Old 06-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Bra recommendations?

Ok girls, I broke two bras in the last week (snapped the underwire). My favorite favorite favorite bra was from Lane Bryant and is a style that they no longer carry. It was not molded, it wasn't pumped, it wasn't thick, it was perfect.

I'd like demi bras, but ones that aren't so demi would be good too. I like bras that don't have any padding and aren't thick. I also don't like bras that are super thin. Microfiber would be good, cotton/blend would be good, plain cotton not so good. I do like something that has a good lift as well and underwire is a must. I wear a 42B and sometimes 42C. All of Lane Bryant bras these days seem to either be really thick or have padding.

I also want a bra that can last. Any recommendations?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #2  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I have ample breasts and find that Fredricks of hollywood carry a great selection. If you go into the store the sales ladies will measure you and give you your exact fit. If they don't have your size in store (goes up to F) you can order it. I'm a 34F and I swear by them.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #3  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I second Fredericks! I'm a 38DD, though. I'm sure it's worth a look to see what they have to offer that meets your preferences.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm so picky when it comes to bras. However, I just found one at Lane Bryant that I really liked. I normally don't wear front closure bras but I had to buy one for a dress I was wearing to a wedding and I fell in love with it. It's called a microfiber front-closure racerback bra.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #5  

I just recently purchased 2 of the best bras I've ever had....from Walmart! LOL They are both Playtex, and one is labeled full figure, and the other is full support, I think they are both from the "feel beautiful" collection. Both have underwires, the straps are comfortable, and they actually hold me up. I wear size 44C, and have never owned a more comfortable, supportive bra... not to mention, they aren't outrageously priced either... I believe they were priced around $13. You can see the various styles from their website... http://www.feelbeautifulbras.com/thumbs.asp
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #6  

Do you live near a Nordstroms? They are very good at fitting correctly and putting people in good bras that are right for that individual. I have a friend that just went and the sales lady did say Bali makes a nice bra (that's what she has worn for years and she was happy the sales lady said it was a good brand).

I found a microfiber one at Wal-mart for ~$8 and it is ok. Hope that helps!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:10 AM   #7  

I have a heck of a time finding bras that I like, but part of that is because I HATE wearing underwires, I'm small chested especially for a large size woman and lots of bra makers think all larger women have large breasts. I hate bra shopping, so I have no recommendations, but good luck with finding what you want!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Melody, I'm the same way but I actually think underwires give me lift.

Lovemylabs, I have a Bali bra that I LOVE but its an exercise bra I find myself wearing it for other things as well though. I tried their other bras and for some reason, they are too big in the cup. There are Nordstroms around but I've tried to avoid them recently

Last time I tried Fredericks of Hollywood, they said they didn't carry my size. It may be an option again now that I've lost weight.

Jessica, that bra looks fabulous.

I did decide to order a bra from Bare Necessities as my size is hard to find in the stores other than Lane Bryant. I am hoping it works well and if not, back it will go.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

If you go the the Just My Size Website. www.JMS.com They not only have JMS bras but Playtex and many other favorite brands of larger women. They even have bras made especially for larger women in an A and B cup. If you go to their website they have a bra finder. You put in what kind of things you like in a bra and it will match you with different ones to choose from.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #10  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

I love the Bali Live it Up bras -- I get them at Kohls. http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...d_id=225562685
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I had terrible trouble finding a good bra because of my size. It's almost impossible to find a 34G without going to a speciality bra shop because a 34" band size is too small for plus stores, but a G cup is way beyond what "normal" stores stock.

I wear Felina bras now. I always hated wires until I found this style. It's so comfy I can't even feel I'm wearing it, and it gives superb support whilst still looking pretty. Not cheap at $100 CDN, but worth every cent, IMO.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #12  
hara hachi bu

Wow, Dishy, a 34G is an odd size.

I am always in a bra predicament, it seems. How I long to wear a non-industrial-strength bra! Imagine, two or three hooks?

I am dropping weight fast enough that I just deal with ill-fitting bras for now, as they are expensive enough that I don't want to buy them until I really need to.

Weird breast phenomenon ... I've lost 60 pounds, have lost over 4 inches of breast, yet miraculously all of my bras still fit? I'm a 42DD. They fit differently, and maybe they were all too small at my top weight anyway, but I thought I'd need different bras. Has anyone else experienced this?
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #13  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Best bra's on this earth...Breezies on QVC. I'd never wear anything else!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #14  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
Wow, Dishy, a 34G is an odd size.
It sure is! And my band size is going down far quicker than the cup size! My sister's on the chesty side too, yet my mam's bust was like two fried eggs! I've no idea where ours came from.

If it helps, for a bra to fit correctly, the centre bit (between the cups) should lie flat against the body, and the band should be snug and parallel to the floor. It should not ride up at all, nor should skin bulge out of the top or bottom.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

As much as I hate to concede to Oprah, I loooove my Le Mystere.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote