Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Question Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet)

I've been checking into the Master Cleanse (Lemondade Diet) and am considering having a go at it for the 10 day minimum and am looking for some feedback, positive or negative, from anyone who has tried it or something similar.

Have you done a detox program? If so what kind and for how long.

Did you have a bad reaction or anything negative come from it?

Did you find it helped you feel better/relieve symptoms of allergies/have more energy/reduce cravings for junk food?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

I just looked it up and it is far more than a lemonade diet IMO. The sites I saw also "recommended" colon cleansing potions and/or laxatives twice a day.

Much as I believe in the benefits of lemon juice... I drink the juice of a fresh lemon every day in hot water... personally I think getting into the colonic cleansing "magic potions" and stuff is dangerous to one's health and just one more attempt to make a scam buck.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I've never done the MC myself, but a couple of my friends did it about a year ago. They were trying to lose their "couple weight" (you know the obligatory 10 pounds you gain when you get serious with someone?)

They were tired and cranky. They lost weight. They made it about 8 days before they broke the fast. It all came back within a week or two. It seemd like a lot of maintinance and work to just not eat.

Personally, I don't think it's any better than taking a laxative and fasting (it sure costs more money, though!).

My boyfriend and I just came off a 3 day juice cleanse. No products, just fresh juices from the ole Jack Lalanne. We both felt pretty rejuvinated and energized at the end. I did a cleanse once and supplemented it with a GNC system, but to tell you the truth, I was happier with the juices and raw stuff.

You know, there are some pretty strong opinions regarding "cleanses" around here, but I tend to agree that the product/supplement end is sort of ridiculous. What's the point of a "cleanse" if it just means you are putting more chemicals in your body?

If you want to read about people's vaired experience with the MC specifically, they have some threads devoted to it at rawfoodtalk dot com. I've never heard of anyone getting sick off of it, but I've never tried it either.

Good luck!
Closed Thread