Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #1  
i am a runner

S/C/G: 165/142/130

Height: 171 cm/ 5' 6.5"

Default Stupid fat legs lol

It's the only thing about me that I have a problem with. When I wear something that covers them like pants or capris, i look great, but in a skirt or shorts, all you see is jiggling fat. I don't get it, I'm not that overweight, I excersise, so why are they so huuge?
Gah, just so frustrated... do you think it will change when I drop the last 10-15lbs?
kookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

yaaaaaah another person from BC!

I too have "stupid fat legs" but I think they are gonna be here forever, haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have "bird legs and no butt at all" but a stupid fat tummy. I'd rather have the bigger legs and a least a little bit of a butt. So, none of us are 100% happy with our bodies and probably never will be. So, I just try to be proud of what I have accomplished .
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

lilybelle - you totally right. We will never be happy, I am just happy to be me, even with my fat legs and saggy boobs haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

I used to hate my big legs. But I have grown to love them and appreciate them. they are not so big in the calve but are huge in the thigh. Makes me feel more womanly. I'd take curves over skinniness anyday!! I can't help smirking to myself when I see a girl with small, stick thin legs. It doens't hurt either that my boyfriend looooves big legs.

Tone up and you'll start to feel great when you see the fat turn to muscle.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

kookiemonster - You know I too suffer from this. I got so bad that I had not worn shorts or a skirt for about 2 years. My husband could not understand it. I gained a mass of weight in a short period of time so I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and behind my knees. I just could not bare that to the world. BUT I have started running. I have been at it for about 8 weeks now and omg I am starting to love mylegs. My hips are still in need of some slimming but for me running really has done the trick in getting rid of that bulge at my knee cap those curved on the insides of my thighs etc...My weight has not changed but my measurements have. Have you ever considered running?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:41 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I had been running for an hour a nite for two months. I went to the pub with a mate one night, and she said oh my god where have your legs gone! Its great to hear stuff like that. I am still running and still in need of shrinking the legs a little bit more yet. But I agree, I have dropped about 3 inches from each leg within a month, yet havent noticed a huge weight difference (maybe one of 3lbs).

I have a question too. Is weight you have had for years, physically hard to get rid of that weight youve just put on so to speak?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL I too have bird legs and not butt when I am skinny, with big ole flabby stomach. However, I would NOT trade and have bigger legs and butt; I just want the stomach and boobs gone without putting anything anywhere... let the pants bag in the butt LOL. When I got really skinny before a friend actually suggested to me that I look for padded underwear in the butt... but LOL I said I literally worked this butt off and there ain't NOTHIN' on THIS body getting padded!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe....a padded butt? too funny. I have the extra padding and anyone want some? I can't wait to get rid of some more inches and look forward to less jiggle!!! Having lost already 3 sizes, I am wearing more and more adventurous tops (lol...not THAT adventurous!!) but more camisoles and tank tops. It seems at the heavier weight, dh says all I used to wear were baggy tee's. I've recently bought some skorts and skirts when I used to only wear long long skirts with pantyhose only (to prevent chaffing).....so change is good. I've come to accept my body better and that too comes with time.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I have big thighs and a big butt also...............I wear shorts and I don't care if they don't look great on me.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lol, Misti at the 'padding', my sister suggested I get some padded undies and my DD said I need to get "butt implants".I literally worked that butt off too, so I can just live with how it looks now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #12  

I too am cursed with those stupid fat legs. My hope is that when I get small enough they'll at least be huge toned legs instead of huge blobby legs. They certainly aren't any smaller than before but I can see a tiny bit of definition in my calves now! I just wear shorts and skirts anyway and pretend that I don't care, but I generally have to wear something floor length if I want my outfit to be truly flattering.
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #13  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, - ditto on the running. My legs have thinned too from running but I still have a ways to go. I have stretch marks and spider veins but I use Jergens Healthy Glow lotion and it makes them not as noticable. I have gotten to the point that I wear shorts regardless what they look like. Although I do have to say that I am jealous of all the women that have thin legs
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #14  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Nearly all of my excess weight is in my butt and legs. My thighs at their biggest point are 30"!!!!! My waist is 35...geez. My hips are 50". I've been powerwalking for 3 weeks or more and have lost only 2 lbs. I'm weighing in the morning so maybe I have a loss but I don't think so. I started running last week. Maybe the exercise is building muscle therefore resulting in minimal scale movement. I'll measure as well tomorrow but TOM should be here any minute....
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:52 AM   #15  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I have the dreaded fat leg syndrome tooo!!! I'm trying to work in running as much as possible.

Quote:
l00py: I have a question too. Is weight you have had for years, physically hard to get rid of that weight youve just put on so to speak?
I don't know for sure, but from personal experience I would have to say yes. I gained two inches in my hips (they were always wide) and when I first started my healthy lifestyle, in the first two months, those 2 inches disappeared. I was really excited and thought at that rate, I should be good to go! But no, it's been 2 months since I lost those inches and it's still the same. Sucks. But that actually ties into the theory that you lose weight first from the last place you gained. Maybe the last place I gained was in my hips so that was the first. That means my tummy is next, my arms after and then finally my hips. *sigh*
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote