Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #1  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

Angry plateau pains

Aghh I need some advice from some big time losers, I have been slowly creeping up my calories for the last 3 months, i am now up to about 2thousand/day, I cad gotten down to 347 but i crept back up to 355 and according to my wacky scale (50 bucks wasted in my opinion) which weighs up to 380 i go between 354 and 359 throughout the week, yes i know i shouldnt weigh myself more than once a week but i have become a nervous wreck...

I have also stopped walking the last 3 months and began again this week, i am planning to push my calories back down to the 1600 i was losing so well on as well as the excercise but I just feel so tired, plus I started smoking

i feel so out of control, i am having major issues in my life and i know its an excuse but it makes it so tough not to fall back into the cradle of my old habits.. i started working as a supervisor sometime at my job and started back on night shift so i dont sleep well and i am not eating as well as i should be...thats how my calories are pushing it, plus my cheat days once a wekk have gotten crazy, for cheat day i used to wake up late (my day off) keep myself busy and we would go out and eat a meal anywhere...now i eat lunch then go out for the high cal dinner.....

please someon smack me back into place and reality!!!
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #2  

Smack. Consider yourself smacked.

You will always run into roadblocks along the way. Recognize them as such, and keep pulling yourself back. Work into your new work regime, and your routine will settle down.

You have done great so far! 105 lb! Keep your eye on the big goal of better health. I find that if I don't watch like a hawk, the calories creep up. So if it takes another two years of watching like a hawk, I will do it.

This week, I have company and the town is full of people back for the high school reunion. That means lunches and dinners out. After all we have to meet up with everyone. So although I'm over my limit again this week, I will try to keep it within reason. My exercise routine is also messed up, so I am taking walks down the main drag, trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Plan, plan, plan as much as you can. Sometimes just the act of planning settles you down. Good luck.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #3  
hara hachi bu

WOW, awesome! 105 pounds lost? That's a lot of dedication. I'm 56 pounds down and I've noticed my weight loss slowing a little. I just keep trying to keep it in tabs. Can you try something new, shake things up a bit?
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Smack!!!!!!

Maybe you just needed a break and now it's time to get back in your routine. I find my routine helps me all around. When things are tough it really can help to have that routine. Also the exercise helps to relieve stress and will help with your sleep too. Depending on what kind of work you do at night, you may want to think about walking in the morning after work and before you lay down to relieve some of that stress and help you rest better.
Anyway, your weight loss has been phenomenal and your doing a great job. Remember the only person who can do it is you! Keep your eye on your goal and good luck to you!!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been "off-plan" for 2-3 weeks at a time the last month or so. I'd come on here, post about how I wasn't doing real well, and then go back to a life of bad eating and no exercise. Then a couple weeks ago on a Sunday it just "clicked" for me and I started again the day after as if I had never stopped. The eating and exercise all fell into place, or at least, I wasn't afraid to work for them anymore. I find when I go off, I'm not always ready to jump back on, but I kept thinking about it and planning it and then *click* there was that moment. Hope it works for you as well, don't beat yourself up over it, just work on the little things. Like the smoking! Stopping smoking is more important than losing more weight, trust me!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

First, congrats on the loss so far!

Second, although you're seeing some creeping up, it sounds like you ARE keeping tabs on what you're doing. That is, it doesn't sound like you've become really complacent.

Maintainers say that their weight fluctuates some. It sounds like you've had some changes which are challenging and you've had a bit of an increase. That doesn't mean you are out of control. Find the things you CAN do and just start doing them.

You can get this back under control again. You KNOW you can! Believe it! Don't feel you have to get everything back control at once, but just START!

Hopefully that's a friendly smack!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Safiyah! Snap out of it!
You can get back control. You were in control before (105 lost!!!) and you can get in control again.
But you know what, we can smack you a thousand times and it will have no effect unless YOU take back control over your eating/exercising habits!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #8  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Thanks guys, Im back at it again...whew... I know about the click, it happened to me yesterday, thanks guys for your support, its all uphill form here!!!! lol

and yes the planning does help!!
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, girl!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote