Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 07:08 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Talking *****week of 25th November*****

Morning all

Well I think I may be back to normal now (but I don't hold out much hope). The online Nokia game finished on Friday and it was a.....well I will give you the proposed scenario and the actual senario

Proposed
600,000 in 28 countries playing a realtime online game. The game has 3 phases - phase 1 lasts 15 minutes, you are automatically transmitted to phase 2 which you must complete in 60 minutes and then straight to phase 3, where you answer 20 multiple questions covering the 3 week adventure. The game starts at 7pm and finished at 8.30pm. Nokia "warning" you must stay logged on for the whole game.

Reality
600,000 in 28 countries log on. At the end of phase 1, the majority of players are greeted with a blue screen. Guess what the Nokia servers crashed. Being obedient no one logs off and tries refreshing the screen - eventually some of the braver ones log off and realize that they have 10 minutes to complete phase 2. Nokia then send a text message to peoples phones telling them they should log out and back in again. End result - BIG FARCE. Let's just say Nokia have received some emails from us.

Anyway now I have wasted three weeks of my life for a cr@p final - it has taught me a valuable lesson - nothing in life is free and I should have just gone to the shop and bought the phone in the first place.

Hope all those who celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful time. Just think as of today, 1 month until Christmas - whoopeee!

I have made no preparations, bought no presents, nothing - guess Christmas eve might be a good place to start getting things in order.

Happyface nice to see you back - hope the bra is keeping everything in place - let me know how it goes
Pryia one day OP is great - keep it up. Okay I may be way behind, but when did you become a moderator
RR hope yo and Andrew are doing well - guess you've decided your having a boy then
LBH hope you feel better soon - is your Dr assuming you are in the RR club???????
Rabbit check out the Enell website for the sports bras - bit pricey but excellent for the more voluptuous curvaceous ladies. You may need it "Fudge"
Slutbunny expect to see regular weekly contributions - please
elissa hope your doing okay - I too have lost a bit of self control, but need to get it back and real quick too

I have not yet bought my scales, just doing price comparisons - I have seen the Ult 2000 for £44, so I think that's the one I am gonna get. I need a reality check and I think by getting on the scales will provide me with the wake up I really need. Wish me luck for tomorrow - gonna buy it then. So if you don't here from me again, the reality check and stepping on the scales "killed" me.

Hi to everyone else, take care

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 11-25-2001 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #2  
A princess in the making!

Wink BFB You are quick!

Good morning all-
1/2 way through OP day 2. And nothing is stopping me. I really like counting at night. It is so much easier for me. I just have to get through 5pm and I am on to day 3. So this way I can plan a snack at night if I want.

BFB: Girl you are quick. I became a moderator yesterday. Reason being someone posted on our thread an was really nasty so I reported it and asked if I could moderate. Because we don't need that.

BRB
Old 11-25-2001, 10:36 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!

BFB--I have to agree with the fact that nothing is free..There is always some catch to everything!!!!

WEll,off to get dressed to be somewhat productive today!!!
Vicki
Old 11-25-2001, 10:37 AM   #4  

GOOD MORNING.

I made it through yesterday being 2 points over - better than it has been, so I will take it. Glad to be counting points again. I am now at 829.531 miles. Last years' total was 879.83, so I'm hanging right in there. We made homemade egg rolls yesterday, so I made myself a big salad so I wouldn't have as many egg rolls.

BFB - glad your online game is over and you can reclaim your life. ~ Thanks for bra info - you are too funny!

Pryia - so what do you do as a moderator? ~ And congrats on this 2nd day op!

Have a good day all. All the kids leave today so it will be a busy day here.

RABBIT

Last edited by Rabbit; 11-25-2001 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:59 AM   #5  
Pink Thingy

Exclamation Invasion of the body snatchers

Most of you have read the scare-mail about the person whose kidneys
were stolen while he was passed out. While that was an "urban legend," this one is NOT. It's happening every day. I'm sending this "warning. You too may have been a victim ... read on.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night of August 3rd a few years ago. It was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had been wholly, if imperfectly, mine for years? Whose thighs were these? What happened to mine?

I spent the entire summer looking for them. I searched, in vain, at pools and beaches, anywhere I might find female limbs exposed. I became obsessed. I had nightmares filled with cellulite and flesh that turns to bumps in the night. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and Sheer Energy pantyhose.

Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again. My rear end was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches lower than the original) to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. Now my rear complemented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed that long skirts would stay in fashion.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning while fixing my hair, I watched, horrified but fascinated, as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary. My body was being replaced, cleverly and fiendishly, one section at a time. In the end, in deepening despair, I gave up my T-shirts.

What could they do to me next? Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age was supposed to creep up, unnoticed and intangible, something like maturity. NO, I was being attacked, repeatedly and without warning. That's why I've decided to share my story. I can't take on the medical profession by myself. Women of the World, wake up and smell the coffee!

That isn't really "plastic" those surgeons are using. You know where they're getting those replacement parts, don't you? The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted," look again! Was it lifted from you? Check out those tummy tucks and buttocks raisings. Look familiar? Are those your eyelids on that movie star? I think I finally may have found my thighs...and I hope that Cindy Crawford paid a really good price for them!

This is NOT a hoax! This is happening to women in every town everynight........ Warn your friends!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just knew Halle Berry had my body! Whose got yours?

I posted this under Chick Chat a little while ago, and kept on meaning to post it here. Not sure how far you all browse
Old 11-25-2001, 12:12 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I am feeling a little bit more coherent today. My throat still hurts a lot...called mom while DH was at church this AM to whine. I just wanna feel better. Starting to cough, which may be a good thing, it's helping a little to bring things up. (Sorry, I'm a nurse's kid, nothing shocks me!) I don't really wanna go to work tomorrow, but I have a lot to do, and more importantly my sweaters from Old Navy will be delivered.

BFB- I have seen that one before, it's hysterical! Sorry to hear about the Nokia mess, but I have to ask...you're willing to spend $200 or so on a cell phone, but not $90. on a scale?! that is too funny!! Yes, my doctor is assuming I'm in the RR club,...wish I was, because of the FEEP Monday night, and I may have been O-ing, but I don't think so.

Rabbit- Wow, soo many miles!! I wish I could say I did half that, but I'm sure it's much less!

Pryia- Glad you became a moderator. I saw that post and it was horrible!! Does that mean that if you see a nasty post anywhere within "30-Somethings", you can delete it? CONGRATS on Day 1 OP!!

Well, off to read the classifieds and wait for DH to wake up from nap. Want to do a drive by of a fixer-upper that's for rent in a town we love. Does anyone know how rent-to-buy deals work? I would love to find one, like this one for instance. I would rather rent-to-buy a fixer-upper, than rent to rent!

Have a great day!
Old 11-25-2001, 12:54 PM   #7  
Pink Thingy

OK - in my defence over the scale vs phone..........

First look at cost per use
Scale £90/52 (weigh in once a week) = £1.73
Phone £250/365 (use once per day) = £0.68

see, there must be some logic in there somewhere

Now I can come home and tell my hubby that I bought a phone for £250, but I could not come home and tell him I bought a scale for £90. I'm sure some of you know what I mean, that's might defence and I am sticking to it

OMG - three posts on the same thread in one day - can you tell I am back

Old 11-25-2001, 01:14 PM   #8  

Talking Okay I am back!

Okay I am back! My neighbor came over and we ran to spend the rest of the giftcard. I really needed a new radio/cd player. So I got a nice one on sale. And now I can listen to all my cd's again. When the butthead moved out last year. I let him take my cd player, since I did not have anything to hook up to it. And all the stereo equipment was his.

About the moderator. Basically if someone posts something here that is mean or out of line, I can delete it. I am hoping that we don't get to much of that. We have NEVER had a problem before. And what was said was mean and so out of line. So basically I just want us to stay our happy group we always have been. I know some of us have been around long enough to remember where on other parts of this board there were fights all the time.

Like I told Suzanne--- I love you guys. You are all my friends and I don't want to see peoples feelings get hurt because someone who does not know us comes and posts mean things. And I will be honest there have been people here who have posted things I have not agreeed with or that hurt my feelings. And I see no reason to get nasty. I just let them go.

Anyways.... LBH I hope you are feeling better. I am doing laundry today and just cleaning up around here. I should think about XMAS decoratiing but I am not so sure I want to open up that can of worms today.

BFB-I have a motorala phone and I love it. Much better than the Nokia I had.

Okay here is my vent for the day. I want the Tania scale. And I did not get one. I should have just bought it for myself. But you know I would rather have mom buy it for a gift. But instead she bought the spoiled boy something he does not need. But WANTS!! Okay so that is what grandparents are for!

Just wait RR---You will find out soon!!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 11-25-2001, 06:12 PM   #9  

Default Day 2 is over! And I did it!

Okay I made it through 2 days being OP. I had a hard time the last hour. Wanted to boredom eat. I am stressing cause I know tonight the butthead will call. I am okay though and have myself on track and ready.

Having the rest of the Turkey for tonights dinner. And then we are done for awhile. I am sick of Turkey but don't want to waste it or WAIST it!! So I am making dinner and then we will not have any for awhile. I joined a journal group where we post our daily journals. That seems to help.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday! I will be back to post again tomorrow. It does help cause I really don't want to tell you I did not stay OP.

Did anyone notice we had 2 pages last week. Come everyone keep posting---it helps!!

P
Old 11-25-2001, 08:42 PM   #10  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

HuH? What happened? I posted and then it disappeared, so if you get two from me that is what happened. I was actually in the middle of typing in this reply box when I went back down to read some more... ooooh a mystery!

Well there's NO mystery in my weigh in. I gained 3 pounds this week! So did dh so I guess we have each other to support. But now kickboxing is back (they were closed for a week) and I am going to keep drinking the water, which I have been good about for 2 days and I am going to fight hard! (my clothes are on the verge of not being wearable because they are getting too tight)

Pryia, I noticed the moderator thing too but figured I just never noticed it earlier and it was in place for a long time. Good for you I am glad you are doing that. I never saw the mean post. I am surprised we had that on our thread. Did it happen before I came back? (email me! I take that personally, as I have been here for a few years and have always felt this was a supportive, wonderful group. I am offended that it was tainted by someone) Congratulations on being OP!! You are doing great!

LBH, I am glad you are feeling better!
BFB, Welcome back! Good to see you! Sorry to hear what a mess that was!

Rabbit, you are doing great! good for you getting back on track. 2 points over is nothing. And very impressive exercise miles (also impressive that you know last year's miles!)

Can't stay tonight. Check in with you all tomorrow!

Have a great Monday!
Love,
dani
Old 11-26-2001, 01:51 PM   #11  

HI ALL!

OP yesterday -- woohoo! And I started a new exercise routine this week to shake things up - I was tired of doing the same thing. Gets boring you know? Whatever works!

All the kids are gone. Seems a little quiet here!

BFB - cute!! ~

Lauren - glad you're feeling atleast a little better! Something's really been going around. Dh has been sick for a week.

Pryia - so we had a mean post on our thread?? Now I'm curious.

Happy - Sorry about your gain. Interesting that dh gained the same amount. I face the scale on Thursday night.

have a great week all.

RABBIT
Old 11-26-2001, 03:02 PM   #12  

Morning, everyone!

I'm freshly back home from the holiday. My family spent the holiday in Florida with my other family. Lots of shopping, good (for you) food, and I even snuck out a time or two to exercise. Yippee for me.

Glad I missed the ugly post -- I figure there are already way too many ugly things in the universe so I don't need to see any more, eh? I'll admit to curiosity though.

Tonight its burgers and baked fries for dinner (10 pts). Its one of my family's favourite recipes (the burger has onions, dijon mustard and cumin mixed in) and helps me when I'm jonesin' for some red meat. Bwaha!

Off to nap now.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:29 PM   #13  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I know I shouldn't be but now I'm curious about the mean post too! I don't let that kind of stuff bother me though.

Had a pretty good weekend, even had a slice of pizza to get over the craving. It's so much better to go and get one slice than the whole pizza because that was enough (big slice) but if I had more, I would have certainly eaten more.

I seem to have lost the pound I gained last week when I was bad and I had felt myself slipping. Catching yourself after only 1 lb. is pretty good, especially for me. I just have to make sure I don't relax too much because I really want to make my modes XMAS goal. My "official" weigh in is tomorrow morning so I'll post on that thread tomorrow.

Yesterday I made the yummiest soup which should manage to be dinner for my dh and myself for the next couple of days. I'm just so bad figuring out the points though. I tried to add up all the ingredients separately but it's tough. Any suggestions? It was lots of zero point stuff like, carrots, onions, celery, parsnips etc. but there was some barley that I counted to be 8 points worth and a whole chicken. I tried to count the chicken parts like 3 for each breast etc. and I came up that the whole soup might be 20 to 25?? it's so hard with stuff like that and I know it's healthy but I'd love to know the points. I'll probably get at least 10 bowls from it so I'll count each bowl as 3 points to be safe.

SB - nice to hear back from you, sounds like you had a great long weekend.

Rabbit - I'll no longer call you Fudge since I think you're over that. Sometimes nothing can stop a binge like getting on the scale (although sometimes for me that doesn't even work). Glad you're back OP and sorry that the house is so quite now but as long as you had a good week together.....

Pryia - it's so nice to see you back regularily - I'm going to try to post more often too, it really helps. Now go out and get that scale if you want it - who said is was like $38 at Target or Walmart? For me, a good scale was the greatest purchase.

Hi to everyone I've missed, got to get back to work,
Elisa
Old 11-26-2001, 09:37 PM   #14  

Default Help!!!

Bad girl here!! I was off program!! Why cause I skipped lunch and then ate and ate and ate..... I know better. But I was so busy at work I could not help it. But I will help it from now on.

That was me about the Tania for 38.00 but since I am broke. My rent went up 300.00 yes that is correct. And I have to budget better. No money for a Scale right now. That is why I wanted mom to buy it.

S. Bunny-- glad to have you with us. Sorry I just can't write out your name. But it is cute. I hope you feel right at home here with us. We are a great bunch!!

About the bad post. Can we drop it please? I have a feeling the author is probably lurking here. And I don't want them to think we even care. It is not worth it.

Okay all have a good one!!

Old 11-27-2001, 11:31 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Home again today. Now I have sludge coming out of my eyes... don't know if it's pink eye, or just that they were itchy and I irritated them too much by scratching and rubbing, but they started getting gloopy and of course I had to walk almost blindly to the bathroom this AM to de-crust them! Sorry, graphical...

My throat is feeling much better today, but in place of that, the bad sinus headache is back, and the cough has started. So I've got the E-Mycin 3 times a day, the Robitussin CF every 4 hours and the extra strength Tylenol every 4 hours. And occasional squirt of saline nose spray, vicks and riccola throat drops. UGH...really wish someone would put me out of my misery...

Pryia- Your rent went up $300?!?! Per month, or per year?! Man, I hope it's per year!!

That bad post was just someone who has no life and has nothing better to do with themselves than to pick on other people to make themselves feel better. It was about someone specific, and it was actually really stupid, because it was directed at a comment that I actually thought was kind of cute. I'm sure that person's priviliges have been taken away, and they won't be back. We and 3FC have no patience for childishness like that.

SB- Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great holiday!

Rabbit- Good for you on the new routine. I was really looking forward to going to the gym this week, but I can't even phathom it.

Dani- Sorry to hear about the gain...that's motivation for both of you to get back on track!!

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread