Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Default Just trying to eat healthy

Well, I think, I have tried just about everything, I am tired of calories,points, weighing everything that goes in my mouth. And I know enough to know what I am putting on my plate. I know that my chicken should be as big as the palm of my hand and my apple should fit in my hand. Sooo I thought I would just wing it for a while and see what happens. Just wondering if there was anyone out there that felt the same.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi there and welcome. I wonder where Glory is ... hmmm ... she has a list of super foods that you might enjoy. I also like the food lists from Body for Life.
Simple, easy to prepare, delicious and good for you!
You're off to a good start I think.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

There are lots of people that feel this way, Mary. Some plans that don't calorie count or weigh things have names like Sonoma or Mediterranean (the one I follow), and some are just custom made plans or "winging" it like you say.

Wishing you lots of success and fun on your journey.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

Mary, I started a thread in Support to see who doesn't "count".

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...89#post1326589
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryL
Well, I think, I have tried just about everything, I am tired of calories,points, weighing everything that goes in my mouth. And I know enough to know what I am putting on my plate. I know that my chicken should be as big as the palm of my hand and my apple should fit in my hand. Sooo I thought I would just wing it for a while and see what happens. Just wondering if there was anyone out there that felt the same.
I do it that way, Mary!! I want a change I can live with, and sitting around counting up calories and writing down everything I eat is not it. I eat lots of fruits and veggies... except I don't worry about how big the apple is -- smaller amounts of protein. I even eat peanut butter, granola, etc. -- just in very limited amounts... and I've lost 50 pounds since February. I also exercise a lot. There is no way on earth I could live with weighing everything, counting it, etc. It works for me!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Me too!!! I am just cutting back on portions and amounts I put in my mouth, the trouble is... I LIVE to eat!!!! I don't eat to live, and I am trying so hard to undo that thought process, and just eat when I am hungry, and less of it! I am also trying to exercise more, a lot more, the pounds don't seem to come off without any exercise! Keep on keeping on!!!! Good luck!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #7  

Default me too

I know just how you feel, but everytime I do that I end up gaining!! I wish you the best. I need structure !!
babyfat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #8  

Jayde, I just read your thread. Gosh I didn't know there were so many of us. That didn't count.your idea on counting exercise minutes is good, I will try that. Haven't been doing the gym thing lately. Have got the in- laws over from the islands and been running here and there. (Alas! in the van, not footsmoible, no calories burnt there) I will go to gym today, Thankyou, you have just helped me prise myself off my b-- and out of this chair. Will post weight and excerise later, when I find out how to do those execise ticker things.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #9  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryL
Jayde, I just read your thread. Gosh I didn't know there were so many of us. That didn't count.your idea on counting exercise minutes is good, I will try that. Haven't been doing the gym thing lately. Have got the in- laws over from the islands and been running here and there. (Alas! in the van, not footsmoible, no calories burnt there) I will go to gym today, Thankyou, you have just helped me prise myself off my b-- and out of this chair. Will post weight and excerise later, when I find out how to do those execise ticker things.
yup... there are a lot of us ... Glad I could help to pry your behind out of the chair and towards the gym. Hope everything is going well for you.. Take it easy at first... long term is what we are looking for. Not a sprint.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #10  

LOL Jayde Don't think I have a sprint left in me. Have not been very consistan lately with anything!!!. Everything has got a bit busy with family, weight is not going anywhere (but not up) How is on your side of the world? they tell me most of you are in a heat wave, the world is a funny place. I'm over here at -2 this morning. Just got the hang of these points and exercise worked out for every hour of cardio I am using 3.5 points. SOOO in saying that, I had better get to the gym DD is waiting for me. Better go before she sit down, looking forward to a hot spa. See you be good, (or at least as good as you can) would you belive i have chilli sauce on my puter keys darn kids