Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default OMG are you kidding me???!! Burger King and it's new hugantic burger!

My husband just brought home a sandwich that consists of the following: Bun, FOUR beef patties, FOUR slices of cheese, EIGHT strips of bacon and Some fatty looking sauce. Not only is it gigantic and greasy they totally cut out the veggies and don't even offer them unless you ask.

And this is a MENU ITEM (BK Stacker), he didn't just make it up?! I thought fast food was shifting the OTHER direction?! I think i'm going to be sick... wowza.

Ok, just looked up the nutrition information on this monster. 1000 calories, 68 grams of fat 30 of them saturated, 1800 mg of sodium

I think I need to go lay down... not to mention the large order of fries and HUGE coke he's drinking.... I'm going to gain 80 lbs just looking at that meal!! it's insane. Ick.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #2  
it's always something

This seems to be a horrible trend! I thought that once McDonalds did away with the "super size" that the fast food industry might start to lean towards the right track. And to a point, they have tried to make some changes. But whatever good they've done, they have wiped out with the latest offerings. It's like they can't wait to outdo themselves. It's not uncommon to find breakfast items that contain 750 to 1000 cal, and 50 to 75 g fat.

It's pretty disgusting.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

This is insane. If he ate all that I bet he took a nap right afterwards... didn't he?
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
This is insane. If he ate all that I bet he took a nap right afterwards... didn't he?
LOL just about! He layed on the couch groaning for 2 hours... he won't be doing that again!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #5  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock
My husband just brought home a sandwich that consists of the following: Bun, FOUR beef patties, FOUR slices of cheese, EIGHT strips of bacon and Some fatty looking sauce. Not only is it gigantic and greasy they totally cut out the veggies and don't even offer them unless you ask.
That's just disgusting. In all aspects.

Everyone in the free world knows we've got an obesity problem and restaurants are talking of reducing portions and providing nutrition info and cutting back on super-sized items, and Burger King goes and makes crap like THIS???

It makes me want to smack somebody.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well this won't be a popular opinion but I think the restaurants are rebelling against stupid lawsuits, etc. and I can't blame them. While I think anyone is absolutely STUPID to eat this garbage, it should not be illegal for restaurants to sell what people will buy. If we keep on and on eroding our freedoms to "Big Brother" soon there will be none left. We don't need government to be our babysitters because people refuse to take personal responsibility.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #7  

The six dollar guacamole bacon burger: 1,100 calories and 81 grams of fat. And I've watched my MOTHER, my fifty-six-year-old mother, consume it quikly and wash it down with a huge coke and have some fried zuchinni dipped in ranch on the side. I opted for the charbroiled BBQ chicken sandwhich (370 cals, 4 grams fat) and had a three peices of fried zuchinni.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #8  

Fast food is getting bigger and greasier day by day! (see the size of a large burger in Mcdonalds 10 years back and see it now)

The size of kids and people is also increasing. Its not a joke but my professor who does reserarch in obesity showed his Size L POLO tshirt 20 years back and same size L polo tshirt bought a year ago. the size L now is nearly 1.5 times bigger than size L 20 years back (same brand).

Anyone wants to start a low cal food chain in partnership? hehehe!
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I would have totally eaten that . . . then. I used to go to Wendy's at least once a week and get the triple cheeseburger combo!!! I'd get disgusted looking at it, but I thought it was SO good. I don't even care for cheeseburgers now. I'd rather have a salad.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #10  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

with all due respect, there is obviously a market for a burger like that, along with the supersize phenomenon. i mean, he bought it didn't he?

until people are educated enough to understand that things like that will kill you - it will still exist.

sadly

i would have eaten it once too. the same girl who would get a quarter pounder, a cheese burger (to tide me over) and fries in one sitting. grosses me out when i think about it.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I used to eat the Quarter pound cheeseburger meal with large fries and drink plus an apple pie and an extra small cheeseburger for in case I was still a little hungry. No wonder I was so fat. I have seen the commercials for this BK stacker and they are targeting them at men, who are all running and jumping in the street and shouting about freedom and such. I bet no one runs and jumps in the street once they finish one of those. I'd be sluggishly moving to the bed or couch for a nap.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #12  

This weekend, on the 4th, I had a huge bacon cheddar burger, at least a half pound of beef, french fries, and a salad with normal full fat dressing. The burger was insane, I could barely get my mouth around it. And I don't feel at all guilty for having had that meal.

It was the first burger I'd eaten in about a month and a half, give or take. I hadn't eaten much that day, or the day before. I'm not eating much today. Sure, someone else watching me eat that might have thought "Wow, she's so big, she really should just have a grilled chicken breast or something!" But then, they wouldn't know just by looking at me that I've lost 65 pounds recently, either.

Restaurants have every right to offer anything they want on their menus as long as it meets health code regulations. It isn't a moral choice for them; they are simply trying to meet a demand. Burger King would be prefectly within their rights to sell a burger three times that size, if they thought they would get buyers. They have no obligation to any idea of what some might thing of as a moral imperative to only offer healthier foods.

Food choices, unless they involve children or invalids, are purely the choice of the individual. It is up to us to decide what we will stick in our mouths. Blaming a fast food place for serving a large burger is simply misguided, IMO.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #13  

That is some big burger! It may look good but it's never going to make anybody feel good about themselves.
eddiecooper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecooper77
That is some big burger! It may look good but it's never going to make anybody feel good about themselves.
Personally I don't that that is supposed to be the purpose of food. Just a thought.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:26 AM   #15  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I can't remember where I read or saw this but Burger King has basically said that they are going after the other market. If I remember correctly, it was in conjunction with the creation of the very sandwhich ValRock's hubby ate. Let McDonald's pretend to get healthier, Burger King is unashamedly targeting those who want monster sandwhiches and the choice whether or not to eat them. And, sadly, there is a market for it.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote