Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #155

Good evening everybody.

Tammy - glad your family reunion turned out good. The meatballs sound good.

Meme - Nice picture. I use shortcuts as well, and nobody really knows. I don't tell them I can't stand all day in the darn kitchen trying to prepare stuff. I do, however, make my own potatoe salad, as I don't care for the storebought stuff.

Joanne - hope the IBS settles down. That is just not fun. Had a go with that a couple of weeks ago.

Mima - glad your little jaunt was good. Did the rain finally stop for you? It is very hot here and will continue to be for the rest of the week.

Canada Day we spent at the lake. It was nice to wade in the water. It is pretty shallow, so it was warm. Can't take the cold stuff anymore. Then we came home and BQed and then went over and watched the fireworks. Ashley was here (and daughter) so we all had fun.

Yesterday, my son came down and we went to Discovery Canyon. It is a play park for kids of all ages. They ride inner tubes over the rapids. It must be cold as it is fed by the river. We had a picnic and James and Ashley had a great time. Little Meela is now about 12 pounds, so she is filling out so nicely. She sure is a pretty little baby. Of course, I might be biased

Hi Candice - how was your weekend.

Happy 4th of July to all of you.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #2  

Here's a little funny to start your day

Little Barry came into the kitchen where his mother was making his dinner. His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted:

"Mum, I want a bike for my birthday Little Barry was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at school and at home.

Barry's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his birthday. Little Barry, of course, thought he did. Barry's mother, being a good Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on his behavior over the last year, and write a letter to God, and tell him why he deserved a bike for his birthday. Little Barry stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1:
Dear God, I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.
Your friend, Barry
Barry knew this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this year, so he tore up he letter and started over.

LETTER 2:
Dear God, this is your friend Barry. I have been a pretty good boy this year, and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you, Barry.
Barry knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and started again.

LETTER 3:
Dear God, I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red bike for my birthday.
Your friend, Barry.
Barry knew he could not send this letter to God either. Barry was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mother he wanted to go to church. Barry's mother thought her plan had worked because Barry looked very sad.
"Just be home in time for dinner", his mother said. Barry walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. He looked around to see if anyone was there. He picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary. He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the church, down the street, into his house, and up to his room. He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen.

Barry began to write his letter to God.

LETTER 4:
I HAVE GOT YOUR MUM. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.
Signed
YOU KNOW WHO
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #3  

Anne, the letters were hilarious!!! Thanks for getting us started with the new thread!

The meatballs really were good. I reread my post, I said I put all that stuff in the microwave. I'm sure that would have worked, but I really put all of it in the crock pot. I never take potato salad to reunions because my Aunt Jean has always made the best. I just depend on her to do it.

We went out for supper tonight. Really healthy eaters here. The 3 of us split an order of nachos. Then we each had a dessert. Mine was the smallest on the menu, but I think I made the best choice. Caramel Turtle Sundae Pie. I'm glad I'm not weighing until Thursday!!

Anne, being in the warm water would be what I would want also. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family. I can't believe Meela is 12 pounds already. Seems like she was just born yesterday!

I've been online trying to make hotel reservations for the weekends when there is a home football game since Tim will be in the band. While making one set of reservations, I realized that the game is on a Thursday night. If I go back to school in the fall, I'll probably have to be at school that Friday.

Since school has been out, I have felt better. I think that I might try to give it a go when school begins with the intervention/tutoring position. I know if I'm absent, they won't get a sub, so I won't be as hesitant to call in that I won't be there. (maybe)
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #4  

Sounds like you all have been having some good vacations ... I need one bad. I used to like to go camping. Your camp site sounded good to me, Mima. Under the trees! Although hard to get into. And time with family at a lake sounds devine! Isn't this your last year at school Tammy?

Joanne, hope your stomach straightens out ... I hate that feeling.

We changed our 4th plans a little. We're supposed to have thunder showers tomorrow evening sometime and we were afraid we might get rained out so we all went out to eat tonight and then came back here, shot off the fireworks and then had dessert and coffee ... there was 23 altogether. Then tomorrow night there are going to be big fireworks at the county fairgrounds only 8 miles from here so we're still having our cookout here and then, if it isn't raining, we're going to load up in our vans, take our lawn chairs and go up there and watch the show. I'm so tired ... don't know if I'll make tomorrow. Going to bed now.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:35 AM   #5  

Good morning-it didn't rain all the time we were camping and they had bad storms predicted. But I do like the comforts of home. That campground wasn't pretty-best one in VT.. We may camp at my brother's place-then I can shop with my SIL.
Supposed to rain later today-we are going to the parade this morning.
I am reading BLINK-awesome.
Have a great day , all. Tammy, my Title 1 job was the least pressure. No homework.
Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #6  

This is my last year of teaching. The board/administration is leaving it up to me on if I feel good enough to go back. Mima, I agree about less pressure in this new position. I know the special reading teachers were getting things together in a folder for me at the end of the year to help me out when school starts.

Meme, my son and his scout troop are leaving on Sunday for their annual campout on the other side of Ohio. Come on up and join them!! Your change of plans was probably a good idea. We had storms for a few hours this morning.

Blink was great!! I really enjoy Dekker's books.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #7  

Default Hey there

The tummy is better but still talking to me...
HAPPY 4TH EVERYBODY!!
Sounds like all you guys are having a pretty fun summer.. We didn't plan anything for the summer. I think I may have to think of something and drag the hubby away from FOX news..
I will fix us a couple burgers and some chips for supper. I guess the neighbors will furnish the fireworks. They were at it at 11 pm last night. The booms shook the house. I was hoping someone would call the cops. I guess everyone is afraid they will bomb the house ,including my hubby.They are about as abnoxious as a person can get.I feel like going over there and taking their matches away. I wonder if my age will have any effect.
Happy- The letters sound like something our son did many years ago.. It wasn't a bike he wanted. It was a fast ,gas driven go-cart. He didn't get it. My hubby bought him a sand bike.. That was worse in my eyes. We were out looking for him all the time..I was sure he was going to get killed. He had no problem finding girls. They were calling and coming around hunting him all the time. Another pain in the rear.He was only 12!Thank God he grew up at the age of 45.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #8  

Joanne, Bob and I were sitting here last night and my tummy was making awful noises. He wondered if it was the creature from Alien. Sounds like the creature from Alien should go take care of your neighbors!!!!

Did you all watch the Shuttle launch? I always pray when I'm watching them.

We're having pork chops, baked potatoes, and applesauce for supper. Tim is tonight's cook.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #9  

Default Hey there

Tammy- I am still having cramps... I hate these times.. We watched the shuttle go up. I was holding my breath. Pieces of foam was flying off. I hope to God there was no damage..I know that there is a lot to be learned with these flights,but, I do wish some of that money would go to the people who need it..
Hope you had a nice 4th..Yes, I do wish the aliens would get the neighbors. I told my hubby I would like to call the cops and invite them to park in my driveway. but then, I would have to make a complaint..
Joanne
Old 07-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #10  

I tried to go to sleep at 9 with the sound of fireworks. I can't put Blink dowm.
Joanne, I am finding that fat is the worse thing for IBS. Plus I sure can't have soda. I have dicoclomine for the cramps-once they start , they don't know how to stop. But that peppermint stops the cramps too. It really works.
We went to the parade-fun to watch the people and the parade. Then we stopped for lunch at this great fish place.
My friend who is having a party on FRiday called and asked if I could bring and appetizer instead of a main dish and I begged to let me bring my chicken and rice so I could have something to eat. It seems that when I go to parties, there is all this fancy stuff and nothing for me.
Planning the big cookout for Mike with my son. At least it's not here.
My insurance won't cover acupuncture so I am going to try to get chiro to do it. I am in so much pain all the time.
Going to finish painting at the church, The scene is coming out pretty good.
Feel godd people. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #11  

No rain here but all around us so I am watering like crazy again! DH went fishing and I worked in the yard, then ate my tofu and rice I had made the day before. (new recipe I tried, really good)

Happy..I bought some of that 024 Fibro stuff.....the camphor smell is very strong but not greasy. I didn't think it helped much but then I put it on my hips..might try my foot and knee later. Right now I have a bad headache.....shouldn't have scrubbed behind the toliet..too hard to get back there!

I will have to go back and read the other thread to see what you all have been up too!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #12  

meme..great picture.....you look like a thinner version of my sister! Is that a ring on your index finger?....my sis wears them on about every finger since she was a tot!

Those meatballs sounded great!..and the potatoe salad and the fried chick and all the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad food has to make you fat!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #13  

Joanne, I'd be leary about calling the cops if the neighbors are weirdos. They might end up doing something to your home if you did. We've had that experience in the past, and it wasn't pleasant.

Mima, glad you are enjoying Blink! On vacation I was reading The DaVinci Code. I had trouble putting it down. It really is a good mystery, and I enjoy mysteries. All the way through I reminded myself that it was only fiction, since so many people have been upset about it. At the reunion on Sunday, there were so many different foods, and there was plenty for those with special diet restrictions. We have quite a few diabetics in the family, so I'm sure that is the reason.

Candice, I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever tried tofu. Sorry about your headache. don't clean behind toilet anymore!! lol We really were talkative about different foods weren't we? The meatballs were absolutely yummy!!

Trying to figure out plans for today. We're rearranging a couple things in the computer room. I'm switching the location of the stereo and a bookcase. It will make it easier to get to the cd's to choose some music.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #14  

Default Hey there

Tammy- That is why we haven't called the cops. i think their close neighbor did that. They went crazy till about 10.30 and then all was quiet. They shot off the fireworks right up next to their neighbors back fence..instead of out near the road. There was/is a bann because of the dryness in this area..I read Divinca Code a few years ago. That book caused a big break between my son and daughter.. It is just lately that they are getting where they can talk to each other without hostility. I pray for them constantly.. They were always so close..
Mima- I seldon eat anything that has fat.. I am not sure what set me off this time..I will look into the peppermint caps as soon as I can get to the mall or a health food store..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #15  

Joanne, I'm glad your neighbors weren't crazy the entire night. I'm sorry about you son and daughter being divided because of that book. Hopefully they'll get things worked out.

We ended up going on a picnic today. Just the 3 of us and the dog. The place we went is called Windy Point. It's on a lake about 30 miles from here. When they named it, they weren't kidding! We were able to keep the food and everything from blowing away, but I shivered throughout the meal. The guys went for a walk, and I sat in the van. lol