Old 06-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #1  

Default New and in TROUBLE !!

Wow ! I am so out of control it is scary...I am approaching the 300# mark and I can really feel it on my body. I have got to get it together...and soon ! So, any thoughts on a start ??? Thanks !
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome! I know how you're feeling...I felt that way when I found out that I had reached 289...wow! You did a wonderful thing coming here, there is so much great information and support here. Do you have any idea what you want to do to lose the weight? Calorie counting, Weight Watchers, and so on? Do you have any ideas for exercise? Walking, DVD's, joining a gym? Whatever you decide, there are lots of great people here! I would start by evaluating your eating...try keeping a food journal and go from there...begin replacing foods that you are eating now that might not be so healthy with better choices. Good luck, and WELCOME again!

Cassie
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #3  

Default hmmmmmmmmm

It seems like I have tried so many things and eventually end up failing....I have a treadmill and like to swim in the summer, so I will probably start with those two activities.....as far as a diet plan.......not quite sure yet....thanks for your supportive words.....
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

There are a lot of people here who understand how you are feeling, but we can do this!! I've tried a ton of diets and failed as well, or tried others and was successful for awhile but it was just not any way I could maintain for a lifetime. There are lots of different approaches, what works for one person might not work for another, for me calorie counting and exercise is the only thing I know that I can maintain for a lifetime, but that might not be what works for someone else! No matter what you decide to do there is a lot of great information and support here. Just try to keep in mind that this is doable!!! Read the success stories, there are so many on this board, that have been there and have made it to their goal, they help keep me trucking and pushing forward!! Welcome to the board!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Exercise is always a good thing, so there is a great start already!

As for eating, no matter what plan you try the whole "diet" thing generally boils down to the principle of calories in versus calories out.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #6  

Default I sound like a broken record

I know I sound like a commercial or something, but I HAVE to recommend weight watchers! I had gotten up to 235 when I joined...and I'm at 199 now (I quit and gained back about 10 pounds after my friend passed away) It's really easy to follow, and it's good for you...no silly gimmick or quick fix.... anyways...good luck!! Believe in yourself!! If you start now, then you will be enjoying the benefits sooner!
LectersFavaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #7  
Winning by Losing

S/C/G: 263/208/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to the boards. The program I'm doing is a complete body cleansing and fat burning prgoram, which you can find some more info on my blog linked in my sig. I'm doing very well with it, and it's something I highly recommend especially to those who have struggled with "diets" in the past like I have. It's not a diet ... it's a total nutritional and body cleansing program and results can be seen right away, and I can tell you from my own experience that I have felt great since I started this. If you have any questions let me know. There's a group of us ******** users on another forum that are on the program now, and let me tell you it's exciting to see how everyone is doing. You don't have to take my word for it though .

Again welcome, and if I can be of any assistance, let me know ... regardless of whether you are interested in what I'm doing or not. We are all here for each other regardless of what plan or program we follow. Just remember you can do this, and you deserve it! The right mindset is very important.

Last edited by karistiana; 07-05-2006 at 08:47 AM.
karistiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #8  

It has been my experience that it doesn't matter WHAT plan you do, just that you do SOMETHING. Getting started is the hardest part. Just because you haven't decided on a specific plan doesn't mean you can't get going. Eat less and move more while you do a little research to decide what kind of program is right for you. And BE FLEXIBLE. Successful weight loss often boils down to trial and error so don't fall into the trap that you are either on one specific plan or you are off. Diets have a beginning and and end but losing weight and maintaining that loss doesn't. So, just keep trying different things until you find the plan that works for you, fits your lifestyle, your budget, etc. If there isn't a program out that you are 100% happy with don't be afraid to create your own. Research, ask for advice, read other people's accounts of success and then take the bits and pieces that make sense to YOU and seem to fit the way YOU want to live and put them into place. In the meantime, you will find lots of good information and great support right here so check in often! Congratulations for getting on the road to good health!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #9  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hi, cyclone. what lucky said

I like the treadmill. You'll read others posting this (not original to me!), do what activities you like, and eat what tastes good (make the effort to cook what you like). Glad to see you here.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think the best way is to start slow and make modifications to your exercise and eating plans. I know your question is where should you start but it basically begins with cutting down on high calorie foods, watching portions and implementing an exercise program.

I'm following Body for Life which I think is doing wonders for me. I was stuck in a rut for so long after I lost 70 lbs initially and not being able to lose any more.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Good advice already posted! to the board!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #12  

I think that in the beginning, many people are in denial about what got them to the weight they are at... I was one of those. You didn't just suddenly wake up at 300lbs one day. You need to critically evaluate what you are doing that has lead to this weight (obviously, overeating - but more specifically are you grazing on food all day, are you an emotional eater, do you just eat too much of the wrong thing, etc). You need to know why you are eating the way you are. You need to evaluate your lifestyle and identify your needs (for instance, I must be able to have convenient foods because I am not home alot), and then identify how you can make changes that still meet those needs but in a healthy way. I agree with the food journaling, that is something that gives you your true caloric intake, as most people underestimate the amount of calories they eat in a day if they don't journal. I think most people here use http://www.fitday.com
As for exercise, there isn't any excuse for not exercising....find activities that you like that you can stick with; fit exercise into your day as much as possible; and set yourself up for success - I am a full-time college student, and have found that I must exercise before class or I won't do it, so I make sure I have a enough time to get in my exercise.
Make sure you set goals - but BE FLEXIBLE. Set goals that you are comfortable with and create a reward system that does not include food (for example, right now, my main goal is 50lbs lost, and my reward is a pedicure).
The biggest thing I can say is that you have to be truly motivated and ready to change your life. If you go back to your current eating habits, the weight will come back too... make changes that you will be able to live with for the rest of your life.
Good luck with your journey!
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote