy although not totally OP and am only up .5 lb this morning so I am happy. It's time to head out to church. Have fun, ladies. Brian and I have been taking turns on the treadmill so at least I am getting some exercise.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #14  

Barb ~ I'm happy Brian is feeling better, Chicken Pox can make you feel pretty miserable, that's for sure.

Schatzi ~ I was quite concerned about you, so I'm glad that you're feeling much better today, too.

Ruth ~ Seeing other gardens always makes me want to do more in mine. I get a lot of great ideas that way. We stopped at a nursery this morning that was selling annuals at 75% off, so I got some flowers to fill in some bare areas in my planters.

The kids and grandkids were here all day yesterday, and we had a nice day swimming and having a cookout. My son, DIL and Amber are probably coming again this afternoon to swim, so I need to figure out what to make for supper. Maybe just throw some chicken and veggies on the grill and make it simple. Bye for now!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I am a Crispy Critter this evening. DH and I went to a Ham Fest (Ham Radio) and a Powow today then to a waterfall then to an early dinner
I have the worst tanlines! err burn lines I'm irish and I have a pretty and indeed sleeveless dress to wear next week gotta run!
Kier
Closed Thread