Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #1  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Let's talk about scales.....

I'm pulling my hair out, trying to get a good reading on my scale. Although it's extremely accurate, I can't always read that darn needle! I'm looking to buy a digital scale and want to know what the best brand out there is. I want quality and accuracy.

So tell me, who's happy with their scale (digital only) and what make is it? Time to start seeing my weightloss more clearly instead of playing that dreadful guessing game.

Thanks!
feelingroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

The scale I have is a Danze. I got it at either Walmart or Zellers and was rather inexpensive. Maybe around $20. I've had it awhile so I can't be too sure on the price. I find it is very close to my weight when I weigh in at Weight Watchers. Less then a pound. Probably more like 0.2-0.4 pounds either way. I can usually tell if I'm up or down on it and can pin point the amount of weight I lose or gain.

Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I LOVE my scale. It was a 'house warming' present when my boyfriend and I first moved out together 6 months ago. I think it was my gramma's hint that I needed to lose weight, haha.

I have a Health O Meter Weight Tracking Scale. It stores information for up to 4 people, you enter your height and you can save your weight and track your loss. And it also shows you your BMI. And it measures in .2 pounds. I weight my hand weights on it, and it was pretty much dead on. I think it might of been .2 pounds heavy.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #4  

I vote with Courtnie--I have the same Healthometer scale; it is exactly correct all the time. . . we check it often with 5 and l0 lb. dumbbells.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #5  

I have a Tanita and it works very well for me.
1TiredGradStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I just have a digital scale from Walmart--HealthOMeter brand. It was maybe 20 bucks or so. I've had it for over a year, and it is always accurate. When my TOPS group scale says I lost a pound, so does my home scale (and when I gain, of course). It weighs to the 1/2 pound. I sometimes get off and on it about 4 or 5 times because I think I should weigh more (or less), and it always gives me the same reading, unlike some I've had in the past that will literally give you a different number every time you step on it
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I had a cheap spring scale ($6 type) that I used for a month or two before I splurged on my current Tanita digital. It was expensive. I'm glad I have it, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out losses with that wiggling, hard to read dial on the first scale. Another shock, my Tanita showed me at a weight 9 lbs higher than the spring scale. It measures to 0.2 lb.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I HATE my scales! They seem to be stuck, lol! Just kidding...had some old cheap $20 one that never was right and always wanted to throw out the window. Now I have a Homedics BMI digital scale and I am happy with it. It records your weight and bmi so you know what you weighed the week or day/month before rather than writing it down. I think they were around $40, $45 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I've not checked them for accuracy, probably should...just figured they were.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #9  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have a Homedics scale that I got a Bed Bath and Beyond for around $30 that I 'm pretty happy with. I think it was the cheapest digital scale they sold. It doesn't do anything fancy, just tells me my weight in .5 increments. It does seem to be accurate--I don't get different readings if I step on and off it and it agrees with the scale at my gym. I got it about 8 months ago, so I can't say how it will hold up in the long run.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/223/160

I have the Tanita digital and love it bit pricey at $40-$50 bucks but well worthit I have had mine for 1.5 years and still accurate. while I was prego and got weighed by dr. every two week i would weigh myself at hime befor I went and was alway with in 2 tenth of a lb. Plus it has a memory and you can put in your goal weight and it will let you know how much you have to go.
Moore2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #11  
Have you exercised today?

S/C/G: 271/170/170

Height: 5'8"

I have been using the same scale for almost 3 years now every single morning. I hope it never dies or I'll be lost. LOL!! It's a digital but was only $20 I think. It's a Taylor Lithium scale and it weighs to the half pound. Some day I may splurge on a Tanita but I just can't seem to give up my Taylor scale. LOL!! I am such a scale whore. LOL!! I have to get on it every morning to monitor my weight.
FairyWinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #12  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

I love my Tanita, bought it on Amazon with free ship. It was co-branded with Jenny Craig, although I don't care a thing about that.

It has 3 "modes", regular, which shows everything. (start/current/goal/progress in 4 different steps/% and amount lost from day 1/% and amount lost from last weigh in) It even gives you an apple icon when you loose the first 5% of your weight! The second "mode" does the same but has a privacy or weightless feature so you or anyone else doesn't see the weight, only your progress...my favorite since numbers play on my mind. It also has "just the weight" mode for the pureist

It's accurate and easy to program.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #13  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Thank you everyone!! You've helped tremendously! Now I need to make a decision....and I'm the worst at that! Sounds like most of you are really happy with what you've got! Been pricing them and man, are they expensive, for the most part! I'm sure I'll find the right one for me. At least I've narrowed down my choice to a couple....I think. lol.

Thanks again!
feelingroovy is offline   Reply With Quote