Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #1  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Default 160's

I haven't been in the 160's for a very long time. Maybe 2 years? wow. Here I am, finally. It's nice to see this ticker inching toward that goal! I've been running every day I'm able (they gym had wacky unposted hours during the holiday week so I showed up after closing almost every time!) Even with the incontinuity I feel good about the effort. I've started Tivo'ing some shows from FitTV to do on days that I can't hit the treadmill. There is one that is all ballet/modern dance derived movements that incorperate some Pilates, I LOVE that one.
The one sad part about this is that my three year old son Dade asked me to read him a bedtime story and I told him I was sorry but couldn't. He said "Yeah, because you go to the gym today." He sounded so sad! I'm going to have to make sure I give him some special time with me during the day to replace the bedtime ritual he's missing.
I had a friend (who wasn't aware I had started this journey) ask me if I had lost weight recently. That felt good! No one has asked me that in awhile.

Just sharing my happy happies! Hope you all had a great holiday. I stayed good and had my favorite chicken on a salad instead of a bun. I think I liked that even better!
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #2  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good for you i cant wait to be in the 160's and yeah same thing with my kids they give me a hard time every once in a while about never being home i used to go to the gym right after work so i was gettin home late
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5"5

You are doing great. I bet it is hard taking that time. But wen you reach goal you can give him some more time. My girls are old enough to tell me to go on a bike ride with them. I can make ten do the ball exercises with me. Nice to have support. It also teaches them good habbits and how to take care of your body.

I can't gt to a gum. So my time is taken from the house while still in it.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's great.... move, ticker, move LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #5  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

That is great!
Congrats!!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on hitting the 160's. WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #7  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Congratulations! You soon won't be able to use your signature...with the reference to Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls"! (One of my favorites! ) Keep up the great work! You'll have to start a new routine with your little guy! He just misses that story time..... but don't they know how to make a Mommy feel so badly?!!? Hang in there!

Take care!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

WTG!! Keep up the great work and I agree it is fun to see that ticker movin' along. Maybe your son would be happy with a story during the daytime since you can't read it to him at bedtime. Kids sure know how to make us Mom's feel bad, but taking care of ourselves makes us better Mom's!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congrats! I know that it feels good.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #10  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatterasMermaid
You soon won't be able to use your signature...with the reference to Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls"! (One of my favorites! ) Keep up the great work!
Thanks! LOL, I'll always be able to use that signature. Even in HS while I was dancing 5 hours a day and I was oh, 135 ish? I had a bubble butt. Junk in the trunk no matter what! I like my curves (as does hubby! heh heh) but a little shrinkage is A-OK with me.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Housewife, I'm with you on getting to the 160's! Finally! In the last few days I've bobbled between 172 and 168, but for 2 days in a row my low has steadily been 168, so I'm finally claiming it! It feels GREAT, doesn't it??

Your son may need a little extra mommy time shuffled into the day. I felt bad when I first started this because I would take off on my bike after my hubby got home from work, or right after dinner, but I noticed that since I started feeling better I was actually spending more time with my kids, even if it was just joking and talking because I was pulling myself out of years long depression and metabolism death.

Hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

This is a great success for you!! I also can't wait to see those 160's. I can't believe I detested them so much on the scale....not I long for them!! Funny how this weight thing works.

I also like your goal of 3 miles in 30 minutes. That's a great goal!! Keep it up, you've got a great thing going.
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

Congrats! I am so anxious to get to the 160s myself -- it's been about 2 years for me, too. Keep going, you're awesome!
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote