Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #18

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We are back and I'm trying to get caught up on the mail and laundry. It's nice to get away but it seems to take so long to get caught up and back in the groove again. The fishing was lousy -- each family was able to have just one meal of fish. The shopping was great however! The gals play games and keep busy just visiting while the guys explored trying to find the fish. No one else was catching any either for some reason. Our cabin had been gutted and remodeled since last year with new everything -- the beds were wonderful!

While we were gone MIL decided to return to her summer lake home rather than stay in the assisted living facility. The doctor said back surgery is not an option and she has made a "miraculous" recovery which enables her to do everything she needs to do to live alone. So it is up to Bob and I to pack up the apt. and line up movers once again. At least we have the month of July since she has to give 30 days notice. I have one very frustrated husband right now and he says she will be returning to AZ this fall no matter what.

I'm sorry to read that Maggie will be MIA again.

"Gma" -- I did a quick read on #17 and thought I would start a new thread rather than chance going to a second page. It sounds like the weekend getaway was a success!

I need to get busy. Have a nice rest of the day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #2  

Good morning everybody! Jack had a sausage biscuit for breakfast this morning so my house smells like meat! UGH! Guess I will be lighting the candles today.

They are coming out Thursday to do work on my dryer. We can't get it to work properly and we have tried over and over so it is time to call in the experts. We think their is a lot of lint trapped somewhere we can't get to without taking it apart and Jack says HE won't do that. It works, heats up fine, but takes hours to dry, shuts down because it overheats so I have to open the door and let it cool for about 45 minutes before I can start it again, water condenses in the hose and also puddles out from underneath. This will give me enough time to move the dryer and clean underneath it before the guy gets here too.

Jean: Sounds like you had a good time even if you didn't get much fish. We always take a bunch of games and cards with us when we go someplace there is a group and have a lot of fun playing. One game the family used to play all the time was Scruples. We had a lot of fun with that one. I have to tell you, Jean, my brain kept niggling that MIL was going to decide not to stay put and you were going to have to go through everything again. I am sure Bob wants to pull his hair out. What a job to have to do again. She has to be one stubborn ole girl.

We should be getting a new gal here soon, I hope. She is moving over from my thread as I am shutting it down after three years. I am not getting anyone to post points, do the topic discussions or anything and sometimes go for several days and I am the only one that posts. Why bother? Susan and I posted on another thread about a year or so ago and overnight everyone quit posting but us. We don't know what happened and guess we never will. She started posting with me at my thread and I invited her over here. She is the lady whose husband is having so many physical problems with his legs and feet and such.

I am going to get back out in the pool today. I hope it isn't a total disaster over there. No one but me seems to keep it picked up and such and keep it filled and I haven't been over there since last Thursday. I, like Jean, am playing trip catch up with the laundry especially.

Hope everyone has a grand day. I am going to unload the dishwasher and reload Jack's breakfast dishes that get the dusting done downstairs before I go to the pool so better hopped to it!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #3  

Hello, ladies, I am Susan, the lady Faye was telling you about. I would love to come here and hopefully have something worthwhile to say. I'm a little afraid because as Faye said she and I have been on 2 threads together. I'd had to think it is the combination that is closing threads down!

Faye has been an inspiration to many people and I feel I am one lucky lady to know here. She has gotten me through some very difficult times with my husband's health over the past year.

I'll go back and read some of the previous threads and then tell you a little more about myself.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly and it is a beautiful day in my neighborhood! I'm doing laundry and sorting through my box of school stuff; I pitched most of it at school, but have to move the box out of the bedroom for when Beth arrives tomorrow.

"Gma" -- I hope the repairman can find/fix your dryer problem. I want a dryer that the door opens down rather than out as I tend to drop clean items on the grubby cement floor when I'm trying to pull something else out. Bob says if that's my only problem, I don't really have much to complain about. He's right, I could be hanging the laundry outside like my mom used to. We are not surprised that MIL wanted to go back to the lake but we were under the impression it would only be for a couple days at a time and that she planned to move out of AZ completely. Silly us! We haven't heard a word from her since we got home and that's good -- gives us some cooling off time. I guess we are taking the car up to her on Friday. With Beth coming and Bob working, there just isn't any other time to do it and we don't plan on going up over the weekend.

Susan -- Welcome! We are always glad to have new flowers join us! CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing weight loss! Any tips you have to share would be most welcome! I see by your picture that you must like cats too. My husband is Bob and we have two children. Jason is married to Amanda while Beth is living with Will. (It's not our choice but they have two children and he is good to Beth, Maddy, and Kolby. They are engaged and plan to set a date soon.) Jason and Amanda have Ian and Zowie. We live within an hour of both families so see them often. We have one cat (down from 3 last summer at this time) named "Mom" who was a pregnant stray that adopted us. I work with high school special ed. students and will have a completely different schedule this fall so I'm not sure what to expect. Please post often!

I need to keep moving. Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow . . . why do the summer days have to go by so fast?

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #5  

Morning gals! I can't say it is a good morning considering, but the phone didn't ring in the middle of the night so that part is good. Jack called me from his cell phone yesterday morning and said he was on his way home, he was having chest pains. I had just gotten out the shower to answer the phone so I hurried around and got dressed and called his cardiologist and they said to take him to the emergency room when he got to the house. We went to the emergency room (this hospital has a separate "chest pain" emergency room where no one waits) and I let Jack out and went and parked the car. They already had his EKG leads hooked up by the time I got into the room. His EKG and blood work looked good as well as his chest xray. We sat around all day in the triage room waiting for Jack to be admitted, which they finally did around 3:30 PM. The pain was less severe than when he had his heart attack and when his cardiologist came to see him, told him they were going to do another heart catherization at noon today, so that's where we are at the present time. They think maybe his stent has failed is messed up or that he has a blockage in a smaller artery. They gave him nitro, which gave him a huge headache and were trying to help him with that when I left. They had taken off the patch as it hadn't helped, washed his arm, then gave him tylenol and when that didn't work Lortab, which didn't work either so they then put an ice bag on his forehead. He hadn't had anything but a turkey sandwich at around 2 PM to eat so he had a good dinner at 6:30. I am hoping the combination of things helped him get rid of the headache. My dd has been amazing and brought him a gift bag with his favorite puzzles, magazine, lip balm, etc in it and got me one as well. She sat with us until I wanted to head home, then took me out to dinner and brought me back to the hotel to pick up my car. She is planning on being with me this morning. I came home and took care of the animals, paid some bills to mail out tomorrow, talked to my sister then a friend from Indiana on the phone then vacuumed the downstairs because I hadn't gotten it finished yesterday morning. I folded clothes, put another load in the dryer and took the folded ones upstairs and put them away, set the alarm for 5:30 and laid in bed and worried until around 11:30. Kept looking at the clock every half hour or so and finally gave it up at 3:30 and came downstairs. I think I am going to make myself a nice strong cup of tea and get some crackers and sit down and try and relax for a few minutes than get the downstairs mopping done and the garbage taken out to the corner for pick up today. I know I need rest and if they are going to keep him past today, I am going to have to take a pill and go to bed earlier tonight. There is just so much to keep track of with calling relatives and talking to all of them, especially my son, who was really worried yesterday, poor thing. He wasn't home last night so I left him a long message and I will try and call him this morning.

Jean: I always get tickled at your "pitching." I cannot believe your house isn't stripped bare yet from all the pitching you do. I am sure it would have been nice for your MIL to at least lasted until the end of the year! I remember you shopping for all the nice things for her apartment, new bedding and such to make it a nice home for her. Ah, well, who knows what crazy stuff we will get into when we get to that age. It isn't as far off as we think, I guess!

Susan: Good to see you found us! Jean and I are daily posters, than Gloria peeks in when she can, our Maggie is incommunicado at the moment living somewhere without electricity again, then Gail has disappeared on us completely. Jean and I keep each other company so it will be good to have another someone to talk to . Jean is a WW girl too as is Maggie so you guys are all on the same program.

Thomas made the sweetest card for his Granddad and had his mom give it to me to give to him. It says "Get Well Soon" on the front with a smiley face than on the inside left he made a heart then wrote Thomas and on the right he wrote I heart you and a bunch of XX's and OO's. He is such a sweet little boy.

I am going to get cracking with my morning chores so you all have a good day and I will let you know what happens with Jack after his catherization today.

Take care and have a good day

Faye
Old 06-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #6  

Good morning, flowers!

Jean got it right - I am a cat person, currently owned by Cupid (he has a heart in the fur in the middle of his back!) who used to live 2 doors down from us and when they got a dog, he decided to move in with us. He definitely wants to be an only child and requires tons of attention. I am a WW since 1971, currently doing a combination of WW Core and South Beach (just combined the food lists) and have pretty much figured out what works for me although I'm still wanting to get 10 more pounds off. I was at goal for more than 20 years, developed a recurrence of asthma and had to go on steroids and gained over 40 pounds in 2 months. Have struggled to get it off - never could get points to work for me - until Core came out. Just what I needed.
I am married to Stan who is disabled. He is was a Chef at a major hotel for many years. He has congestive heart failure, renal failure, and developed vascular problems earlier this year. I think Faye has posted about his problems. He has been in the hospital this time since May 29, completely bedridden. They removed part of the bottom of his heal, abut 3/8 inch deep and are trying to get it and other sores on his foot and lower leg to heal now that he has had a double bypass in his leg. Probably 4-6 more months of completely being off that foot, not even allowed to have the heal tough the bed. They made him a special orthapedic device that holds it up. Due to his other problems, he has gone from 235 to 147 in the past year. So when he is home, I'm trying to fatten him up a little while I'm slimming down. We have no children, were both only children so now have no family. Just the 2 of us. I currently have a fulltime job as Office Manager and Network Administrator.

Faye, you know I have included you and Jack in my prayers and I emailed you as well. Hoping you get only good news today.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers! It was another beautiful day in my neighborhood! I moved the rest of the excess out of the bedroom and vacuumed up the fur hunks throughout the house. Tonight it looks like a disaster area . . . I don't know how two small children can spread the clutter around so much. I don't really mind except I'm the one to put it all back after they leave. Kolby is fascinated with everything he shouldn't be . . . must be a male thing.

I tried to get in here earlier today and the site wasn't available.

"Gma" -- What a scary ordeal for you and Jack! I hope that whatever is wrong can be fixed. He is where he needs to be and you both are in my prayers! For a start I am pitching all of the paper stuff that I don't take time to read during the school year and think that I will get to it sometime. I just found a couple of newspapers from when we were in Maui. Now that is bad! My spare bedroom is just too handy to "dump" in! Bob says to just pitch the junk mail without opening it but I can't do that. I rip everything at least in half; I don't want anybody signing me up for something! If I could just have a week or two, without any interruptions, I think I could have the clutter conquered and the Good Will boxes ready! Then it will be picking out paint and carpet for two of the bedrooms. The border is coming loose in the bathroom so I want to take that off (and paint) before card club next March. (I'm planning ahead!) It is never ending, that's for sure! I'm sure you are the Queen of Clean . . . wish you lived closer so I could hire you!

Susan -- Cupid sounds like a smart cat! I love the name! I am an "only" also. I was also an only grandchild and niece on my mom's side of the family. I never thought I was spoiled but now realize that there were some advantages along the way. My mom died 14 years ago and my dad will be gone 4 years this fall. I really felt like an orphan except that I have a wonderful stepmom. My husband is one of four; two live in AZ and one lives in MT. They are not close at all -- I am sure the middle two belong to the milkman because they are so very different from Bob and his younger brother. I definitely got the pick of the litter! I'm sorry to hear about Stan's health problems. I'm sure they are a daily challenge for you both. {{HUGS}} I'm not a good WWer . . . I hate to journal even though I know it works. My leader is not very good/enthusiastic so I don't stay for the meetings. Just weighing in seems to keep me on track, but then I get lazy/lax so have to regroup and try to get the motivation back. I wish it were as easy to lose as it was to gain the extra pounds.

I think I am going to head off to bed. I have a headache tonight and it is stuffy upstairs. Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 06-28-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:54 AM   #8  

Jean, it was a pleasure to meet you! I have a sewing room (I'm a big quilter) that is constantly in need of tidying (can't find anything when it is too neat) and an office that has become a junk room. My husband has always been a packrat and now I am slowly getting rid of things. I have reached a stage in my life where I can't stand clutter, don't want "stuff" sitting all over the place and only minimal furniture. I think I'd be happy living in a 4 room apartment (got to have space for my quilting). If they ever get any senior housing around here that isn't for the destitute or rich, I'm signing up.

Faye, I hope no news is good news...

I won't be around again until next Wednesday. Getting some medical things taken care of, having a quote on some home repairs we need, and just cleaning house for my mini vacation from work.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #9  

Good morning gals! Short and sweet this AM as I am waiting for the dryer guy to show up. I am cutting and pasting from the other thread the info on Jack and it is all good. I will get back in here later.

Jack is back home and is doing fine. They ran 3 hour heart blood enzymes for 24 hours, had him on a heparin drip, chest xray and EKg. All these were normal. They did a heart catherization yesterday and it was fine. Dr Anderson said he made sure there was nothing and that whatever the pain was, it WASN'T his heart, thank God. He had a couple little short pains yesterday evening at the hospital but nothing since then. Thanks for all the prayers. He is home btw and is off work until Monday so may whatever it is will work itself out by then.

We were both so pooped we went to bed at 8 PM and slept clear through until about 5 when Jack said his back was hurting from being in bed so much so I got up too and started in.

I will talk at everyone later.

Faye
Old 06-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #10  
Web Nana

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth but have been experiencing some reaction to new Glaucoma medicine. the old medicine had not changed the pressure numbers to any degree so am on this new med and it sure makes me sleepy. While on the computer, watching TV or reading.....only a few minutes and I am asleep. If this med works on the pressure numbers I guess I will live with it but if nothing changes I will ask to go back to the old med.

Faye: So happy with your report that Jack is back home and they found nothing significant at the hospital. It could be that Jack need to find a less strenuous position so as not to put such a strain on his heart. In the meantime I hope he will be able to take a few days off and get some rest.
Did you get you dryer fixed? We just had our oil burner checked out, a once a year service that we get on a contract and they checked the oil tank. Found it is in poor condition and needs to be replaced. The fellow came the other day and said that it could not come in through the cellar door...door is too small. The house is about 75 years old and I'd bet the tank is about that age as well...it probably was installed before they closed up the basement. We will likely have to have it come in the front door straight to the kitchen and then down the cellar stairs. This will entail moving the kitchen stove as the turn to the stairs is too tight without moving it. It never rains but what it pours. Oh, well, Faye, if they move the stove then I can clean behind it.......Oh Queen of Clean....

Jean: I hope mil wil not change her mind again.....enough is enough! We watch Sean & Kerri for a while today but that is nothing like when they were young...Sean is 14 & Kerri is 12. She had a friend pick her up for a day trip to the State House so it was only Sean and he is a real delight and gentleman...just getting too tall, I really have to look up to him.

Susan: Welcome to our group! As you can tell I don't get here all that often but I do read more often. I am from Ma. and married with 4 grown children who are also married and we have 9 grand kids. Unlike Jean, most of ours are out of the toddler stage and fast approaching the teen years. they do keep us busy. Hope your DH finds some relief from his many medical problems and you have a nice mini vacation.

Gloria in MA
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers! It is hot in my corner of the world tonight! I turned the air on this afternoon and the bedrooms are finally cooling down. Beth and the kids left after supper and I've been picking up and putting back stuff that I put "up" just in case. Bob mopped my floor because we were sticking in several different spots. We took the boat out this afternoon and I think the fresh air and hot sun made me tired as I could easily take a nap.

Susan -- The assisted living facility where MIL lived for a month is really nice. They have daily activities planned and will take residents wherever they need/want to go. The big attraction for me would be having someone else do the cooking! Enjoy your time off and I hope the medical procedures go well.

"Gma" -- I'm so glad Jack is home and on the mend. It is good that his doctor was so thorough with him.

Gloria -- It's nice to see your post tonight! I hope you can get the oil tank in without too much trouble. Having the space behind the stove clean would be a plus! I can't get my stove nor refrigerator out by myself so have to catch Bob in the mood to help me.

Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow -- we are taking OUR car to MIL tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #12  

Good morning gals! It was so nice to come in here and the Magnolias thread be nice and full of posts from different people.

Gloria: I got a tickle out of the stove comment as I moved the dryer out and swept and mopped and got down on my hands and knees and cleaned what the mop didn't. All for a technician who came in, I explained the problem, he took off the vent hose, emptied the water, turned on the dryer, turned it off and told me the dryer is fine, the vent going outside is clogged! Cost me $45 for that (we have a home warranty) and it is going to cost another $130 for a duct cleaner to come out and clean the duct! At least there is nothing I feel I have to clean for them to do that! I have been meaning to ask you if you ever go to any of the military retired seminars they have as the military bases. Maybe they don't have them in your area. The Navy base has them a couple times a year and we got a card a week ago that they are having one the end of July. I think we are going so we can get info on Tricare for Life and such. We are a bit fuzzy on having to switch over to Medicare and Tricare for Life especially since I am younger and will have to stay on Tricare Prime for 4 years after Jack becomes Medicare age. I cannot believe I am actually approaching all that a bit down the road. I used to think when I became AARP age it would be the end of life for me and I am already almost three years past that! I always tease Jack because at a lot of restaurants he is able to get senior meals. We already get the AARP rate at hotels as I am a member and have their life insurance.

Today is the dark day to go to the commissary. Can't say I am looking forward to it, but it has to be done. Jack told me he would take me to see the movie CARS to take the sting off! We'd take Thomas, but he has already seen it. I want to get out in the pool as I have missed most of the week, but I want to get the shopping done as it is going to be so very hot again today.

Susan: You will be happy to know that Jack sat with me and we picked out recipes for dinner from my lowfat cookbooks and I am armed with a grocery shopping list so I can get us back on a weight loss program. I have never cooked with wine and I have two recipes that use burgundy so it should be interesting to see how I do with them. Jack has always wanted to learn to cook so I am going to get him going on some of this. I keep telling him we ought to find some cooking classes to take together someplace. I don't know where they might have them though. I know Stan is anxious to get home and in his own bed (so to speak) and you have to be glad you don't have to keep up that insane hospital visit schedule. I hope they get all the visiting nurse stuff figured out for you.

Jean: I used to do that when Thomas was little then put everything back when he was gone. I don't have a problem telling them not to touch, but for heaven's sake if it is something important to you, move it I say! I have several pieces of LLadro that sits in the entranceway and I have only had one child ever touch them. I even had a day care a couple decades ago now and everyone but one child left them alone. She broke a leg off one of the little girls I have. Thank goodness Thomas is now at an age where he picks up after himself. It is more the adults that make messes I think.

Everyone have a great Friday and I will talk with you later. I want to get my morning chores done and than sneak out to the pool for even 20 minutes.

Faye
Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #13  

Morning ladies! I am still trying to catch up on lost sleep when Jack was in the hospital so I went ot bed early and snoozed right to 5 AM. I have lots of things I would like to get done today, including a nice hour in the pool. I had to cut short yesterday and I would like to get a full one in today and I HAVE to get upstairs and do the bathrooms and the dusting.

We went to see CARS yesterday and it was so cute. If you have kids or grandkids it is a good, for all ages, movie. Larry the Cable guy, if you know who he is, plays the wrecker Tow-Mater and goes by "mater." You may have to live in the south to get the joke, but the redneck crowd calls tomatoes, maters. My aunt, who lives in western Arkansas always calls them maters. Anyway, it is an adorable movie and even has some NASCAR celebrities and at least one Formula One racer doing some of the voices. George Carlin plays a hippy volkswagon van that sells organic gas, Cheech Marin a souped up Mexican car who does custom paint jobs( I don't know what you call these cars but they are the ones with the shocks that make the cars go up in the air, etc.) Paul Newman is an old Hudson that was a former racing champ and on and on. It is a cute cute movie.

You ladies would have gotten a laugh at Jack and I going to the liquor store. We were definitely out of our element. We needed a bottle of burgundy for a couple of lowfat meals I have planned and we walked like "deers in the headlights" around this big liquor store trying to figure out where the heck it was and would it be labeled as a burgundy or something else. A young woman finally rescued us and got us what we needed.

I guess I better get going. I need to change out Butterscotch's litter box today, which is a chore I always love!

Have a great day and talk to you soon!

Faye
Old 07-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #14  

Good Evening, Flowers! It has been a warm one again today as well as yesterday. We took the car up to MIL's for the main part of the day. CRS has set in and I don't remember what we did the rest of the day! I think we are both still tired from having grandkids here for 2 days. I know I don't sleep as well; I suppose I am listening for one of them to wake up during the night. Today was my day to work in the hospital gift shop and then we went to an 80th birthday luncheon for our "nice" neighbor. We needed some information on the boat innards so travelled back up to MIL's; she has broken out in a rash. She's calling it hives and then said she ate alot of strawberries the night before. If she has hives they are nothing close to what Bob's looked like. Bob told her over the phone what OTC med he takes. Of course she didn't do what he told her so we went to town and got the stuff. *sigh* I do feel sorry for her because she doesn't feel good, but she won't listen. She sits there with just a fan running and it's hotter than the dickens. She has an air conditioner but she didn't think it was too bad yet!

"Gma" -- Bob cleans our dryer vent out a couple times a year. He ties an old bath towel on the end of a piece of clothesline rope and pulls it through the tube. Our's has a 90 degree corner so does accumulate quite a bit. I've never cooked with wine so I would be in the same boat as you! I thought you could buy cooking wine in the grocery aisle . . . shows how much I know. Let us know how the recipes turn out!

I'm ready for a nap! Hope you all have a super Sunday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #15  

Good morning flowers! Hope this day is starting out well for you! We did just a bit of leftover grocery shopping yesterday, I got the upstairs baths cleaned and the dusting done, and we watched the NASCAR race last night. Our favorite driver won, which was nice. We also watched an interesting program about Ben Franklin on the History channel. He was a busy busy guy all his life. Invented lots of things we still use today, besides all his political work and his newspaper, school and almanac.

Jean: I watch food network a lot and they say to NEVER use the stuff in the grocery stores as it is pretty vinegary and not really good to use. We only paid about $7 for the bottle of burgundy so that was pretty reasonable. I did tell her it was for cooking not drinking so that is probably why she gave me a cheaper bottle. I am going to make something called garlic wine beef with vegetables. I am so mad at myself though for buying the flank steak, rump roast, and pork tenderloin at Krogers. I thought the commissary might not have them. I think I paid about $45 total for the three pieces of meat at Krogers. It would have cost me half that at the commissary. While I was shopping, Jack went to see if they had it. I think my flank steak was about $13 before tax and the commissary had it for around $7.50 and you don't pay tax! I guess that will teach me. Bob must get totally frustrated with his mother. She sounds like a real corker. I cannot believe she sits in the heat instead of using her air conditioner. When I was a junior and senior in high school and lived with my grandparents, who were early 80's at the time, we didn't have AC in the house. My grandfather was fairly wealthy, but he WOULD NOT use the AC in the car when we went anywhere. We used to go to Arkansas every year in the summer and here were three teenagers, one of whom was a pretty big boy, squashed in the back seat for like 14 hours with no AC. It was miserable. On top of that, we used to fight who would have to sit behind grandpa. Grandma never drove, though she could. Anyway, he was a tobacco chewer and used to spit tobacco juice out the window and it would come back in through the back window and whack you in the face! You would not get restroom breaks either unless he stopped for gas and he had this huge Pontiac Catalina so those were few and far between. He didn't believe in restaurants so he would pull to the side of the road and we would eat off the back of the car whatever grandma had brought with her. I have to say we ate well, but those trips were something else. No interstate all back two lane roads!!!! I did learn what cotton and sorghum plants looked like. My relatives were pretty "country" and that was an experience. They had an outhouse, coon dog, the whole shebang. Boy was THAT culture shock. I had never been anywhere in the south before that time and they lived in this teeny tiny town of about 600 or so people I guess. I have to tip my hat bigtime to them as they were how I eventually met Jack, though!

Well, I see it is 6:30 so I guess I should get my daily chores downstairs finished so around 7:30 I can go out and swim. It is near 80 degrees already this morning!!! Be good pool weather, though. At least the June bugs are gone for the season. They get really bad in the pool in June.

Have a great Sunday everybody and I will see you later!

Faye