Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Another question that confuses me

I know that weight fluctuates and i probably shouldnt get to upset the fact that i havent seen over 204 since i found this site is saying something for me. anyways. i was up at 6am saturday and the kids go tup at 830 we did some house work they had baths and breakfast we went out side at 930 and played for hours had watermellon and water for a snack *no cookies this time yeye.* then i let them spend all day out there. i spent most of my time on my feet instead of siting and played with the little babies *hehe* anyways i also swam for 1 1/2 hours that night. sunday morning i weighted my self before breakfast naked and i was happy to say i was weighting in at 200.4 i kept my meals decent and not to outrages the calories for the day were under 1400 no cookies or junk food at all and only one pop that i shared with ds i did slack on water a little and didnt get my exersice it was way to hot to get out but when i weighed in this am i was 202.2 is that possible to gain 2.2lbs in a day should i worry or is that just cause i didnt get enough water. im a little discouraged i thought id be headed to 199 this week something i havent seen in over a year i just wanna cry now i need some encouraging words. i think ill take a walk this am since hubby is home and then whent he kids are up go again its suppose to be really hot again maybe ill see about swiming again. sigh. i hate this weight thing.
thanks for reading this far

misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/252/195

I totally know the feeling. I am sure it is water weight, because I doubt it is possible to gain 2 lbs of fat in that short time (unless you ate a SERIOUS amount of food that day!). I bet if you weigh yourself tomorrow you'll be down again. I know they say not to weigh yourself every day, just because of this reason, but I do the same thing and am disappointed a lot, too. But you just need to watch your weekly trends, make sure they're going down. I'm sad this morning because yesterday morning I weighed a pound LESS than this morning (my weigh in day, go figure!) so I think it was the salty foods I ate yesterday (deli meat, Hamburger Helper) that are causing me to retain some water. That may be what happened to you. Here's to you getting to ONEderland this week!!!
ilovemycaitybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #3  

Default thank you

I think i may go drink a huge glass of water and walk up to our new paper office for a paper *its further then the gas station* *i hate our tap water but oh well* then come home i need to find some good for you low calorie breakfasts that i can make for me. i have two kids so i cant afford to just go buy breakfast bars or go all fancy that would be easier but still. guess i could just make a couple eggs. hrm. thanks again for the reply
Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Misty... from Misti

Sounds as if you are doing great! However, one of the hard facts of losing weight is that our weight fluctuates a lot so being back "up" for a loss is totally normal. But I find those pounds usually go back off MUCH faster than they did the first time and we are ready to move on to tackle some more!!

Keep up the good work.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #5  

On the bright side i decided today to start going to fitday.com and track what i eat all day for a few days and see what im doing wrong if i cant fix that so far today i have taking in 333 cals wich for 8am is bad but ive been up since 5am and walked for 30 mins and burned up 150 of those. im eating some slim fast meals when its just me and the kids they can eat good stuff too but i have a habit of eating to much instead of just a serving. so well work on that. wish me luck. have a great day
Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Give this time. You won't lose weight in a straight line linear fashion. But if you watch what you eat and exercise, it will come off, over time.

Use this time to learn new habits and find strategies to keep it off forever. I see a lot of people on these boards who are in a rush to lose, eat as little food as possible (and don't think about nutrition) and then get frustrated and feel deprived and go back to old habits.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

It's very normal for weight to go up and down. I've attached a graph of my weight loss for the last four months. It's very much up and down, with a big plateau in March but I've still lost 33 lbs since then. You just can't get discouraged by a weigh-in where the scale goes up a bit.
half graph.jpg
Also there is nothing at all wrong with a 333 calorie breakfast. Eating a good breakfast is very important to keep from bingeing later in the day. You don't need breakfast bars or anything fancy, you just need to eat real food.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

tammy -- what a great graph to illustrate how weight loss is not linear!

And I agree about the breakfast! I just had a 300 calorie breakfast chock full of protein and fiber which will keep me happy and full for hours!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #9  

well I am glad i found you guys to reasure me. i know it will take time to loose this weight i didnt gain it over night. Ive decided on something simple tonight for lunch although it isnt extreamly healthy its easy and filling and go figure its that time of the month starting today so that would account for the jump on the scale today. we are having beanie weanies. at least i get my protien. ill go for a walk later tonight its so hot out i dont mind sweating in it for a walk but i just cant put my little boys threw the heat to get my walk in.

have a good one
misty
Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #10  

I agree with Wyllen and Tammy. Weight does fluctuate and 330 calories is not bad at all for breakfast.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #11  
No description available.

One reason your wt may have fluctuated is that watermelon can act as a diuretic, causing you to pee off extra water and showing a smaller wt on the scale.

Wts can and do fluctuate. We are not static. We are living breathing beings that carry water and bulk from what we eat and drink (or don't).

I also wanted to reinforce that you do NOT need to spend money on breakfast bars and I would also encourage you to rethink eating slim fast meals and feeding the kids "good stuff". I guess I am not sure what you mean. You should eat "good stuff" too and I define good stuff as healthy food with reasonable calories and not junk food. Bean and cheese burritos, sandwiches on whole grain breads made with lean proteins and lots of veggies, fresh fruit, string cheese (that stuff SAVES me when I am hungry and need a little something!), a sliced hardboiled egg with lower calorie crackers or whole grain bagels or pita bread. You and the kids deserve good stuff. : )

Keep working your plan and you will see results!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife
I also wanted to reinforce that you do NOT need to spend money on breakfast bars and I would also encourage you to rethink eating slim fast meals
I agree! Avoid the processed stuff and eat REAL "good stuff" that you can also feed to your kids!!! There is lots of it out there!