Missing Ohio

Default LAWL Losers and Friends July, 2006

Yea to the new month.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #2  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Good morning and Happy July everyone. As of this week I've been on LAWL for a month, I'm down 11 lbs for it.

My week challenge didn't go so well. I ended up going with my BF to his home city on friday and we stayed until saturday night. He's still there but I had to work sunday morning. (It's 6:18 am and I've been at work for 18 minutes, all 18 of which I've spent catching up on the boards here. yay!) We ended up going out to eat with his friends several times and it was very hard to find something I could eat. Eating out is hard, hard, hard. When the BF and I go out, we usually go somewhere where I can get fish or seafood of some kind. Talking a group of people who don't really know me into going where I want to go was not happening. I made the best choices possible, but they weren't perfect. Oh well, back in the game today.

It's also TOM, so I feel enormous and bloated.

But my mood is high so that's always a plus. It makes it easier when you're not feeling blue. I hope everyone is having a very good holiday weekend, and good luck plowing through all the pot lucks and buffets that people set out to tempt you with. Everyone is going to be wonderful, I just know it.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Hi ya chickies -

Wow Winkie - 4 lbs?? !!!! Did you do limited or unlimited?? that is such an awesome loss - I'm actually thinking of doing TO again mabe during 2 days that I don't train so I don't get too drained.......

Sherry - that was very nice of your landlord to do the week free for July since everything is not quite ready and in tip top shape!!!! Way to go losing that 2.2 especially with all the stress of moving and closing!!!

Lisa - sounds like you had a great treat to Taste of Chicago - doesn't sound like you did too much if any damage.

Psycgirl - way to go on the donut licking NSV - that is great...that is kind of one of those life changing moments when you know things have changed......
I totally understand about the southern grub - it is hard to resist sometimes, but luckily most of my family is now doing more potluck type stuff than cooking it all - that way you can bring something POP!!!!!

Sommer - I'm so with you about the bad eating yesterday and the TOM coming - I feel yuck and bloated - maybe that is why yesterday just started me out all wron - I'm still not feeling good this morning - don't know if it is the normal stomach problems or TOM or the junk I ate yesterday......

okay, well girls - I will admit - I did absolutely horrible totally POOP yesterday - I didn't really plan on it - but it happened. First I ended up having a ham biscuit and FF for late brunch b/c I was starving - then went to a b-day pool party - and I had one hot dog - which wasn't too bad, but I kept snacking of the birthday cake.....by the afternoon - I felt yucky and just totally gross from consuming too much cake - needless to say - I didn't even eat dinner. Of course, my day didn't start too well - I was on-call for work and got woke up at the crack of dawn by a customer - YUCK!!! So from there My whole day went sour....I was tired all day and just didn't feel well....but today is a new day and I'm going to do so much better!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  
Back-on-track!

I'm with you Heather, today is going to be better because I can't see how it could be worse than yesterday! And you know what? I felt just terrible this morning. I could actually feel all the crap inside and it made me feel sick to my stomach. I haven't felt sick off of food since I stopped being a hardcore vegetarian and transitioned meat back into my life.

But you know what I noticed? Yesterday at a friend's house we were sitting around watching a movie and someone had brought soft batch chocolate chip cookies. I decided to have one, it was hard to watch everyone scarfing them down and me having to keep saying, "No thank you". So I ate my one, very, very slowly. One lovely bite at a time. And it tasted so excellent. I really "enjoyed" that cookie, down to the last bite. I didn't realize that foods could taste so good after being "not that special" for so long.

I'm not going to have any more cookies, but when I do start to integrate foods back into my life that right now I'm saying no to, I'm going to spend the time to really enjoy them on the few occasions they come up.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Sommer is that a new pic on your avatar? I'm new here but i thought i saw a different pic before?

Hello everyone! Yesterday was also bad for me i think the TOM is coming on because i had the urge to eat all day yesterday. I managed not to have too many bad things during the day, i think i just had 2 tootsie rolls & 2 hershey kisses but we planned taco bell for dinner and i had a burrito and some nachos and it was sooo good. I definately know what you mean about savoring food. I love caramel lites, its the only 1 i eat and i savor it. I'm not kidding it takes me like 10 mins to eat 1 bar. I do that when i'm having rice also, i sit there and take my time and take little bits and savor every last bit. I ate rice so much before LAWL. Come to think about it i do this with most of my food except for like chicken which i have all the time. If i eat something really quick i dont really enjoy it especially if its something i know i wont have again for a while. I know you gals know what i mean. My hubby decided he wants to start eating healthy too so we went grocery shopping yesterday for all healthy foods. I'm so glad, now i can just cook dinner once instead of twice.

Hope everyone is having a POP day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #6  
Back-on-track!

Yeah it's a new avatar, I started using it last week.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #7  

I'm hoping July isn't "blow it" month for all us chickies! I just finished eating half a Twix, yesterday was a handful of chips. Not all that bad but still not good. My scale shows I'm down another pound so the motivation is there but I have to watch my thoughts or they'll linger off on not wanting to eat any food. No big plans for the 4th, small BBQ at the in-laws and I think I'll save my fruit for the evening.
My mom finally received her plan and yesterday was her first day. She called me this morning and said she couldn't believe I hadn't gone off plan 'cause she was starving.....lol When I first joined I really didn't think I would lose as quickly as I have. I was thinking a mini goal to lose 10 pounds by end of July wasn't feasible but I only need 3 more pounds!
Sending good vibes for everyone to be POP!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #8  
Mom of 3 little boys

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I blewe it yesterday. It was my mom's and my annual joint B-Day/4th of July party and I ate three big pieces of cake. Buttercream frosting, not that whipped stuff that tastes like air. I was surprised to be only .6 up this morning. I'm trying to be good today, but the leftover cake is calling my name. I can't throw it away because I promised the kids they could have another piece tonight. We also had smoked sausages with five different mustards. All the salt didn't help me, I'm sure.

Four pounds to goal and I sabotoge myself.

Anyway, as Scarlet says, "Tomorrow is another day..." Most of my company will be gone by tomorrow, so we can be more normal.

I'm trying for POP from now until my WI on Wednesday.
ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies-

Feeling on top of the world today-this weekend may be the first time I'll lose weight from Friday to Monday in eons. : I haven't been POP-but pretty darn close. Cartwheels may be in order tomorrow . . .

NSV-went shopping yesterday and bought (drumroll please!) size 18 jeans. SIZE 18!!!! Unbelievable-I was practically giggling in the dressing room. And a couple of the tops I got were 14/16. It's hard to believe a year ago a couldn't wear anything at Lane Bryant cuz I couldn't fit into a size 28. I used to think I'd be totally happy to be a size 18. No more . . . It's cool to be discerning about clothes and not just buying something because it fits. I don't want anything in my closet unless I feel fabulous in it.

So-I had a party to go to last nite (which is why I went shopping) and i picked up a sleeveless black top that really showcased my waist and my "girls". Now-you guys don't know this-but I haven't worn a sleeveless anything in public for probably 15 years or so. But I did last nite-and even with my flabby triceps-I looked pretty great! Got lots of compliments. Felt awesome. A friend took some pics-I'll have to share if she sends them to me.

Okay-need to catch up on some of the other posts . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #10  

Juliemarie- WOW congrats on the smaller sizes!!! Woo-hooo!! Getting smaller size clothing is so rewarding. That was my main reason to want to lose the weight. A couple of months ago I had to buy some "returning back to work clothes" and they were a teeny bit tight and knew I couldn't gain anymore weight since I couldn't afford it...'course I still don't have funds for smaller clothes but at least loose clothes are better than ripped seams!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #11  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone. just wanted to say a quick hello!! it's so frickin hot here in san diego!! sorry I don't have to much to say, but I can't stay on the computer long. i'm finding it very hard to stay in one place for too long, too hot and humid.

Heather: I did "limited" TO.

Congrats to all that have been POP and here's to a Happy 4th of July and to all that have lost some weight. Keep it up girls!!

Take care!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Sommer you look great, You dont look anywhere near 284.2 in that pic. I dont really take pics but i'll have to so i can post some soon.

Juliemarie i totally know what you mean about giggling in the dressing room. I couldnt believe it when i tried on smaller clothes. Its hard to see the weightloss on yourself (for me anyway) so trying on new & smaller things makes me feel like i've accomplished so much. I honestly still see myself as big as i was. Ok i do notice i'm smaller sometimes but not always. Its still in my head, i just got to get used to being this small. I havent been this weight in probably 9 years so it will definately take some time for me to get used to it. I know some of you know what i mean. anyway you guys have a good night and takecare

on everyone to stay POP tomorrow
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:20 AM   #13  
Back-on-track!

Debbie- Thanks, I think that I wear my weight well, if that's possible. No one area looks any larger than the next, if that makes any sense. But it's a burden on my body and I hate feeling like I can't climb a flight of stairs or go do anything that requires lots of physical activity because my body won't keep up. I've not always been like this, it feels like the weight just kind of appeared overnight, though I know it didn't.

Good morning everyone. Another bright and humid 6:04am here in Omaha, NE. I normally work at 7am on mondays, but I'm covering for my boss this morning who took a long weekend. At least I get to leave at 2:30. Then I can go home and finish my Astronomy homework, eat dinner and rush to my Women's Studies class until 8pm. Yes, such is the life of a 27 year old college student.

I'm holding between 1-3 lbs of waterweight thanks to TOM. I can't wait till that's over. I'm going to start drinking lots of hot lemon water starting today after work so that when it's all over maybe I'll have shed most of the water.

I hope everyone isn't struggling too hard with staying POP on this holiday weekend.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #14  
PurpleSunshine

Default Hiya Chickies!!!

Good morning!! This is your bright and early East Coast wake up call from your one and only purple !!!! oh, things have been really hot here the past few days!!

Well, I did pretty good yesterday with the eating - I couldn't even think about feeling sick like I did on Saturday - OMG - I will never do that to myself again. I truly think part of it was strictly TOM coming and haunting me - I haven't and will not get on the scales until this weekend. I go to my PT today and Wednesday - so that will help alot I'm sure!!! I really need to do TO - I might plan on that maybe next week - so if anyone wants to join me next Mon and Tues - here is your chance?? come on out TO buddies!!!

JULIEMARIE -
You go girl and be so proud - isn't it amazing how at one stage you think you will be happy be something and then - you know you achieve even more - I know you are flying high - be proud girly!!! Some more KUDOS for you - losing weight over the weekend - how totally awesome!!! whooo hooo....

Sommer - I totally agree with Debbie - you do not look 284 in the pic at all, but I love the new pic - like pyscgirl said - so "sunkissed"

Sommer, Christine, NINa, Debbie - Today , this week is a new week - although we have the holiday of tomorrow - we can get through it!!!

Winkie !!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

juliemarie-that is awesome on your size 18. Before you know it you will be so small you won't even be able to shop in Lane Bryant. Isn't it fun to shop for new clothes?

I'm glad to hear everyone else had a hard weekend. We went camping and I was not good. I will be drinking lots of water and really sticking to the program until my WI on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a great day.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote