Old 06-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie from Atlanta

I'm on Day 2 of the LAWL plan and so far, so good (loving the magic juice!). I walked into my local center last week and wanted to spend a couple days researching the program. Although most of what I read wasn't too positive, what appealed to me was weighing in 3 times a week, having the opportunity to talk one on one with a counselor, and the fact that this is a balanced food plan.
My COD called me after a couple days and gave me a substantial (half off) financial incentive to join. My plan includes 15 weeks of weight loss (not sure this 48 year old body can lose 30 pounds in 15 weeks, but I'm sure going to try) and then 37 weeks of stabiliation and maintenance, for a total of one year. Basically, I paid less than $5 a week to join and do not feel I got ripped off at all.
Since this plan is new to me (I've done ALL the others!), I'm pretty excited and motivated to make it work. I'm thrilled I found this site and appreciate all the insight provided. It sounds like every center is a little different and may be frustrating to deal with at times, but I have decided to approach this program, my center, and the days ahead with a positive attitude.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

you're gonna love it here!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great attitute to have, too! Welcome aboard. Most of the monthly chat takes place on the Losers and Friends thread, so come on over and say hello!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #4  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Welcome ^^
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #5  

Hi there, I was trying to PM you, but didn't see the option?

I am right above Woodstock in canton and I go to the Woodstock LAWL. I am in maintenance now - usually go once a week, but haven't been in abotu 2 weeks. I love Laurie, Brianna, and Charlene there. Laurie is great, she has been through the program herself and if you ever get stuck, she always has a great way to help. A few of the other annoy the crap out of me because all they want to do is sell me something. The other 3 are not like that.

If you are going to that center, let me know if I can help at all! I went to the Windward one when I first started and switched because I did not like them.

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

to the boards - you will love it here!!!

I have to say - that is such a cute and creative screen name - I just love it!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 AM   #7  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the boards and to LAWL! The center is fine for a lot of things, but I can tell you that this place, these boards and all these wonderful women are so good for your morale and your peace of mind. Everyone here is kind and generous and wonderful and you couldn't find a more supportive place. I hope you really like it here and good luck!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote