Old 06-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

Question What's the difference?

Okay, maybe I'm just way out of the loop. What's the difference between Atkins, South Beach and Sugar Busters?

Thanks,

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I am not familiar with Sugar Busters at all but, South Beach allows nuts on Phase 1 where Atkins does not. It also includes things like reduced fat cheeses where Atkins permits full fat cheeses.

Personally, I prefer Atkins. When done correctly, its clean eating of unprocessed foods (meat, veggies, salad, eggs, cheese) in moderation. All I know is, it works!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have never tried South Beach or Sugar Busters, but I agree that Atkins does work when followed correctly.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #4  

I think they all work if followed correctly, your best bet would be to go to the library for the books, and find one that will work best for your lifestyle and habits. There is also alot of info on this website but the books will give you all the info firsthand.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

I like Atkins and will most likely stick with it. I had wondered if perhaps South Beach and Sugar Busters were just a spin off of Atkins.

I wonder why, even though I can see it has success, Atkins remains unpopular in the mainstream. Is it all just a matter of opinion?

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
I like Atkins and will most likely stick with it. I had wondered if perhaps South Beach and Sugar Busters were just a spin off of Atkins.

I wonder why, even though I can see it has success, Atkins remains unpopular in the mainstream. Is it all just a matter of opinion?

- Jux
I think the reason Atkins remains unpopular in the mainstream is because people tend to be uneducated when it comes to this WOE. If you ask most people about Atkins...they assume we sit and eat pounds of bacon, tons of red meat, sticks of butter, no veggies, no salads, no fruits. They believe Atkins is very unhealthy. Most people prefer South Beach because it leans towards low-fat...which the mainstream have been conditioned to believe is a healthy way to eat.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

South Beach is not a low fat but a good fat plan. Saturated and trans fats are avoided. During the first two weeks, dairy and legumes are allowed and after that the emphasis is on fruits and whole grains. It is not a low carb or a low fat plan.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:56 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

My sister has tried South Beach and didn't like it. Well, if I was her weight I wouldn't like it either. She only needed to lose like 5 pounds. It was too restrictive for her. But she also said that it's not as restrictive as Atkins. But that she was going to try Atkins because she NEEDS the strictness of things. Not sure about Sugar Busters. Haven't heard about it from anyone I know.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote