General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #1  
Grand Canyon on my 30th!!

Default Wanting to chat with people from San Diego, California...

My husband and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and we went to San Diego for our honeymoon in May of 2003. And we fell in love with the city!!! So much so in fact that we're planning on moving there as soon as we're able to. We've become obsessed with the thought of living there permanently and have set a goal of being out of Winnipeg by 2010 at the absolute latest.

So I would LOVE to talk to people who live in our favorite city and who love it as much as we do! I think it'll help keep us focused on moving there as soon as possible!

Hope to hear from you!

Stacey
Old 06-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #2  
No description available.

I used to live there. It is VERY expensive! I fear that if you wait until 2010, the average housing price might be close to $1 mil (exaggerating slightly, but not much). It is gorgeous, yes...I lived in the Tierrasanta area and attended college in Point Loma.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

There are a couple of us here from north San Diego county ~ another Stacey as a matter of fact lives in the city next to mine!

MIDWIFE~ You must have gone to Pt. Loma Nazarene ~ my daughter graduated from there a little over a year ago. Beautiful campus of course.

Great place to live ~~ but not as nice as it was years ago I am afraid, due to traffic and people of course!!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  
Grand Canyon on my 30th!!

Yeah, in all the research we've done, we noticed that it's not going to be cheap to live there. That's the main reason why we have to wait a couple years - we want to make sure we're financially ready. And I don't think we'll ever buy a house there, we're really happy just to rent an apartment forever! Thank you both Midwife and EZMoney for your comments.

Stacey
Closed Thread