Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default aha! thoughts to ponder...

I think a lot. Not sure if this is always a good thing, but anyway...
a couple of thoughts:
-I think this idea might be from French Women Don't Get Fat or something along those lines, but it has great meaning for me. It's that I'm all grown up now and I can make my own decisions. I'm an adult. I don't have to eat what someone else tells me to eat. I don't have to feel like I'm "sneaking" a treat or something. It's my responsibility, my body.
-I don't have to eat something just because "it's there".
-I can say no, even if it makes me feel some residual guilt, because a family member made it.
-Only I am responsible for what goes into my mouth.
-I am in control of the food, not the other way around.
-It's ok to enjoy good stuff, but also important to practice moderation otherwise-in other words "every meal does NOT need to be a feast".
-If I observe the way other people eat, I can see that not everybody is taking a piece of cake at every party, so it's not strange to pass it up.
-Most of the time, I don't even WANT the "goodies"-it's more how I'm thinking other people are looking at me that makes me feel pressure. (Why would I think anybody else really cares what I eat, anyway? LOL)

Any other thoughts?
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

These are all great! It all comes down to personal responsibilty!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree totally, as adults we have to be responsible for our own choices and do what we know is right. Family situations are the hardest for me. They don't seem to understand that because I have lost most of my weight that I can't just pig out with everyone else. I have worked too hard at losing this weight and their "goodies" aren't worth gaining it back.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Amen!

I'm an adult,
--if I'm bored with what I'm eating I don't have to reach for the goodies, I can find a new meal that fits my plan
--I can tell bf that he's buying too high calorie food, and that I need to make a different choice for myself (instead of just eating it and not saying anything)
--I can make a healthier choice when I walk into a restaurant, and not just pick what looks the most delicious to me, calories be d*****!
--I don't have to eat all that chocolate on "name the holiday" just because it's "tradition"

(wow, I had a little too many of those, heh heh)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote