South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default A quick hello from across "the pond"

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if any of you remember me - I was doing South Beach last summer.
Since then I've had an eventful year. I left my job and returned to school and am going to start a college degree course in September. I'm also in the process of separating from my husband. It has been a rollercoaster year and of course, I have eaten as my way of dealing with it all! Well long story short, I fell off the Beach and gained an additional 8 pounds over the last 6 months. I'm now at my heaviest ever weight and in that space where I KNOW I have to do something about this weight, but really cannot decide on a diet plan.
I'm very, very strongly leaning towards SBD. I felt great whilst I was on it, it cured my cravings, and I had good losses....
I still often lurk here and love to read how you are all doing.
If I decide to do SBD again, I will be starting P1 on Thursday July 6. Who says a diet has to be started on a Monday

Did anyone else come back to SBD after a long break? If so how did it go? Do you have any advice to give me doing a re-start after so long?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #2  

I remember you, Artemis! Many of us are still around. Welcome back. I've never left South Beach but I would think that finding recipes that you really enjoy might be a key factor in success. Good Luck!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Artemis, I remember you, too! I'm so sorry that you've had a rough year, but hopefully everything is falling into place nicely for you now. Check the new updated Phase 1 & 2 lists for all the changes, and try some of our recipes from the boards, they're delicious and will help keep you motivated. It's good to have you back with us!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #4  

HUH??? WHA???? It's ARTEMIS

The Schatzinator has missed you dahlink!!!

Need Artemis' towel ..Pronto Stat and all that jiffy quick pip pip stuff
Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #5  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi Artemis

I too am a re-SB-er...this is my 3rd attempt. I lost quite a bit of weight with WW but have severely lost my focus of tracking my points so I need some more discipline, which is why I'm here again.

I just re-started Phase I this past Friday (June 30) and already feel tons better. My stomach is staying flat and the headaches have subsided.

I do find that I am very thirsty and I've already had over 60 oz today already (it's not even 1pm...). I've been drinking a lot of water the past few days...we'll see if my thirst subsides later this week.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Goddess is back! It sounds like you have been through a lot of changes. i hope you do decide to return to South Beach.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the lovely greetings ladies! It's good to "see" you all again.
I think Thursday is the day to start P1.

Barb you've inspired me to get out all my old favourite recipes, I'd forgotten how much I love the Taco Bake, and Schazi's portabella's are gorgeous with grilled fish!
Save me a nice shady spot for Thursday. (I have very fair skin so need shade along with my Beach towel!!)
Old 07-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Hey Artemis!!! I remember you too!!!
So sorry your past year has been tough for you, but things always have a way of turning around. A couple cliche's that help me get through.....
God doesn't give you anything you can't handle....
Everything happens for a reason

Glad to see you back, I've been gone myself for quite a while, been lurking though. I started back last month and took off the vacation weight I had put on.

It's good to "see" you again.
Closed Thread