Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default I joined,&wrote my promise letter to myself..no more 2x-3x clothes again.

I would really like to thank the 3chicks for this board, and to all of you that have posted answers to my questions this week.. I'm sure there will be truck loads more...
However, and most importantly, I have put my checkbook where my mouth is,and did the plastic today..
I have my jug of juice,and a frig.filled with raw veggies.
My mind is made up,and I am going for this ride full speed ahead.
I know,and am fully aware that it's up to me..everything I choose to do,eat,follow...or not do, is all about the choices I make. Do I want fries,or a 2lb.loss..? Make the decision..
Do I want to live and die in a size 2x,3x or more?,or do I want to go to the gym,kick some butt (mine)and stick to the program?...My decision..
I can whine,whine,wine & dine,and give anyone here and everywhere a whole bunch of excuses..and they would be real reasons..but I still have the last decision,the last say in what I choose to put on my plate,and in my mouth. It's my decision.
I promise to own it,because if I don't it would be like giving away "my power",my word.
Not now or ever again. I need to declare this in a public place,not just to myself when I'm lying in bed,and telling myself that tomorrow is another day,and I'll do better..
and then tomorrow comes and cheezburgers call my name. No more. No more will food dictate to me,be my feel good lover,..no more. If I have a problem(s)I know that even though food makes the pain easier to take for about 15minutes..it doesn't solve the problem,and only gives me another one. I will not use food to fill in lonliness,heartbreak,bad decisions,or any other feeling,situation(s) that life gives me.
I will not use food in any other way than to fuel my body,with respect,to enjoy,and to get to a healthy place,and stay healthy. Food is not the enemy, it's how I've used it in the past.
That has been a poor decision on my part. This I must change.
I promise this to myself, I will make better decision from now on.
To assure this,I will read this declaration,this promise,this script to myself daily,and or whenever I'm tempted to say scre* it,and eat non-healthy.
Heathly is my middle name,because I deserve to feel better,
To look my best,and I owe it for my selfrespect.
I will not say wish me luck,because it's not about luck. I will not say I will try,because that leaves me a way out.."Well,I tried"...What I will say is I commit to doing this,to achieving this success,and all for me..
how's about that..
something this fabulous,this wonderful that I'm doing for my own self.
Thanks,and big-hug.FOCUS~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #2  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Focus:
Very well said...my favorite part was when you said "I deserve to feel better!" To that I say...YES YOU DO!!!! Thank you for sharing your resolve and determination...we could all use affirmations like this!
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Focus- Thank you so much for sharing your letter with us. I have not doubt that you can and WILL succeed. I am glad that you are going to share the ride with us!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #4  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

That is some pwerful stuff, there! Be sure to print copies and hang them in lots of places for you to see! Where at in Washington are you? Maybe we're neighbors?
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #5  

That is an amazing statement! I too believe that its going to work this time. I truely can not believe, even though I've only lost 27lbs, how great I feel. Just by working out, my legs are stronger, I walk with a stronger step, swimming is easier, and I just feel soo much better!

Keep up the positive reinforcement! Unfortunately, I'm coming donw with a cold and didnt get to be POP today, but I was close!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Focus - GREAT declaration!! That's exactly what you (and the rest of us need) to remember. Continue with the positives, and always remember, we are all here for you!! :hugs:
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #7  

Focus, I just loved that. Thanks for sharing - your positivity is contagious!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for sharing your amazing statement. You've made my day more POSITIVE!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #9  
PurpleSunshine

Focus - Wonderful inspiration letter! I loved it - thanks for sharing
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Thanks for sharing your letter and I see lots of success in your future!!
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #11  

What an amazing letter. You can do it and so can we all!
Karla B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #12  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

One word.

....Wow.
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #13  

Wow,thanks everyone..appreciate the good vibe,and glad to spread mine around especially when it's the gung-ho variety.
Almost finished with the first day juice thing..It seems to me that i ate more than usual,of the right/recommended stuff,but was hungrier than usual..wonder why that is..oh well, if I have to be a little hungry then so be it. Nothing worth much is a freebie. I do know that i'm not going to be watching the Food Network much anymore..why torture myself.I think my stomach is directly attached to my eyes. After I reach a personal goal,I'll make a date with some pasta,but first I must do some of the work. Tomorrow I go in for some kind of assessment,& do the 2nd day juicer,and also get the diet bar pitch..I was thinking today that I might buy a box..but I'm not buying the whole hundered$$ pkg. I may do the luna bars,or whatever for those 'moments' when I just have to put something in there,or else. I do notice that right around 3-4pm I get hungry..so maybe then...OR like last night when DH went and got himself a big fat bowl of ice cream,so I went to bed.I may be getting more sleep out of this.
Couple of questions...what is pop?
and still unable to access that weight tracker thingie...i get to the very end of the choosing part,and then I must not do something right.
Did the gym yesterday,weight machines,and treadmill...will do that again tomorrow. Take care,we're worth it. Focus~
Old 06-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Focus - when you get your actual food plan, believe me, you won't feel hungry!! I felt (and still do feel) like I am constantly eating, and this is way more food than I have ever eaten! Doing the TO juice was probably the hardest part of the plan. Let us know how today goes for you!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #15  

4 1/2 lbs.gone forever-1st.day! It may be water,but it sure feels good,and most importantly keeps me turned up,and tuned in. Thanks alot for being here!