Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for JULY!!!

Welcome to everyone!! We have a weigh-in thread and this thread where we solve all of the problems in the world. Come and join us!!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #2  

Well, I guess since I started the thread, I should chat, right? Hectic day here. Waiting for phone calls from a place that carries our home warranty. We had to get a new water heater about the time school was out. They are now telling us that our name isn't on the contract, and also they say that we should have had 2 estimates. Ummm, a little bit late? The policy was transferred to us when we bought the house, and the manager of the warranty place told us in May that she would put our names on the policy. Frustration!! Needless to say, when the policy comes up for renewal at the end of July, we will not be renewing. It costs as much as the new water heater cost us since they wouldn't pay for it.

People came to trim the bushes today, so it doesn't look so much like a jungle anymore. The dead tree is gone. Didn't like it anyway when it did look alive. lol

Talked to the nurse at my family doctor today. We discussed going off of one of the meds and see how I do over the rest of the summer. She talked to the doctor, and I'm going to start weaning off of it tomorrow. I need to stop by his office and pick up some samples of the lower dose of the med so I can do it properly. Hope I can handle it.

I hope I'm not the only one that will be chatting on this thread. (HINT!!!!)
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy, thank you for starting us off this month.
You had a very busy day! I hope getting off that medicine doesn't cause you a problem.
I need to call "the number" and see if my doctor has put out the results of my blood tests. Instead of sending out letters, which may or may not get to you, he puts it on a voice mail thingy. It sounds neat. It's been a week since the tests so I hope to hear something. I'm afraid my cholestoral level will be WAY up as a result of 2 birthday cakes.

Hey, I did good today. I walked on my treadmill for 40 whole minutes. Yea, I can't believe it either. Larry made me a CD of some of my favorite music. I listened to that and the time just went by so fast. Before I knew it, I was sweating and thinking I couldn't go any further.

I hope everyone is doing great and staying OP.
Let's hear from everyone!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #4  
Susan

Thanks for starting us off!!!

Well, I went to the ENT today. Guess what he wants to do........ sinus surgery. He said that "my septum is very messed up the further back it goes. From the front it looks ok." So they will call me next week to schedule it. This way it will be done before I go back to school. He said it will help with sinus infections, etc....Amy had the same surgery about a year or two ago and has done great.

Tammy, your day stunk!!! I would be mad too.

Tina, has David heard anything yet?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #5  

Tina, let us know about the test results. My appointment with my doctor isn't until Aug. 7, so I have until then to get all of my numbers down where they should be. (or closer) You did great on the treadmill!!! Kramer and I have been taking walks every evening. Today we went to the mailbox to get the mail, and he wouldn't come back to the house! He positioned himself so he could hold himself back on the leash. I promised him a cookie so he ended up coming into the house with me. lol

Susan, I know of several people who have had that surgery, and they all wish they would have done it years before. That will be good to get it out of the way before school starts.

I was wondering about David also.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/171/160

Ok! Thursday is nearly over, but I made it. I hope all of you are well and continue to be well. My day was uneventful at best. I dropped my DD at the camp bus and took my DS to work with me. Later on, he went to a Mets game with my girlfriend and our coworker. We just hung around doing Mommy & me stuff. Alright...its getting late and I have to get up for work tomorrow...everyone take care...

Christine
Old 07-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Lulu----it sounds like you had a busy day. How is your weather?
Susan, that surgery sounds yucky. But, if it helps, that's okay. How about we all come sit in the waiting room!
Tammy, David is still waiting for them to finish the criminal background check.
Okay, where is everyone???!!!!! I want to hear from you. Don't just sit there reading---you've got to post.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #8  
Susan

Morning,

Nothing exciting is going on here. Actually, I'm trying to get up the energy to get up and exercise. I've done some chores and thought I would lay down again and check my email. Lazy .... Huh? I know!!!

Tina, we will be more than happy to tell them that David is cleared and should be hired! Oh thanks for coming to the waiting room, maybe ya'll could come in the operatoring room and supervise. I would know I was in good hands. Actually, I'm excited about the possibilites of breathing normal.

Tammy, Kramer is a sneaky one!!!! I would come for a cookie too!

Christine, it sounds lke you had a busy day but a fun one!

Amy, where are you Honey??? (actually, I don't know how she gets everything done she does)

Karla, what's going on with you? Did you have a good birthday?

Jennifer, where are you? We miss you!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #9  

Christine, my son leaves Sunday morning for Boy Scout camp. He is very excited because this year he is going as an adult leader instead of a scout. He turned 18 in March, and he has his Eagle badge, so I guess he's an adult now. He's still my little boy. How old are your children? If that's them in the picture, cute kids!! If it isn't, still cute kids. lol

Tina, how long will it be for the background check? Call them and tell them that I think David is ok. My word should mean something, right??? Sitting in the waiting room while Susan has her surgery is ok with me. We can sit and make fun of her and she will never know!!! What fun!!!

Susan, I think breathing normal will be a good thing. I enjoy it most of the time. Kramer is a hoot! When we went for our real walk, he pulled me to the other side of the sidewalk away from the mailbox. He wasn't taking any chances that we were only going that far.

Went to Farm Power of the Past with my friend Melissa tonight. It's a special thing they have every year at the fairgrounds with lots of old farm machinery, tractors, etc. Her dad is the secretary of the association. We went for the flea market!! I bought a basket to use for books and magazines beside my recliner. I also bought 3 homemade suckers. (watermelon, cinnamon, peach schapps) I saw some other things that I liked, but I'd rather Bob be with me because they would be things that I'd want to put in the yard.

Have a good weekend everyone!! OH!! I almost forgot. I stopped at the doctor's office to pick up some of the lower dose medicine that he's putting me on for the next 2 weeks to wean me off of it. They checked my BP. It was 125/82. The nurse looked at the past several times that it has been checked. Every time it was in the 140+/90+. Think being out of school and knowing that idiot principal is gone have anything to do with it being lower?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Where is everone????
Our group seems to be taking a holiday from the computer.

Tammy, did Tim get off to Scout camp? I'll bet it will be lots more fun this year, being a grown up. Did those people like your old house? have you had much interest?

How is everyone???????
Larry and David have been working with his computer all afternoon and now the evening. They've taken it to Comp USA three times. Hopefully it's fixed now. They came back over here for supper.
Not tomorrow but the next Monday, I have one of those flexible sigmoidoscopies. Thrill! I've put it off as long as possible. However, it's better to check and be sure you're cancer-free. Next Sunday I have to have broth and Jello and clear sodas. Yuck.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #11  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Sorry about not getting on line this weekend. Pat was working from home so that limits my computer use.

Today, is Seamus' 2 year birthday. I am already all weepy. Pat hugged me this morning and wondered what I had planned. I think he just wants me to stay busy. It's hard to beleive that 2 years ago I was blessed with my Angel Baby. He was here for a short time but sure has made an impact on everything I do. Of course I'll be going out to the cemetery to for a birthday visit. Tears just won't stop this morning. I know they will once I get busy at least I hope they will.

Tammy, it sounds like you had fun with your friend. I know Time will have a blast at camp, I can see him being a Scout Master in the future.

Tina, computer problems are so frustrating!!!!!! Pat works on all of ours but it seems like they take ALL day!!!

Thanks for always being there for me!!!!!! I love you guys!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  

The guys left for camp yesterday morning. Tim called a while ago and wanted me to get on the computer and check the weather where he is. They are expecting severe thunderstorms later today, hail, 60 mph winds. Doesn't sound good if they are in tents. They are about 3 1/2 hours east of here.

So far, everyone who has gone through the house likes it. Some of them mention the fact that it only has one bathroom. There were 5 of us living in that house when I was a kid and we survived with one bathroom. None of them have made us an offer yet. My friend and I bought St. Joseph statues today. We both have homes for sale, and we are getting together later this week to bury them. Hoping that will get them sold.

Tina, your Sunday meals sound yummy!! (not)

Susan, I agree about staying busy, but I know that Seamus will be in your thoughts the entire day. Hugs!!

We bought a new printer. It prints some things. I tried to print out Tim's schedule that I had done on a spreadsheet, and a sign comes up that there isn't enough memory to print it. Now is it talking about MY memory or the computer's memory??

I need a nap.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Well hello everybody and happy July!

This is the 1st time I was able to come into the website and post! It’s been a little crazy around here. I was on vacation last week. My aunt and my brother are visiting. We went to Niagara Falls for 3 days and then went to NJ/NYC for another 3 days. It was fun, but now I need a vacation from my vacation! LOL.

Thank you all for the b-day wishes. I had a great b-day and a great vacation. I had a little picnic for my b-day at the park, it was a lot of fun. Was in Niagara Falls for the 4th (Canadian side) and saw the fireworks from there, I love watching fireworks. Also spent time with my family in NJ and went to NYC, central park and walked around the city a little, it was nice.

The rain is still hanging around here and there, but we’ve had more sun. I was lucky during my vacation it was nice an sunny pretty much all the time, so that was great. DH says he’s taking me shopping for my b-day present but we haven’t decided when yet! And he also gave me a gift cert to the bookstore, which I LOVE!

I pretty much blew my plan last week. Before I went on vacation I had lost 3.5 lbs and I put them back on during last week. I’m back OP now and doing ok so far, I didn’t change my ticker b/c I pretty much stayed the same…lol.

Tammy, WHAT?! You were at Disney and didn’t see Mickey?! Oh dear heavens! You need to go back woman, I’ll go with you! LOL.
I enjoyed the DaVinci Code too, and like you, I knew it was fiction so I didn’t get too worked up about it. I’m thinking about going to watch the movie, but maybe I’ll just wait for the video to come out.

Have you started taking the lower dosage medication? Hope you do ok on those. I’ve never been a fan of medication, but sometimes it’s really necessary.

Susan, did you enjoy your time with your parents? That must have been nice to see them. And you had your dad ALL to yourself (sssshhh, don’t tell AMY… LOL). I’m daddy’s little girl too, so I know how that goes. That’s too bad about your brother’s wife, it makes things difficult for everyone.

How are feeling today? I know it was Seamus’ b-day yesterday. Hope you’re ok.

Tina, any news about David’s job? It sounds like an interesting position, and the title is definitely fancy!

I gotta say, I’ve never had homemade ice cream, I’ve bought the ones at the store that say “like homemade”…lol, but I’m sure it’s not the same. I wanted to get an IC maker, but decided against it, I just buy light ice cream at the store when I get a craving. I like Healthy Choice and Eddy’s.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

It's sunny and very hot today. We're expecting a heat index of 105!
Susan, I know it's hot up your way. Did you make it yesterday?

Karla, it's good to hear from you girl. I'm glad you had such a great holiday. It sounds like you didn't do much damage at all to your weight. That's great!

David---Today he got word that he passed the criminal background check, like we were afraid he wouldn't.
Within the next week, they will set up an interview with him. This is so exciting!!!!!

We've got a lot of "wayward" members out there who need to post. hint, hint, hint.......

I was OP yesterday and so far today. Yahoo!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #15  

Karla, my youngest brother and his family were just at Niagra Falls, and my other brother and his family were just in New York! I'm sure that you probably all saw each other.

Isn't it awful not to see Mickey at Disney??? I've seen him every time I've been there except this time. That just means that I have to go back and all of you can come too!! I'll probably wait to see the DaVinci Code on video too.

I started the lower dosage of the medicine on Saturday. So far, so good. I do have a headache tonight, but I think it's from the weather that is so up and down. I'll be completely off of that medicine starting July 23. It's a medicine for depression (cymbalta). I had been on Prozac before that, and the rheumatologist recommended this one because it is also for pain. Well, since I've been on the cymbalta, I have dizzy spells quite often. I don't like that so I told my family doctor that I wanted off of it. He agreed to wean me off of it. If and when I go back on something, it will be Prozac. I went on it after my parents passed away so close to each other. Just wasn't handling things very well.

WOO HOO to David not being a criminal!!!! Tell him congratulations, and that we think he should have a party and invite all of us.

Bob surprised me today. He told me to get online and make reservations in Michigan for a few days at the end of the month. He said before Tim leaves for school, he thought we should drive up to our favorite spot. We have reservations!!
Closed Thread