South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #1  

Default Adult Swim Thursday on the Beach

tippytippy toe...shhhhh....coming in under the radar... to crank us up fer the day... BUT--THAT AIN'T The SCHATZI way is it girlies!
CACKLE DEE DOODLE DOOOOOOO

KO- Hope yer feelin better dahlink!!!

Kiko- Yeah, we might haveta throw a BBQ to show'em how it's done round these parts... we'll have to give something fer the police here to do...

Soon- You enjoy yer well deserved 3 day furlough from the Navy!

Rockjr!
PearsydewThat's the SPIRIT!!!!!!

Ok, gotta get the cawfee started!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pass the pot, Schatzi. I woke before four and finally decided to get up. It's first light here and the east is dark with clouds. I am actually hoping it rains as I did a lot of gardening yesterday but did not have time to water.

I just checked the last time I was in here yesterday and realized I didn't read all of yesterday's daily. Back in a bit.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's amazing what a coffee will do! The sunrise was gorgeous and burned away the clouds. The Girls and I had a strawberry shake on the deck and planned our day. They don't know it yet but they are going to doggie daycare while I go to a painting day in a lovely English garden. I've never painted outside (except the barn!) so it should be interesting. I am trying to strip down my kit to bare essentials as there will be a lot of lugging. Later today I hope to finish mulching the parts of the front bed that are renovated. The rest of the week and weekend will focus on the veggie garden where the weeds are fighting the veggies and winning!

Whatchadoin today?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I couldn't get in here yesterday, we had overnighters who were using the room my computer is in. Today things are back to normal, and I have tons of sheets and towels to launder, so the washer is chugging away right now. Later I'll be busy ferrying the girls around to their different activities, and if the sun dries the ground enough there will be a Polo game tonight, so it will be a long day. Thank goodness there are still plenty of leftovers for supper, so that will be easy enough!

Schatzi ~ Make my coffee strong, I need it this morning!

Ruth ~ Your day sounds much better than mine, wanna trade?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

work, work, work - that's what I'm doing today...but I don't work Fridays so I am thankful this is the last day this week for me

Today is my last day of Phase I (first week)...let's just say I've stuck to the program but I've been a little disappointed with my weightloss thus far...but I made a committment to myself to give it a go for July and I intend to do that
Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just got finished with biking away in the computer room for 35 m,and later it will be dancingfor additional 20m. Can't go out as its down poring here. Woke me & DH early this AM.I was up before Schatzi's cockle cockle doooooooooooos!!

We're going to go to Best Buys to buy some batteries for our camera,but thats going to be put on hold,until the weather clears up.They're talking about floods,TG luckily : we're on higher grounds.

Schatzi & Ruth-Enjoy your coffeewe're tea tottlers,only drink the stuff on Sunday Morning at brunch.

Cottage-We have the computer in our guest room also.We had to buy roll away table to put our computer on in order to have room when we pull out the sofa bed.

Keep beaching Hugs BB
Old 07-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Mornin girlies!!
Hope everyone had a good 4th, been really busy so haven't checked in.

Ok I tried cottage cheese with splenda for breakfast this morning and it wasn't my thing, maybe I put too much splenda in it, a little more than a tsp, it sorta tasted like cheese cake(which I love) but a bit bitter, what do ya think?

Tonight is the taco bake for dinner, DH is actually excited about trying it. He is trying to be supportive, well except for last night he had to go by Papa John's and get 2 large pizzas for dinner, OMG that was so hard to eat my grilled chicken salad with that smell, But I ate it and I liked it. 3 more days till PH2, I am trying to think of what I am going to inroduce first.

I did not get to do my usual walking last night, had to go to mall (does that count) it wasn't my usual power walk though. And I didn't walk Tuesday because we went to a Celebrate America Festival and I know I walked at least 2 miles, taking the kids to all of the vendors and to the bathroom 5 times. so tonight it is back on track for me.

well guess I need to get back to work every one have a great day!! I'll ck in later.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Hey girls ,

all is well here, I am going to skip to Maintenance part of the SB lifestyle, for a bit, till funding impoves, As long as I stay the same I am good to go, I have lost 80 lbs and even if that is it for a year then yippy for me, this is a life long journey, but for now I have to Maintane..Take Care Everyone.!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' Ya'll

So, glad to see everybody this morning, looks like ya'll have your days planned out, I'm stuck at work today. There are sooo many other things I would love to be doing, wouldn't we all!!!

The last few months have been very hectic and for the most part I stuck to the plan, the only weight I gained was when we went on vacation and I've already taken that off!!

I'm hoping to be at my goal by Christmas, that gives me 5 months to do it, I don't know maybe I'll push it til spring,

I've gone back through the recipes and found some that I must have missed before, because now I'm stuck on the mocha frappucino thing, OMG it is the best!!! If you haven't tried, do...you wont' be sorry--YUM

My mother made this wonderful blueberry cheesecake for the 4th cookout we had, I'll see if I can get the recipe from her to post. It's made w/ lf cream cheese mixed w/ ff cool whip and topped w/ blueberries.

Things are going pretty good here, I went back to school last semester and so now I'm working full time and going to school full time in the evenings. Pretty busy, keeps me occupied though...And the best news is I got my son going to school as well, he's 19 and didn't go back to school after he graduated..but now he is and I'm soooo happy.

Everybody have a great day, take care
Old 07-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #10  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Well, I bought a new scale the other day weighed myself yesterday and this morning. Supposedly I've lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday. That makes me happy! I'm not going to record it though until Monday. I'm making monday my weigh in days since it will help me be good over the weekends. We'll see how that works.

I made homemade pasta sauce the other day. It was so easy and tasted better than most of that jar stuff. I've never tried it before and I think I'll just use homemade stuff from now on. Much better and so easy to make. I'm going to have it for dinner tonight. Not sure on what though. Maybe chicken parm or baked spaghetti. Any suggestions?

Schatzi:
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning all....yesterday I cleaned my nasty bathroom, today it's the bedroom closet! Scary!
DF & I visited his grandparents last night..lots of fun. His grandpa kept calling me Reese (he thinks I look like Reese Witherspoon!) We were over there until 10:30!
Sister called last night & wants me to call another bridesmaid, because originally I was doing all the food for the shower (which I don't mind - I'm a mild Martha Stewart) now she wants this Jenni gal to do the sandwiches & veggie tray. Grr I had this beautiful chicken salad planned, with grapes and cashews, ugh - she better not mess my displays up. I know I'm anal, I shouldn't care, it's not my shower, but I like things to look a certain way. Df told me to "let it go"
I'm off to tackle the closet - ugh!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #12  

Hey everyone....I haven't dropped by for a long while, it seems! I haven't been very good lately, though, so that explains why! No excuses for past behavior, though, just hope for a more successful future.

I'm hoping to get back on track for Monday with Phase 1 again (it's my birthday this weekend and I won't pretend that I plan to stick some candles in a cup of plain yogurt and Splenda).

It's nice to see new people getting involved with the daily thread, as well as the regulars.

pearshape -- do you like spaghetti squash? It's a great substitute for the real stuff, especially with a great tasting sauce!

soon -- your chicken salad sounds yummy ... maybe the bridesmaid will be amenable to the original plan and enjoy just helping out a bit?

beach bum -- you'd think the heavens above New England just didn't have any more rain left, huh?

Ruth, cottage, Schatzi -- hope you're enjoying your days!

MsCrockett -- you've done a great job, you do whatever suits your situation and be proud of yourself!

GAGIRL -- I always count mall walking as unofficial exercise, especially if I'm carrying loads of bags!

Tammy and Lucky -- welcome and good luck!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #13  

Soon I say if you are planning the shower, then do it however you want! Save some chicken salad for me.

Crock I so understand the finance situation. You have done so wonderfully with this WOE- you will be fine! You have said before that it isn't all about the weight, but also the lifestyle change. You have proven to yourself that you can do that!

Ruth and Schatzers What would we do without our coffee?? I sure don't want to find out!!

Pearsy Welcome back!!

Cottage I hope your day wasn't too hectic.

Barb Don't know if you'll get to check in here today, but it is in the upper 70's here in NY!! I will enjoy the "sweatless" weather for both of us. Hope that Brian is doing okay!

A quick check in- we are here! My girlfriend's DH picked us up from the airport and dropped us at their house while he goes to get the kiddos from daycare. My DH promptly fell asleep on their couch as he is worn out from 10 days straight of 12 + hours of work in addition to getting up this morning at 3:00 to get the girls dropped off and get to the airport. Thank heavens for my wonderful parents! Some eating and planning is not in my control this weekend, but I plan to be careful and I know we will get plenty of exercise. We aren't staying in the city, but will spend the day there on Saturday. Tomorrow night is the wedding that we are going to, should be fun to get dressed up and do something fun with my honey!

Take care friends!! (BTW- today's WI puts me in the normal BMI range!!!!!)
Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #14  

Kiko - Congrats on a normal BMI! I was there last fall and then let my weight creep back up. I'll get back there again. The weather sounds wonderful. I am so glad you had a safe trip.

I was woken up by a phone call from work this morning for a problem in a different country that I don't support. I was able to help them find the problem eventually but it was 11 AM before I could finally take a break and get a shower and WAY late when I got breakfast. It's been a busy but productive day.

Brian is having fun building a model of the Space Shuttle. He had a good time watching the liftoff and since he is stuck home with the chickenpox, he might as well build. We got him a really cool model rocket kit for his birthday next weekend. I think he will enjoy it. I AM going to get some exercise today somehow even if it is just on the treadmill. I've got sloppy joes simmering in the oven so I just need to fix a salad (and some extra veggies for me).
Closed Thread