Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chit Chat #200!!!!

Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies that come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles , and we also find time for some chitchatting!

So please, won't you join us?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #2  

Hello ladies!!

Just a quicky here as I should be in bed. It's been TOO hot here in Oregon! Up to the 100's. Very bizarre!!

Just wanted to say hello and to let you know I haven't forgotten about you all....just taking it easy and trying to stay cool. (as I sit here in a pool of sweat!)

I'll catch up more when it cools off a bit.

Hugs to all!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #3  
ugggg.....

Good Morning--quickie post before starting my day. The anxiety pill is making much more calmer--if I can just make it until my co-worker/friend makes it back at least part-time I will be okay.

DD & her friend have painted their little house--I saw the color samples but not the finished product yet. DD's friend is a art major and has a good eye for color. DD's bedroom is blue of course, DD's friend bedroom is a rose color, The bathroom will be decorated with rubber ducky's--(DD already has shower curtain and some accessories)-They painted the walls blue and the cabinents Yellow & got a border with ducky's. The kitchen is a pale yellow that they liked better on the sample paper--the say it looks white not yellow--they are deciding to go with a darker yellow or go dramatic with turquoise to match DD's turquoise and lime color dishes. The living room is a pretty coral color and I forget the color of the dining/computer/study room. The place needs a little work since it is older. DH is concerned that some of the locks on the windows don't work so he is going to fix those since they are all on ground level and the breaker box is actually outside so he wants to put a lock on it too so only the girls can get into it. He is buying Geneva a taser like the one he got for DD. His main concern is that since it is older--will the girls have problems--DD smiled and hugged him and said that's why she has him!! The landlord is older and actually installed a better deadbolt lock on the back door and is getting a deadbolt & chain for the front one--he wants the girls to be safe. The house had been empty for awhile and a bunch of guys from the college lived there before. The yard needs some work so we will go over on Friday and clip,weed whack & mow again. The landlord paid someone to do it, but it was not done very well or finished. Anything the girls (or we) do will get knocked off the security deposit. At the rate we are going he will owe them.
Well I gotta go!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Mornin' Ladies.

Yes its me, Sassy, I hope you remember me. lol. I have just been busy working and all. Some stuff has been going on again at work, but I addressed it.

I have to admit I have been a bit down lately. Crying over stupid, stuipd things too. I don't understand it. No its' not my TOM either. Just feel well, sad .

Also my eating is totally out of control too. I just want to eat everything in site lately! I want to exercise, but I have no motivation. I know it would be good for me, not only for the WL factor, but for the feeling blue factor as well, but for some reason I can't get motivated.

I just feel, well, alone. I know that seems funny to say when I'm happily married, but I just do. I have no girlfriends to hang out with, I work with mostly guys at work, don't really see any of my other friends I used to see because of my shift and working weekends.

Infact one of our friends we haven't seen in months called tonight asking if we were mad at them. Hub talked to the husband. He told him we have been working and with our schedule its tough to see anybody because most people work days M-F.

I know we need the money and I don't mind my job even though it has its moments. (what job doesn't though!) But sometimes I regret getting back into the workforce. I know I finally found a job that I can do without my back killing me. (spinal injury) But sometimes I wonder if its worth it. Just feels so lonely.

Well I guess I should end this before I depress everybody! lol. But I thought I should come and say that I am still alive and kicking.

I hope everybody understands why I've been MIA. Also I hope its okay to just post here as I really am not up to posting in all the threads I usually participate in..................So to anybody out there and sorry I've been MIA.

Have a Great Day.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #5  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! Sassy... don't feel bad at all, when I get the chance I pop in here, it is a rare thing this week. I have 205 students coming tomorrow and it is just a madhouse here. I am beyond whipped! I have my countdown for 3 more days until my vacation on the beach & I will really miss you all for a week! No way am I taking a phone or a computer, don't even want to see one while I am gone LOL

Your friends will understand!! You will get together with them when you can. On the girlfriend thing, I can relate. The girls I work with are all back stabbers & talk behind your back, I don't trust any of them, very sad. I don't have GF either, mostly because I have been hurt in the past more by women than men. I do have you guys though so that helps!

chin up girl it will be ok! How long have you been on this shift - maybe just need time to adjust to the change? How long have you felt this way, maybe ask Dr for assistance? I took Wellbutrin and that helped my mood tremendously! I tried Zoloft but I was spaced out.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Hi All -- sorry I wanted to post that for Sassy

Ok -- I am nutso, I have 205 students coming in tomorrow and I am exhausted. They aren't officially here yet and they are already driving me nutso. My gf in Korea is freaking out (she just took a job there and let's just say she is having a full dose of major culture shock).

My 3 day countdown is on! It seems like everytime I try to log on here the phone rings or someone walks in (you know cause I am at work when I do this so work really interrupts my postings LOL.

Have a super fab day all !!!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
~Believe~

Hi and Thanks Robin.

I appreciate your support. I've been on this shift for 7 months now. I just think its the "isolation". I mean I have people around me, but like I said they are all men. I just feel like the world is flying by me and I'm asleep the whole time! lol.

I've been feeling this way hmmmmmmm. I guess at least a few months now. But I have my highs and lows. Right now I'm at a low. I was on Wellbutrin a while back and it helped, but then I started to feel better and got off of it. I guess I could go back on it, but I really would like to figure out the problem and not just medicate it. Not that there is anything wrong with medication, just I would really like to try to fix it without it first.

I haven't had much luck with women friends either. I've always seemed to get along better with men for some reason. But sometimes I miss being around women because of being surrounded by men all the time. I think they tend to forget that I'm even a woman and it makes me feel invisible at times.

Have fun tomorrow with all your students and on your vacation!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #8  

Another quicky for me!

They have changed my hours at work until further notice. I'll work from 11:00-7:30. Which I really love!! But it's only temporary....at least until the end of July. So I'll take it. Jhanai has been staying here since Friday......love having her here!!

Jules--Glad the pills are helping you and that you're feeling better! How fun for your DD to decorate her home! I love the ducky theme for the bathroom!

Sassy--Don't you worry at all if you can't get on here everyday. You just pop in when you get the chance and talk about anything you want when you do, ok? I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I can understand how you feel too. I've felt that way many times since my DH has went to work for the RR. He's gone most times, and I don't go out w/any gals either. And believe me, lonliness can really hurt sometimes! So just know we're here for you and we all send you big hugs!

Robin--205 students? What are they coming for? (If I missed it somewhere I apologize!) I can just hear them now!! I watched Hells Kitchen last night and they had a group of kids come in for lunch.......boy was it noisy!

Good morning to the rest of you gals!

Well I'm hoping I have no typing errors and I'm typing as fast as I can! Must get a move on!!

Hugs to you all an I'll check in after work if it's cool enough!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Sassy--sorry your feeling so alone , from me!! I worked with mostly men when I sanded kitchen cabinets--the women were already formed into their closeknit cliques. Fortunately--alot of the guys were ones I was friends with in highschool and my big brother worked there too.

Marti--DS let DD put up her shower curtain (complete w/ducky hangers) in the apartment they shared--but he says he draws the line at his girlfriends hot pink bathroom......he wants to put his black shower curtain back up.

Robin-- 205 kids!!! coworker went with military hubby to Korea while he was stationed there--she said once you get used to it--it is a friendly and beautiful country.

Gotta go!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #10  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Sassy psst...are you anywhere near Lansing, MI?

Marti...Oh lordy I work at a University in the Admissions department. This year we admitted 205 (used to be 125) UGH.. They all come in tomorrow for Orientation. I feel like a total lunatic (I told my dh I feel like we are all animals in a zoo and I am requesting my own cage!)

Jules... this is a great break to be on here at the moment. My gf has a live journal (blog) set up and her posts are a major riot. She is trying but I have these visuals - she is a crazy woman what can I say. I am waiting for photos though!

me now

me in 3 days!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - how are you doing with finding the missing person? I worry about you when you're working as a PI, missy. Be careful out there. Wow, where did you ever find a tea cart like that? How cool! I think you ought to get some aqua towels or rugs for your brown bathroom, knowing how much you like that color combo. Sounds really nice so far. Good luck with the interview with the chiro today. Keep an eye out for waving guns, lol.

Sue - you've had lots of company lately, lol, like me. I really enjoy having people in, and I can tell you do, too. Hope you get an offer soon. When the time's right, you will, don't you agree? Hey, come help me clean my house, ok? I'll be looking for you. And don't tell me the dust cloth has been put up, like you did with the iron and ironing board last week.

Julie - hope you're feeling even better today. Your DDs house sounds so cute - love the colors they chose. The landlord sounds like he'll be easy to deal with, since he is looking out for the girls' safety. Gotta love a LL like that.

Michelle - yikes, I'm not going to complain about our heat here anymore, after hearing the temps you're suffering through. Hope you get some relief soon, hon.

Marti - can you believe we're up to thread #200? And most of our posts are fairly long - not just 1 or 2 sentences! Yay for the new hours. How long will you have them like that?

Sassy - aww, hon, you didn't depress us. That's what friends are for. Hopefully, you'll be able soon to get out with your friends at home, but please know that we're here for you, and will cheer you up anytime you need it, ok.

Robin - keep your eye on the vacation countdown, chicka! Where did you say you're going? Camping? Wherever it is, have a blast. In the meantime, I hope you get your own cage at work, lol.

Faye - hope you make it in here ok. I just know you'll like the support and friendship these other ladies have to offer, and you will be such a great addition to the group.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Well, gals, Neal made it through the sleep study ok. He finds out next Monday what the results are. Today I've been busy preparing for yet another dinner/cookout we're having. You've heard me mention the Walmart door-greeter -Linda - who's so kind to my DGDs, and even buys them gifts? Well, I invited her and her SO are coming out tomorrow, as well as Mary and the DGDs, so I'm getting some of the prep work out of the way today.

The A/C in my car went blooey. It has a leak, so Neal put in some of that stop-leak stuff, but it didn't work. So we have an appt. tomorrow AM to drop it off and get it fixed. Hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I've been doing pretty good with the food, in that I've made a conscious effort to eat healthier, and so far, so good. My calorie intake is still too high, but at least it's with healthier choices.

Gotta run - see you all later.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies. I just wanted to pop in and say I appreciate all your kind words and It means a lot. I'm glad I found a great site like this one and have met all your wonderful ladies!

Today for dinner hub is making Grilled Lamb with Rosemary and I'm going to attempt to make his mom's oven roasted potatoes with it. We probably will have a nice Spring Green Salad with it too.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Jane--you asked about the chai tea I like. Chai tea is a black tea with spices. I am feeling more back to the normal me. I am still very busy at work but I am dealing better with it. Now the rumors have begun about another layoff. If they hit my area again when there are other areas that weren't touched the last times and their staff have time to sleep, play games, talk on cell phones & alot to each other and do crossword puzzles and goof off I have told my DH that I will put in my two weeks notice. Hopefully they are just rumors though.

Sassy--I have to agree that there are some very supportive people on this site. Your dinner sounds good. What is your MIL's oven roasted potatoe recipie? My kids fave is when I use the recipie on a box of lipton onion soup mix for roasted potatoes. Hope you have a good night together. Me & DH are like you and yours and spend most of our time together alone. We even work together. (in separate departments)

Hi to everyone else!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Hey Jules!

Wow you and your hub sound just like us! We work together too, separate depts, but the same shift! Some people do not understand how we can spend that much time together, but we have no problems with it and we still have our own alone time too, that everybody needs.

His mom's potatoes I beleive it just potatoes and butter with some seasoning. But the lipton soup mix sounds good too! Its one of hubs favorite things and she always makes it when we have lamb so that is what he wanted for dinner as a side.

I'm so glad I found this site. There are so many wonderful people here that just lift your spirits when you need it. I am feeling better already and not so alone anymore.

Again, ladies, you all are wonderful!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sassy - I love the quote under your avatar. My Katie says that, too, from the movie. Just keep swimming.... Btw, we're really glad, too, that you found this place.

Julie - yikes, I hope the buzz about a layoff is just a rumor. You don't need the stress of that! Thanks for the info about the tea.

Hello to all others. Guess you're all busy with life away from the computer, huh? I have been busy too, since I'm having company for dinner tonight. I like to get as much done ahead of time as possible. We took my van in to get an estimate to fix the a/c. Well, I better get back to work!

Have a good day.
Closed Thread