Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5"5

Default HOw much should a 12 year girl weigh

Does anyone know where to find a chart on the net to let you know how much children should weigh. I have a deverloping daughter. She is average size but I can see it adding. I need to know how much her averge weight range should be. to help her make good choices. We as a family all are trying to be a bit more healthy. well DH he is something to work on. But. I see her wanting to walk with me and be more fit. I just want to know what to watch for and make sure she is in a good weight range. Out of three girls she is the most like me and I am affriad of that.
Thanks
Stacey
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

I did a search on Google and found this, hope it helps.

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growt...l_ibw_calc.htm
kristine724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Do you have a good repertoire with her doctor or nurse? You could ask them, and they may be able to give you some educated guidance for the physical as well as emotional (pre-puberty). Good for you in trying to teach her to manage her choices now. I have a 12 yo dau so I am totally understanding you want the best for her now and in later years. Best to both of you.
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Kristine for posting this. I was also wondering where to find a BMI calculator for me and my teenage daughter.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #5  

Height: 5"5

Thank you that helped greatly. I have a good relation ship with all my girls, They know the hard work I put in to be healthy. They understand what foods are better and all that. I just want to help her before it could get out of hand. She looks great small tween pudge. She is active and plays sports. I know shes healthyy. But the middle school years can be tuff I want to be armed. I am a Childcare provider. I am very up on foods and survering good meals. So I Just want to keep that extra eye out. While not stepping on her toes and hurting feelings. She knows I am just looking out for her future. I refer to the show. Honey we are killing are kids. SO she knows how it can happen and fast to a child. and how it is unhealthy . I just didn't want to be unrealistic and have the facts while I am keeping a eye on her.

Thanks again.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote