Old 06-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Talking Luna substitute?

For those of you who only do one bar a day, what do you eat in place of the other bar? Another P? Starch?
Looking for some ideas!
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Can't help you there, but 2 bars = 1S and 1/2P, so if you only eat one, I would add in a half a starch somewhere, or maybe a small protien, like 1 string cheese, or some peanut butter.....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #3  

Psych, I just responded to this in friends and losers, but I'll repeat so you don't have to dig through pages to find it. I have only been doing one bar a day the entire time of my weight loss. My COD said to add in some extra protein and that it would be fine (although, funny enough, she said not to tell anyone she told me that was okay ). There are days that I don't eat any bars at all, and on those days I do add in an extra starch and an extra 1/2 protein. But when I do only one bar, then I just add an extra 1/2 protein to my day. Usually I just put some extra chicken on my salad at lunch. It hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. Hope that makes sense! Good luck!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #4  

Smile

Thanks Lori and Stiesta! I will try what you suggested. Yesterday and today I had Luna bars (2 each day), and I think I might be Luna'd out. I think the crispies are gettin' to me! Last week I was Pria'd out! They taste good, but I think the appeal of the Lites was their smooth texture...I'm not really a crunchy kind of chick. My MIL is a crunch fiend, so she would love these.

The SlimFast bars have a similar texture to Lites, but I am unsure of their similarity in terms of nutrients. *Sigh*

Only thing I worry about is...if 2 bars=about 360 calories, then say I add in a piece of liight bread (40 cal) and half a protein (100-150 cal), then aren't I still missing a lot of calories?

I obviously cannot stay attached to the Lites the rest of my life, but to be totally honest, everytime I ate one, I imagined I was eating a Milky Way!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hmmmm, I wonder if I could eat a piece of broccoli and make myself think it is pie.......
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

psycgirl - slim fast posts all of their nutritional info online. I'm not sure how it compares with LA lites. (I do know that one of the bars tastes sooooo much like a Butterfinger candy bar!!)
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Slimfast Optima Peanut Butter Crunch (snacks)
Calories 120
Fat 4
Sodium 80
Carbs 21
Dietary Fiber <1
Sugars 12
Protein 1

Slimfast High Protein
Chocolate Chip Granola (Meals on the Go)
Calories 190
Fat 6
Sodium 200
Potassium 300
Carbs 20
Dietary Fiber 2
Sugars 9
Protein 15

I happen to have these since DD thought she needed a "lite" of her own!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #8  

Leann: Thanks for the nutritional info! I'll check out the others online.

Katie: you gotta do what you gotta do to get through.

Sherry: Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks some of them taste like candy...have you tried the cookie dough one?!?! Yumm.....