Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit Chat - #18 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #2  
CJ

OK - come on and POST POST POST everyong!! See you Monday! Oh - and don't forget to check #17 for any posts you may have missed!

Love, CJ
Old 06-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hello to everyone!

Hi!

It's so good to be back in the modern world. lol. Had a really bad storm go through our area Thurs. afternoon, and we lost power, phone, etc. Power came back on that night, but didn't get the phone, cable, or dsl back till today. Had to "rough" it. lol.

Mom and I packed Hannah off to her dad's since he had electricity, then spent time at Wal-Mart. I bought a battery powered alarm clock, ice to try and keep the food cold, and clothes to wear today since I couldn't do laundry. We were told origanally we wouldn't get power back till sometime Saturday night/Sunday morning. Well, we get home, and walk in the house, and all of a sudden-LIGHTS!! It figures! If I didn't go to Wal-Mart to buy that stuff, we wouldn't have power yet. lol. Not complaining, though. Some of the smaller towns definatly won't have power till the weekend. I guess there are advantages to living in the bigger areas, right?

The only casualty from the storm was some guttering was pulled of the house, and a tree branch from the neighbor's tree took out my daughter's swing set. Oh well, all that can be replaced. No one was injured, and no major house damage. I can definatly live with that! I know there are probably some people not as lucky as us.

didn't do as well today as I have the last couple days with the water, but did manage about 30 oz. Yesterday, made it to over 60! And, I have managed to keep the snacking to a minimum, too.

Still haven't gotten on a scale, but think I have lost a little. Maybe I will break down and buy one this weekend as I am curious if I've at least gotten under 220.

Guess that's it for now.

Talk to you later, and have a great weekend!!

Kim
Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

KimV- glad you are all safe. We didn't have much in the way of storms up here, just some much needed rain. My tomatoes and peppers were thirsty!

Not much going on right now. I have lost another 4 pounds......down to 172, only 3 more pounds until I am just overweight!!! Never thought that would make me happy
Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #5  

Just got home from work, and thought I would post a quick note.

Weighed myself Sat. night on one of those fortune telling/lucky number scales, so don't know how accurate it is, but at least it was something to go by. According to that scale, I am 221. That's down from my last dr. visit of 226, 227. Something like that. So, not as much as I wanted to see, but it was around 5 pounds. Plus, it is that time of month for me, and I am retaining water (don't you love PMS? lol). Better than nothing!!! I am currently back in my 'normal' size of 22, out of the 24's. Actually, 22's are getting a little big, and constantly pulling my pants up at work (hate to wear belts, so i guess I will just keep tugging on them. lol) but 20's are still too tight and uncomfortable. I'm hoping by the middle of July, I will be in the size 20's. But, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Gonna take it one day at a time!

Tammi- Way to go girl! Good job on the 4 pounds and keep up the good work!

Gotta run. Talk to you all later, and have a good week.

Kim
Old 06-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #6  
banned

Woo hoo! 5 pounds is great Kim!! Happy dance for ya. TOM just got over here and took those nasty pounds with it, yea.

I tried on my sole pair of size 12 jeans today and a pair of size 12 denim shorts this morning. Amazingly I got them on and zipped!! Ok, so they don't look relaxed fit......a girl has got to have something to keep her going. I'm eyeing my size 10 Levi's that I haven't worn since I quit my Postal job 9 years ago. Maybe in 20 more pounds or so, LOL That seems like forever.

I think mid July is definitely doable for the size 20's. I don't have anything bigger than an 18 (that is because I refused to buy anything bigger than an 18, not because I couldn't wear them, LOL.......stretch pants are not my friend.......they deceived me for many years about how big my butt really was but they weren't sized with those numbers to make me worry).

Do your jeans shrink in the washer??? I swear mine do and then it takes all day to get them loosened up. And if you can wear a smaller size one day.....do you automatically refuse to wear the bigger sizes and only wear that one pair of smaller pants?? Sorry its just one of those odd things that I was thinking about today and I wondered how many of us get into the same mindset when we diet. I know, once I get my big ole butt into a smaller pair of jeans, I pack the bigger sizes away even if I can still wear them comfortably. Am I weird or just obsessed.

Well have a great evening, it sure is beautiful outside right now. Think it must be time for another dog walk.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #7  
CJ

Sorry I haven't been around ... we went downstate for a couple days and then have been having storms for the last 2 days ... I just got in now from the hot tub - sure needed that. Am now ready to crawl under the covers and go nite nite!

Kim and Tami:
WTG on your losses!! Wow! 4 lbs for Tami and 5 lbs for Kim - you girls rock! I have been doing better on my food this week ... maybe next week I can brag along with you. We'll see.

Well, keep up the good work. Hope to hear from EVERYONE soon!

Love, CJ
Old 06-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  
banned

Oh where or where is everyone at? Oh where oh where can you be??? LOL

What an awful start to my day here. I got up at 5:30 to walk the dog and the next thing I know, the dog is gone. The door that had been locked last night was now wide open. Went for a walk without stupid dog, came home and my husband was up and informed me that he just went downstairs and my 13 year old daughter wasn't anywhere in our home. Talk about crisis mode now.

Looked on her computer and found out her friend Eden had been logged onto to her computer late last night (after we went to bed she apparantly came over). Went to Eden's house about 6 am and her parents said she was at my house.......well maybe sometime but not right now. Went to vist all her friends parents to see if anyone knew where she and Eden might be. No luck on this. Called my mother to go over to my ex husbands house to see if maybe he picked her up in the middle of the night. Nope. Talked to the neighbors, no luck. Finally after almost 3 frantic hours my 13 year old calls my husband and tells him they left really early to walk down to the donut shop (about 2 miles) because they were sick, hungry and whatever other excuses she had for him. I drove to donut shop and they weren't there. Went back to Eden's house, no luck. Finally about 9 am she shows up with Eden. Boy was I pissed. She is grounded for a month. Then her dad shows up right after she got home (he had been out for a few hours looking also). He of course thinks a month is too severe for his poor baby girl. I think she's lucky to be alive right now. Am I wrong?? She was told last night she had to stay home. She didn't have permission to have a friend come over in the middle of the night. And she didn't bother telling anyone she was leaving in the dark (and it had to be dark because when I went out at 5:30 it was still a bit dark).

Sorry for the rant, hopefully the day will improve.

Tami
Old 06-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #9  

Tammi,

I am so glad your daughter and friend are okay. I know they don't understand the big deal being made. I would be very upset, too. Can't even begin to imagine what you were thinking happened to them.

No, I don't think you are wrong for grounding her. I would of considered that a gift to be grounded only a month. I don't know what your grounding consist of, but I would not of been allowed to go anywhere, talk to any one on the phone, have friends over. If computers would of been around then, definatly no computers (or video games). I might of been real lucky to be able to watch t.v. My mom probably would of come up with some extra chores for me to do to make sure I didn't get 'bored.'

What does your ex think should be done? My daughter's dad probably would of just told my daughter 'don't do it again' and that would be it. Hopefully, she will learn not to do something like that again. Hope it works out for the best for all of you.

Kim
Old 06-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #10  
banned

Kim,

LOL, my ex called me today and told me 1 month was way to much for the offense. But then again, he thinks its cool to smoke pot and he let her get a belly button ring last week without my knowledge. Talk about being pissed. She is 13 not 16 and there is a world of difference there!. I spent 3 hours worrying about her and had everyone I knew out looking for her butt. I think a month was more than fair. I also took her cell phone.

This should be a fun summer at my house. Hope all is good your way.

Tami
Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #11  
CJ

Oh my Tami - my heart goes out to you! I've been there - done that with my 13 yr old daughter - they think they are 30! She's 35 now so we both survived! I think you did right - she was so inconsiderate and I'm sorry you don't have the backing of your ex on this - that would be a big plus. But, keep you chin up - And remember ... we are here if you need to vent! I have a feeling you'lll be venting a lot .. That wasn't encouraging was it? sorry. But, like I said, been there-done that. Girls are not easy to raise in my opinion - boys are much easier. I have 4 daughters and 5 sons and the biggest troubles were with my girls. In my opinion, the punishment fits the crime! Just keep talking to her so she at least understands why you were so upset!

Love, CJ
Old 06-30-2006, 07:21 AM   #12  
banned

Thanks to all for your kind words. I have 3 daughters (atleast one is a grown up now thankfully), 2 more to get through this experiment in life called being a teenager. Whats really unnerving for me is this particular daughter is also on the honor role without fail. I mean she is really bright. It makes it soooo hard to be upset with her for very long. What concerns me is her friends are not honors students. School is a big party for them. I just don't want her to fall to that level. She needs to go to college. Now if only here mom would of set a better example and finished herself, LOL

I am sure when my 7 year old daughter gets to be a teenager I will be in for the ride of my life. Can't wait for that. She's our "creative" one. She lives in a fantasty world most of the time and doesn't focus well on anything but the tv. She makes up all kinds of stories already.

Well as far as my diet, I've been doing well.........kind of. We went to Bandido's Mexican restaurant last night and all I had was a grilled chicken and jack sandwich without the bun, no fries, and a handful(small) of tortilla chips with salsa. Normally I can eat 2 bowls of chips all by myself. But after a few chips, yuck, they tasted awful. I think my tastes are finally changing. I don't crave the junk anymore.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Time to go start my fairytale life as a stay at home mom slave....
Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #13  

Talking Good News

Hi everyone,

Well, I had some good news yesterday. Before I went on my six-week sick leave with my foot injury, I joined a weight loss challenge at work. I weighed in at 216. That was somewhere around April 1. Then the middle of April to the begining of June I was off work, couldn't do much in the way of exercise (not that I do much when I am feeling fine anyway-lol), and got put on meds that made me gain weight. I would guess I went up to around 225. Well, yesterday was the final weigh in day for the challenge, and though I know I didn't loose anything, I wanted to weigh in and see what I weighed.

Guess What? I weighed in at exactly 216. Man, did that make me feel good. Even though officially i didn't loose anything for the challenge, I actually lost probably 10 pounds all together. The last time I weighed was at the drs office at 223 I think, and that was before the meds. So saying I was around 225 is purely a guess. Either way, I'm back to where I started.

So, starting today, my official starting weight is 216. My heaviest that has been recorded was 227 about 4 or 5 years ago. My goal is to get down to 150. My first 'mini-goal' is to get down to a size 20 by end of July (at 22 right now). I don't know if I should weigh weekly, and have a goal with the weight, or use sizes as a goal. I need to get a scale if I'm going to do any kind of weighing, or stop at the drs. office once a week. I like to see the numbers go down, but used to obsess about it. I guess I will see what works best for me in the long run.

Anyway, that is my good news! Hope everyone has a great weekend, and a happy 4th of July!!

Kim
Old 07-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #14  
banned

Way to go Kim!!!!!! I'm sure that brightens up your day. I haven't lost anything in over a week, might of even gained a pound. I'm not too worried because I tend to lose 4 or 5 pounds at once when I do.

Things have calmed down around here finally. We are getting ready for a 4th of July barbecue at my sisters house Tuesday. She has an inground pool. Of course the downside is, we have to listen to how many new things they have bought since Christmas.....spend, spend, spend is they're motto.

Happy 4th of July a bit early to all!!!

Tami
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #15  
banned

Happy 4th of July!!! Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

Hubby has decided that we are taking the kids camping this weekend. This should be fun, LOL We are going up to East Harbor State Park in Ohio. Its on Lake Erie and looks like it should be a nice place to pitch a tent. My guess is despite my best efforts, my diet will go to ****. I'm planning on taking some chicken and vegetables, hamburger (no bun for me) and plenty of low calorie snacks. And a big bowl of watermelon and cantaloupe. My little ones are sooo excited right now. My five year old son is counting the days until we leave Friday morning. I am debating whether to take my laptop or not, the camp store area of the park has free wifi access but hubby will not be happy. Camping is supposed to be a time to kick back and enjoy (sit on your *** time) yourself.

I am still at 172 no matter what. Hopefully the scale will move downwards soon before I do what I always do and quit.

Happy greetings to all, I'm outta here.
Closed Thread