Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default Who's up for a Monday challenge

Okay guys -- here is the deal. I am really good at starting the week off great, by Thursday and Friday I am down a few pounds, and I blow it and put it all back on over the weekend. NO MORE! I am starting a new challenge for anyone interested to be PERFECTLY POP for 7 days, starting today. Not one cheat, not one bite, not one morsel of a bite. I need to really jump start myself so I can get this ball rolling downward again. Any fellow weekend cheaters interested in joining me? We will be accountable to each other and will post our weight loss results next Monday morning. I am nervous with the 4th of July coming up next week that I will use that as an opportunity to rationalize away 2 weeks of bad eating. NOT GONNA DO IT! 7 days of POP...any takers?
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Count me in-it's so hot here I'm doing TO today and tomorrow . . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I am so in. I have been just terrible lately. Here goes nothin!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Height: 5'7

Me too. I like Mondays , a good starting place. I have been off sugar and the white processed junk for a week. "except for last nite" Was feeling good. But, am going to go more towards the South Beach Way of eating this week.
kewe92103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #5  
Getting to Goal in 2006

S/C/G: 185/182.6/155

Height: 5'6"

Stiesta: You read my mind! I was horrible this weekend and now paid for it this morning when I weighed in. I am always so good during the week and then the weekends come, and I find myself indulging. I almost want to avoid social events to prevent me from cheating. I went to a baby shower yesterday and totally pigged out! I am WAY in!!! This is just what I needed!

Erin
azgal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #6  

I'm in as well, but will be POP through this week and report on Friday; we leave for vaction on Saturday and I'm extremely nervous / anxious; I already know I"m giving up my frozen drinks and need some low calorie substitutions.
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #7  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I'm in too. I'm fine on the weekends until dinner. When I'm at work all day I stay pretty routine, but then dinner comes and we often go out with friends and I eat what I shouldn't at a restaurant and...Ahhh! 7 days POP I'm totally in.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Count me in too. I did gain a few lbs. from vacation and have physically felt like crap ever since we got home. I am going to do TO tomorrow and Wed to see if I can get myself jump started again.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/166/127

Height: 5'5

I am soooo totally in! Thanks so much for thinking of this. Of course this morning was a fresh start for me already, as Monday mornings usually are. We are all going to do 7 days POP!!! I'm so excited! And we had all better see the results of our hard work!
Good luck everyone!

Juliemoon
JulieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #10  
Losing the Weight!

Count me in! I am really beginning to HATE weekends... so much to do and so little time to actually plan and eat properly.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #11  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Ohhh...sounds fun, but can I participate only through Friday? We are leaving Thursday evening to celebrate my DS 1st birthday with both grandmas in San Antonio. I will try to be good with all else, but I am eating cake on Sunday...I can say that now. Just a little bit...
But, I will be back and will do WI with ya'll on Monday.
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #12  

YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #13  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas!
No sweetie you are not alone !! The weekends are so hard for me too -- with 3 kids and being on the go during the weekend -- I get sick of salads and honestly here lately, my life is overwhelming me -- although I have been TRYING to be in control of my eating so I can have "control" over something !!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default Count Me In!

I just got back yesterday from a 7 day cruise. Weight gain of 6.4 lbs. - but it was sooooo worth it. I am doing TO today and tomorrow.

Sue - For an alternatve to the frozen drinks try Crystal Light lemonade with vodka - Very refreshing and yummy!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #15  

Count me in!! I am terrible on the weekends.
Karla B is offline   Reply With Quote