South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Very Long Weekend Thread!

Since it'a a four day weekend for some of our American chicks and a three day one for Canadians, this thread may be short or long, depending on how much we cluck!

Last night was a great clear night so I put out the cushions just to give myself one less thing to do this morning. Of course it rained! The sun is a blazin' right now so stuff should dry out before my company arrives.

The Hyper Pypers arrive at noon with two teens, a wired dog who is Lucy's littermate and their big boat. We are off to a BBQ on Big Rideau Lake at a $2.5M "cottage", which I am dying to see! After that we go out in the boat to see the fireworks display - an annual event which involves birthday toasts in champagne. I am very glad I'm not the designated driver! Seeing the fireworks reflected in the lake is just magical!

Right now I need to do a bit of a scurry to get organized for company. I confess that I still have stuff piled on the guest room bed so that had better go. The Pypers are bringing a tent but I think just the kids will be sleeping there. This family is very casual so we'll play it by ear. When they are here, I have so much fun that I am able to ditch my control freak tendencies!

What's happening on your homefront this Canada Day and July 4th Weekend?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #2  

Happy Canada Day!!! to all our Nawthin' Friends...!

Ruth- How I wish I could be on that "boot" to see the fireworks, it does indeed sound breathtaking! I wish I could say we had something spectacular planned, but DH is on call the whole holiday... Which is ok-- the extra $$$ will be well worth it. We have some local BBQs planned...

This morn I'm heading out to get some weeding done before it gets to blasted hot! Another cuppa cawfee, and I'll be raring to go!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #3  

Morning Schatzi and Ruth!

Ruth That sounds like so much fun- enjoy!

Schatzi We are laying low as well since DH has to work. We have something planned for Monday, and then probably hanging at my mom's pool on Tuesday. Since we leave for NY on Thrusday we are trying to keep money spending at a minimum.

Staying close to home today- more laundry and just keeping up with the place. I am going to start going through our garage to begin a corner of things we can sell in a garage sale. I have never had one before or even bought anything at one, so am not sure how to price things.

Have a good day all.....
Old 07-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Since it'a a four day weekend for our American chicks
For what it's worth it's NOT a four day weekend for most of us American chicks unless we take a vacation day on Monday, which I am doing. For most of us Monday is a work day; Tuesday the holiday.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Misti. I knew that but also noticed lots of folks booked Monday as a holiday. Enjoy your time off.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning ladies..

Looks like the weekend is a long one huh? I dont have much plans for this weekend, Next weekend is the eventfull days...We are having a ride on out property the POWDERPUFF RIDE!
Old 07-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Thanks, Misti. I knew that but also noticed lots of folks booked Monday as a holiday. Enjoy your time off.
That's true!!! A lot of us did!! I was fortunate to be one of them, kind of at the last minute. I hadn't planned to waste the vacation day and was surprised only one other person in my dept (out of five of us) had booked the day off so I was able to get it late!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holiday? What holiday?

I worked Friday, work Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #9  

Default Happy Fourth of July!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend/holiday! I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone! It's been a while with a hectic workweek and just trying to stay on plan. I can't believe it! I am actually losing inches! I am doing alot better than I thought I would and hope to step it up a notch by beginning to daily walks (of course wheeling for me) at the local park. I think that should help speed up my metabolism a bit being that the only exercise I am able to get is from wheeling. My 18 yr old has said he will join me in this effort. So, wish me luck !
Enough about me, what is everyone up to this wonderful weekend? I just want to thank everyone for this really supportive place. I believe this is making the difference this time on my journey to lose! THANKS THANKS THANKS! I cant say it enuff

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #10  

Can I celebrate both Canada day AND the fourth? I was born in Montreal...but have lived in the states since I was a wee one. I've actually got Monday off as our bosses decided to just be nice this year! WOOHOO!!

We don't have much planned... I do want to lay out in the sun a bit with a good read. I used to be a sun worshiper as a teen, (grew up in so. cal)... but I gave it up in my 20's. I'm very fair skinned...but lately I've been feeling "pasty" and need a little color. I'll be off to the store in a bit to get some new sunscreen, and to the library for a book!

Last night, I picked up an old cross stitch project that I had put away a few years ago, and got hooked (again). I find it very relaxing, but never really make the time for it, so I plan on doing some of that as well!

We're not sure what we're doing for the Fourth yet. DD really doesn't care too much for fireworks...they sort of scare her, so we're still trying to figure it out.

Went to Farmers' market yesterday during my lunch hour and picked up lots of yummy squash and peppers and onions, so DH will have to fire up the grill this evening. YUM!!!!

Ruth, that boat ride/view sounds amazing!!

Kiko -- have fun with the garage sale prep!! I've only had one, and I recruited my girlfriend who is VERY outgoing to be there to do the haggling with people. She lives for that kind of stuff, and to me, I was dreading it!! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carol
Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yeay, now I have 4 brand new tires on my car! I'd better not get any more flats, I've had way more than my share of them in the past 2 years!
Happy Canada Day, Ruth, it sounds like you're going to have a fun-packed day!
Schatzi ~ Enjoy your weeding, I'm going out there as soon as Jake is finished mowing to deadhead my plants and see what else needs to be done.
Hi, Crockett, Weezle, and Erial Rose you too, Misti!
Kiko ~ Garage sales are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! We usually have a neighborhood wide garage sale every year, and I always look forward to it. Remember to price your items to go, and you'll take a big loss on them, but it all adds up surprisingly. Have fun!

Gotta run before Jake finds out I'm just sitting here loafing around! Monica and Carley are coming out later today and we're BBQing on the grill. Caitlyn comes home Thursday, and I can't wait to see her again! I really, really miss her, but she's having a blast in France!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yikes, Kaeurl, how did I miss you? Hi!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #13  

Old 07-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #14  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Well this long weekend I have to deep clean my house, do laundry and hopefully go grocery shopping. On the 4th we are going to a thing with skydivers, a circus, and of course fireworks.

My house as it is in chaos. I've had some friends/neighbors staying with me since Tuesday night. Most of the chaos was caused by the little girl, since my house isn't exactly child proof as I don't have any kids yet. Plus she's decided twice to take her diaper off and use my carpet as a potty, it wasn't pee. I love helping them out and having them over, but it will be nice to have a break from chaos.

Monday I start back up on my walkimg program; and get back on track with south beach.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

It's so nice to have Canadian neighbors, aye?! We get fireworks tonight & Tuesday...Happy Canada Day to you all!
Taking the kids to pick strawberries & then make homemade sf jam.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Closed Thread