Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#81)

Hello to all of the lovely Floozies out there!

Whether you're a "tried and true" or a lurker "wannabe," you know if you're a Floozie at heart! Come and join our discussion!

Our main goal is to lose weight and keep it off, but we're also here to visit and try to keep each other motivated. Everyone is welcome here, so if you've been looking for a forum "home" perhaps you've found it!

Please be sure to go back over the last few numbered threads to acquaint yourself with the Floozies and see what's been happenin' around here!!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  

Congratulations to SHERRY on your 10# loss!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/201/149

Ok, here goes. I have been lurking for awhile, trying to figure out where to go! I think I might "fit" here best, and you seem very welcoming as though you won't consider newbies as intruders.
I lost 79 lbs. 6 years ago on WW and kept it off for 18 months. Then, same old story, a lot of stressful things happened and I started gaining. Now I find myself up 56 (!) pounds. Figuring I better do something before it is the entire 79. Can't believe I have done this.
I have been going to a personal trainer twice a week for a couple of weeks, but that isn't going to do anything, not enough. So today I am headed back to the gym. I have an appointment at 2:15 with a "coach" at the gym to get set back up on a program.
One of the most important things for me when I lost the 79 pounds was the ***************.net board. I posted there instead of eating constantly. For some reason I just can't bring myself to go back there after 5 years. Even though they knew EVERYTHING about me - I seem to be missing a self-censoring chip, much to my husband's chagrin.
Vital statistics:
45, sons 12 and 16, 8th grade Language Arts teacher, married, recommited to WW - it worked before it should work again, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parrots, 1 rat.
I was in great shape (Deelite, I am so impressed with your avatar! It is one of the things that inspired me to try and join this group! You look beautiful!), I was working out 5 times a week and I felt so good. Now, I get winded walking to the kitchen. I really need the support, encouragement and good ideas.
Thanks!
PS - how do I edit my S/C/G? I gained since I registered and I am too anal to let my chart not match!! Plus, I have to owe up to those 2 lbs!

Last edited by Soccer Mom; 07-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #4  

Hey there, Soccer Mom!!

I think you've found one of the best groups of ladies on the net!

We have several here who are "doing" WW. I'm one of the ones who did it, lost weight, stopped and gained it all back (PLUS SOME!!!!!).

We're a bit slow (posting) sometimes, but, for the most part, we're pretty regular! Stick around and let us get to know you!!

Cheryl
Old 07-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Welcome Soccer Mom!
I am another one doing WW. Weigh in's on Thurs. evenings. I have been on a plateau for a few weeks so trying to up the exercise to get off it, but so far, still on the plateau! Hoping this is the week, I break off it!

Busy day here, had my stress test and now back from that! Walked to and from the hospital, so really got my exercise in for today! Now home and sitting in the AC! Very warm and humid out there. Most importantly, I am ok to exercise moderatly. Take it easy, the dr. said, and if I feel dizzy sit down and rest. Dizziness should last about a month and they go as quickly as it came.

What is everyone up to for the holiday tomorrow? We are going to fireworks here tonight and picnic here tomorrow! Maybe take a walk together, depending on weather.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #6  
In it for life!

Hi Soccer Mom,

I'm somewhat of a newbie here too. Wonderful, encouraging group of ladies!

It's easy to let the weight "creep" up on you. I know ... I'm the creeping queen. I got stuck in that "oh, I don't look that bad." What a joke and what a tub of lard I got to be! Ugh!

I didn't want to be 40ish (ahem) and be on a ton of medicine like so many of my friends so I had to do something about it. Plus I will be a grandma in November and I didn't want to not be able to do things with the lil darlin'!!!

We're here to help you all we can and give frequently!

Lynneye, not sure about the 4th here. I think it's going to rain. If it doesn't, Im going to be brave and go to the river and go boat riding (gasp!). Not too wild about the bathing suit and stranger thingie going on there BUT gotta get my feet wet sometimes (no pun intended! )

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th and stay OP!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #7  

wow this is a hard place to find.......I still don't know if I can navigate back.

Soccer mom thanks for the compliment. I was 40 pounds heavier at my all time high. I feel much better now. I have maintained for a year.

Sherry you are doing awesome. We are here to cheer you on. I am glad that you found a swimming pool. It is a good work out that is fun.
Moving into a new neighborhood is tough. I remember when we first moved here and how I loved it but I missed all my old neighbors. Time will make things better.

Gayle I am sorry to hear that your pc is down. I hope that you get it fixed soon. We miss you.

Lynneye we just celebrated canada day. We went to the fireworks and had a bbq. Yesterday we had a family reunion dinner and party.

Larry is off today so I better run and spend sometime with him. I think that we are going to take a country drive after dinner and stop off and have a flaming mexican coffee at a country restaurant. Hope you are all having fun.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #8  

Welcome, Soccer Mom! You found the right place for not only motivation in your weight loss endevor, but special friendships that we have here. I have been around for a few years, and I can tell you some of my best friends are right here, even though I have never met them in person. I also am on WW. Online exclusively, and have gained a few back that I am trying to get off, but having a hard time because I normally run 35-40 miles per week and can't for awhile.

BTW, ladies!! I am quite lonely over at the exercise thread! I need your company. I just can't do it alone! Come and workout with me.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #9  

BTW Christie! I just read your bio. I have a hawkhead parrot and a medium sulpher crested cockatoo, along with a cockatiel. I had a 40 year old parrot pass away a year ago. What kind of parrots do you have and how old are they? Hawkeye is approx. 20 and Honey (the cockatoo) is about 25. I had them before children, of course. Also, right now we have 4 little chickens out in the bird room with them. They aren't ready to go out into the chicken coop with the older ladies yet.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #10  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Soccer Mom! I agree with the other ladies...you have come to the right place! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

To edit your S/C/G go into your User CP and then click on Edit Profile. You will see where to change the information under additional information.

Shelley ~ How is Mike doing at his new job? Is he happy to be back to work?

Sherry ~ You are doing awesome! Congratulations on the 10 pounds lost!

Dee ~ Flaming mexican coffee? That's a new one to me...sounds good! Have a nice evening!

Linda ~ Never mind about the swimming suit...just have a good time tomorrow!

Debbi ~ I'm glad that you got the tests out of the way and that all went well! I hope you're feeling better very soon!

We are going to a picnic tomorrow at Tim's cousin's house. I'm looking forward to going...it should be a fun day!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:47 AM   #11  
Janice

WELCOME SOCCER MOM! You will find this a great place for friendship and support. We are all here for each other. We share so many things and have a lot of laughs.
I have also one who lost the weight a few years ago on WW. and gradually gained it back. I rejoined in the spring and am close to my goal weight. I am sticking with it this time.
Shelley, Does Mike like the new job. It must be a relief for you. How is your heel feeling?
Suzy - I didn't realize you were four pounds from your goal.
I weigh in this morning. Yesterday was a holiday for Canada Day so couldn't weigh in then. I am having a hard time losing the last few pounds.
Sherry - You are doing great, glad you went back to WW, low carb works but I worry about the lack of enough vitamins in the diet.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #12  

Janice-Good luck with this morning's WI. You have come such a long way on your weight loss journey. I am so proud of you!

Yes, Mike likes his job, and will get his 1st paycheck this week, thank heaven! It has lifted a bit of stress off me, but with not being able to run, my obsession with losing weight has gotten worse. I have been weighing everyday, which depresses me more, because I was down 2, now I'm back up. I have promised myself not to weigh again until my official day, which is Sat. I have been staying OP with Core at least, but not earning all those important AP's. I have just been lying around in bed during the past few days after biking. I really think it's because of feeling sorry for myself. Of course, lying around doesn't help burn calories.

I better get off before I bring everyone down! Have a great 4th!!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/201/149

Well, i went to the gym yesterday. I had them look at my history and the last time I went was August of last year! And the time before that was in February of 2005. Yet I have continued to pay the $52 every month. I am an idiot. Anyway, the "coach" set me up on the machines again and I did one circuit, then I made it 34 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I was pretty proud of myself actually. She asked me to set short term goals for the next month and then meet with her again on July 31. I settled on these:
1. Eat breakfast - I live on black coffee until 12:35 (when my grade goes to lunch) and then eat until whenever I go to bed which is usually around 1 am.
2. Work out 3 times a week. I can do this at the gym (the YMCA) or with the personal trainer I am seeing twice a week with 2 girlfrends.
3. Restart Weight Watchers and actually journal and count points again.

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Shelley - we have a Red Bellied parrot and a Sun Conure. Both are 10 years old. The conure is a screamer. The red belly is a bully. Her favorite thing to do is torment the cats. He will follow the cat around when she is making those horrible sounds getting ready to cough up a fur ball (no, of course we can't have cats who just leave you surprise furballs - ours have to scream for hours announcing it. Oh, and one miraculously manages to find the newest thing to come into the house to puke on EVERY TIME: new pack of computer paper, papers from work, new totebag, etc....) and the bird will imitate the cat's sounds. I would not describe either of our feathered pets as "sweet, " both are rather *****y!
Well it is already 11:24 and I haven't yet eaten breakfast. NOT a good start on those goals so I am off to have sourdough toast w/a small bit of orange marmalade. I CANNOT give up marmalade!
Have a great 4th!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Hi girls! Still no computer, so again, a short post. Looks like we will not have ours up & running for several weeks. Steve & I are considering purchasing a used lap top so we can take care of our addiction! I MISS MY COMPUTER & YOU GUYS! Hope all is well for everyone, I will be back as soon as I can. I hope you guys don't forget me! Welcome to the newbies! I am staying OP, down about 5-6 pounds.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #15  
In it for life!

Happy 4th of July everybody! I hope everyone's day is great. I'm sitting here listening to it POUR DOWN RAIN! Ugh! So I guess the river and the bathing suit/stranger issue isn't a problem now!

Instead I'm going to a BBQ with an old guy friend of mine and his kids at his mom's house. This should be interesting. I haven't seen him in about a year and boy do I look differently now!! Can't wait to see the look on his face. He always thought I was so pretty anyways even when I was a chunky butt!
Closed Thread