Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #1  
Beer Belly Be Gone

Unhappy Moodiness

Hello again... Not to sound redundant or anything (I did do some digging around in past threads but found nothing) but I have a question regarding mental side effects. I know you get headaches and perhaps some lethargic feelings but what about moodiness? The past weekend (I started SBD on Thursday 6/8/06) I have been a pain in the butt. I have been really touchy and snapping at my boyfriend. And just annoyed by those around me. Is this normal or do I have a bad case of PMS? harr harr....Thanks!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/144/140

Ugh, yeah I remember that too (although I am often moody so it was no surpise to my dear hubby).

It's normal. I felt like an addict going through withdrawls for the first week. by the end of the third week I felt better than I had ever remembered feeling.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm not doing SBD but Atkins and I was definitely moody that first week. I think it was such a drastic change in how I eat. I notice now that if I get off-program and restart that I get moody all over again. Good luck and it should pass.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Sugar withdrawls!!! Hang in there!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #5  
Beer Belly Be Gone

Oh good!! I'm not going crazy again.

Valrock - thanks for the multi-vitamin suggestion. It DOES help a lot.

Lillybelle - You look great!

Hart - Same here but I had controlled my outbursts. I think my BF thought, oh no not again! LOL
Old 06-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

OMG I thought I was the only one..I'm on day 3 of phase 1 and am having anxiety...well I don't know if that counts as moodiness...but I am so moody...I was mad earlier and didn't know why
Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/211.9/150

Default It's the sudden withdrawal of carbs

Carbs help naturally regulate seratonin -- the chemical in our bodies that control moods and emotions. So the sudden withdrawal of carbs could easily result in moodiness. I'm on week 2 and have experienced the same thing. I bet when we start reintroducing the carbs we'll notice a difference.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:18 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Do not withdraw all carbs! Phase I allows dairy and legumes and including these in your menu will solve this problem.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #9  
Beer Belly Be Gone

Silver - You're definitely not alone. After the first 4 days the headaches ceased and the moodiness simmered down. I don't say it went away because, well, we all get moody now and then. Ruth is right on the money with drink lots of water and have legumes. I also took the multi-vitamins, which helped greatly. Hang in there!!! This too shall pass.......
Closed Thread